If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy dessert, look no further than Air Fryer Brazilian Pineapple! Air frying the pineapple gives it a crisp outer layer while leaving it soft and juicy. Plus, this dish is packed with nutrients, making it the perfect sweet treat to enjoy any time of day. Give this recipe for Brazilian grilled pineapple a try today!
Brazilian Grilled Pineapple
The air fryer is the easiest way and makes for a great addition to any meal! This is such an easy recipe for a special treat. Today, I gave you my version of Air Fryer Brazilian Pineapple.
If you’re unfamiliar with grilled Brazilian pineapple, it’s a tasty and easy way to prepare fruit. Today, I made it with the air fryer’s help. It’s typically made on the grill or over an open fire.
If you love a great and easy caramelized pineapple for a sweet dessert or a side dish, you’re going to adore this recipe. I love serving mine with roasted ham, whether for a Sunday dinner or Easter Sunday. This makes an impressive sweet dessert in minutes.
I originally had these at a Brazilian steakhouse, so when I came home, you know I had to try my hand at a replica copy. And it’s amazingly easy in the air fryer.
Why You’ll Love Brazil Pineapple
- Healthy and delicious snack
- Full of sweet fruity flavor
- Done in 15 minutes
- No added sugar or preservatives
What is Brazilian Pineapple?
As the name sounds, it’s a preparation technique found in Brazil. The pineapple originates from Brazil, so most Brazilian restaurants serve it.
It is typically prepared with brown sugar and ground cinnamon glaze, and you can serve it with either fresh whipped cream or toasted coconut. Both are typical ways to eat it. Or, you can have it plain as a side dish.
This is a great tropical fruit that is one of my favorite air fryer pineapple recipes. You can serve this fresh fruit for a special occasion or just a side dish for your next dinner. Best of all, you prepare this recipe will minimal effort by using the air fryer.
Ingredients Needed For This Grilled Brazilian Pineapple Recipe
- Fresh Pineapple Sliced: You can use a pineapple corer for pineapple rings or cut your fruit into pineapple spears.
- Brown Sugar: To make the cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Ground Cinnamon
- Butter: You can also use olive oil, avocado, or sesame oil, but I love the sweet taste of butter!
How To Cut A Pineapple
Cutting a pineapple is surprisingly easy, and knowing how to do it will make incorporating this juicy fruit into your recipes much more enjoyable.
First, choose a ripe pineapple by looking for one with bright green leaves and giving it a gentle shake. If you hear juice sloshing around inside, the pineapple is ripe. Once you have chosen the perfect pineapple, wash it with cold water and a clean cloth.
Next, lay the whole pineapple on a cutting board or flat surface on its side and cut off the bottom of the pineapple with a sharp knife. Stand the pineapple upright and carefully cut away the tough outer skin in long strokes while rotating the fruit around.
Once you have removed all of the skin, place the pineapple back down and slice it in half, then cut each half into quarters. Use a small knife to remove the hard core from each quarter before slicing or cubing the pineapple as desired.
How to Make Brazilian Pineapple in the Air Fryer
This delectable dish will not only tantalize your taste buds but also leave you feeling satisfied. Not only is it unbelievably tasty, but it’s also loaded with nutrients such as vitamin C and dietary fiber.
If you are ready to enjoy a mouthwatering snack without breaking the calorie bank, read on to discover how to make fresh air fryer Brazilian grilled pineapple!
Step 1: Make the sweet marinade
In a small bowl, add the melted butter, mix in the brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Brush the mixture onto the pineapple with a pastry brush.
Step 2: Air fry the pineapple
Place the pineapple into the basket in a single layer, and set the temperature to 250 degrees F for 5 minutes. Then, increase the temperature to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes (air fryer setting) to get that roasted flavor.
Step 3: Serve
Sprinkle your air fryer Brazil pineapple with ground cinnamon or chili powder, or add a drizzle of maple syrup.
Pro Tips for Making Grilled Brazilian Pineapple
- Grab your pastry brush and slather on the butter and honey. I brushed it on several times during the cooking process.
- For best results, spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray before adding your pineapple to the air fryer basket.
- This recipe will also work with canned pineapple, so this is a great budget-friendly snack or dessert for the entire family.
- Serve with a dish of family ice cream for a real treat.
What Are Some Benefits of Eating Pineapple?
Grilled Brazilian pineapple provides a healthy and delicious snack. Not only are they easy to make, but they also contain no added sugar or preservatives. Plus, the natural sweetness from the pineapple makes them irresistible!
With its subtle sweetness, crunchy texture, and tropical flavor, it’s easy to see why this Brazil pineapple recipe is a favorite treat. Pineapples are also full of essential nutrients like vitamins C, B6, and magnesium that help keep your body healthy.
So, why not whip up a batch of air fried pineapple today? You’ll love the balance of sweet and savory flavors that come with each bite. Enjoy!
In addition to being nutritious, these air fryer pineapple slices are also extremely versatile. You can use them as a topping for yogurt or ice cream or add them to smoothies or salads for a tropical twist. They’re also great in recipes like pancakes and oatmeal.
Try dipping them in melted chocolate or making your own pineapple salsa with diced tomatoes and jalapenos for a sweet treat. The possibilities are endless!
Can You Air Fry Fruit?
Yes, you can air fry fruit! While not all fruits are suitable for air frying, some of the most popular varieties work great when cooked in an air fryer. Fruits that can be successfully cooked in an air fryer include apples, peaches, pears, bananas, and avocados.
The air fryer uses hot circulating air to quickly cook these fruits and caramelize them, giving them a deliciously crispy texture. To make sure the pineapple comes out perfectly cooked, it’s important to toss slices of fruit with oil before cooking in an air fryer for optimal results. Once you get the hang of it, you can experiment with various combinations and spices!
And this is a healthy way to make an easy dessert! My favorite fruits to air fry are bananas, pineapples, apples, and mangos!
Other Ways to Dress Up This Air Fryer Fruit Recipe
- Add spices like chili powder or cayenne powder to the honey and butter mixture.
- Brush coconut milk on top of the pineapple before air frying it up.
- Serve with some vanilla ice cream or roasted coconut.
- Top with a thin layer of cream cheese for a cheesecake-flavored snack.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the rings.
What to Serve with Pineapple
This air fryer recipe goes with almost anything! My kids love eating it as a quick snack, and I love serving it alongside these meals:
- AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS
- AIR FRYER HAMBURGER
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY
- AIR FRYER FRIED HOT CHICKEN SANDWICH
- AIR FRYER SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN SALAD
- AIR FRYER GRILLED CAESAR SALAD
How To Store Leftover Air Fryer Brazilian Pineapple
This is a great make-ahead recipe and it’s so easy to store! Let the pineapple rings cool to room temperature and place them into an airtight container.
The fruit will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
More Air Fryer Fruit Recipes:
- AIR FRYER BROILED BROWN SUGAR GRAPEFRUIT
- AIR FRYER SUGAR FRUIT PIZZA
- AIR FRYER FRUIT TART
- BEST AIR FRYER FRUIT RECIPES
Air Fryer Brazilian Pineapple
- 1 large pineapple, sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Use a pastry brush to brush on to the pineapple.
- I placed the tray into the air fryer and set the temperature to 250 degrees F for 5 minutes, and then to get the roasting flavor, I increased the temperature to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer