This is such an easy recipe for a special treat. Today, I gave you my version of Air Fryer Brazilian Grilled Pineapple.
If you are not familiar with Air Fryer Brazilian Grilled Pineapple, it’s a tasty and easy way to prepare pineapple; today, I made it with the air fryer’s help. It’s typically made on the grill or over an open fire.
If you love a great and easy caramelized pineapple for either a sweet dessert or a side dish, I love serving mine with a roasted ham. Whether for a Sunday dinner or Easter Sunday. This makes an impressive sweet dessert in minutes. I originally had mine at a Brazilian Steakhouse, so when I came home, you know, I had to try my hand at a replica copy. And it’s amazingly easy in the air fryer.
WHAT IS BRAZILIAN PINEAPPLE?
As the name sounds, it’s preparation technical that is found n Brazil. The pineapple originates from Brazil, so most Brazilian restaurants serve it.
It is typically prepared with brown sugar and ground cinnamon glaze, and then you can serve it with either fresh whipped cream or toasted coconut. Both are typical ways to eat it. Or, you can have it plain as a side dish.
How To Make Air Fryer Brazilian PIneapple
How you make it will really depend on how you like to eat it. I brush mine frequently with the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon mixture. This way, it gets almost slow roasted with the flavor.
If you would like to serve this with either homemade whipped cream or ice cream. That’s a really typical way to eat it.
What You Will Need To Make Air Fryer Brazilian Grilled Pineapple
- Fresh Pineapple Sliced
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
How To Cook Air Fryer Brazilian Grilled Pineapple
In a small bowl, add the melted butter, mix in the brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Brush the mixture onto the pineapple with a pastry brush.
Place the pineapple into the basket, and set the temperature to 250 degrees F for 5 minutes, and then to get the roasting flavor, I increased the temperature to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. (air fryer setting)
Some Pro Tips On Making Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple
- This is a great place to pull out your pastry brush and brush the butter and honey on. I actually brushed it on several times during the cooking process.
- For best results, spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray before adding your pineapple to the air fryer basket.
- This recipe will also work on canned pineapples, so this is a great budget-friendly snack or dessert for the entire family.
- Serve with a dish of family ice cream for a real treat.
Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple
There are so many ways that you can dress up this glaze. The most popular way to serve pineapple is what we refer to as a Brazilian Grilled Pineapple, which means that you use brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and melted butter. It would be prepared the same way you would prepare this recipe. Add the brown sugar and ground cinnamon to a bowl, mix and brush it over the pineapple.
The cooking time and directions would not change.
Other Ways to Dress Up Grilled Air Fryer Pineapple are:
- Add some spice, add a few dashes of chili powder or cayenne powder into the honey and butter mixture.
- Coconut Juice: Brush some coconut juice on top of the pineapple before air frying it up.
- Serve with some vanilla ice cream.
- Serve with some roasted coconut.
What to Serve with Grilled Pineapple:
This air fryer recipe goes with almost anything, my kids love eating it as a quick snack, and I love serving it alongside these meals:
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Hamburger
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken Sandwich
SOME PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE-
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Don’t Forget To Pin–Print
This is such an easy and fun snack or dessert. My kids loved them.
- 1 pineapple, sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Use a pastry brush to brush on to the pineapple.
- I placed the tray into the air fryer and set the temperature to 250 degrees F for 5 minutes, and then to get the roasting flavor, I increased the temperature to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Brazilian Grilled Pineapple