My mother was a great baker, she always baked muffins on Sunday, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was awesome in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on Mondays, so I made muffins, on Sunday night, just like my mom and they always grab them on Monday mornings. I guess traditions are important. So, if you are having trouble with breakfast, try this one, and let me know how they work for you.
I love eating muffins all year round; they are perfect on the go-to breakfast. I always make a huge batch on Sunday, so my husband can bring them to work during the week. These are my favorite muffins, I have been eating them since I was a little girl. I’m not sure where the recipe came from, but they are amazing! My kids also love them, because they are nice and fruity, who doesn’t love chocolate.
Here are other muffin recipes.
here are some common questions that come across in our air fryer group, and I wanted to take a few minutes and address them.
Can Silicone Molds Be Used in the Air Fryer?
Yes, anything that is ovenproof, can be used in the air fryer. It can be glass, ceramic, metal or silicone. I have had success with silicone molds, metal disposable cupcake molds and really good success with silicone molds.
Here are some suggestions:
This is my favorite, each purchase comes with 2, and I bought 2, so I could always have my muffin batter in a pan. Love it!
Can You Bake in the Air Fryer?
Yes, absolutely. Although all of the temperatures and times will need to be adjusted. Prepare the pans, as you would normally, spray with non-stick cooking spray. You will also have to adjust the recipes so that you only fill the air fryer sized pans (Sometimes, cake mix and brownie mix, prepared will need to be split between two pans) With muffins it doesn’t matter that much.
Don’t Forget To Pin–
This is such an easy recipe. My kids love the rich flvor of the chocolate chips, and the chocolate. Which makes it a double treat.
- 6 ounces of semisweet squares
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teapsoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Start by melting the butter and chocolate squares in the microwave.
- Mix in the egg, buttermilk, sugar, egg, vanilla and mix well.
- Then mix in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Once the mixture is all mixed, fold in teh chocoalte chips.
- Spray your muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon in the batter. Then place the muffin tin into the air fryer basket or tray and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 11 minutes. Place a toothpick through the middle of the muffin, if it comes out clean, it’s cooked through if not add another 1-2 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer chocolate chip muffins air fryer chocolate cupcakes air fryer muffins muffin mix in air fryer air fryer mini muffins how long to cook cupcakes in air fryer paper cupcake liners in air fryer air fryer chocolate chip cookies