If you’re looking for a delicious and impressive dish to serve at your next dinner party, look no further than air fryer rack of lamb! This dish is easy to make and sure to impress your guests. Plus, the air fryer cooks it perfectly every time. Give this recipe a try today!
Air Fryer Rack of Lamb
Cooking rack of lamb may seem intimidating, but it’s a relatively simple dish. The key is to keep the cooking time short so the meat remains tender and juicy. In this post, we’ll share our favorite recipe for air fryer rack of lamb and some tips on how to cook it perfectly. Bookmark this page, and get ready to impress your guests with a delicious and sophisticated dinner!
The most common way to prepare this savory dish is in the oven. But, what if I told you that there was a healthier alternative that doesn’t require any oil or butter? Introducing, this air fryer rack of lamb recipe! It’s so easy to do and tastes fantastic. Try this dinner idea tonight — your family is going to love it!
For more air fryer dinner ideas, don’t miss my AIR FRYER LEMON GARLIC HERB SALMON, AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN THIGHS, and PEPPERS AND BRATS IN AIR FRYER recipes!
Check Out Our Latest Air Fryer Lamb Recipe & Video!
Why You’ll Love Rack of Lamb in Air Fryer
- Perfect for dinner parties
- Easy to make
- Cleanup is so simple
- Savory and delicious
- Flavorful and satisfying
Ingredients Needed For This Air Fryer Rack of Lamb Recipe
Remember the detailed instructions and step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card.
- Rack of Lamb: You can use grass-fed lamb, domestic, or Australian.
- Oil: Grapeseed Oil, avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil.
- Instant Coffee Grounds
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Seasonings and Spices: Parsley, Marjoram, Smoked Paprika, Coriander Seeds, Dried Thyme, Minced Garlic (or Garlic Powder), Dried Rosemary, Sea Salt, and Black Pepper
- Serve With Lemon Slices, Fresh Rosemary, Fresh Thyme, or Fresh Lemon Juice
Shopping Tips for Air Fryer Rack of Lamb
Shopping for a lamb can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. These tips will help ensure you get the perfect cut of meat for your next dinner party.
- Decide how many people you’re cooking for and what side dishes you’ll serve.
- Look for a pink or red piece of meat, which shows you that it’s freshly cut.
- Ask your butcher for trimmed racks of lamb, removing the fat cap, which will save you time in the kitchen. This trimming technique is known as “Frenched”, which means the butcher has exposed the bones.
How To Make Rack of Lamb In Air Fryer
Step One: Roast the Spices
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Cut the top off of the garlic. Place onto a small sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Wrap with the foil and cook for 20-30 minutes.
Remove three garlic cloves from the garlic and add to a food processor. Purée, then add parsley, marjoram, and ¼ cup panko and pulse for 15 seconds. Add in the remaining panko, black pepper, coffee grounds, truffle salt, rosemary, thyme, paprika, and coriander. Pulse for 10 seconds. Spread out onto a plate or medium bowl.
Step Two: Prepare and Cook the Lamb
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for five minutes.
Lay out the meat on a cutting board. Depending on what type of lamb you purchase, you should have some excess meat and a nice layer of fat on top of the lamb chops. Remove the excess fat and silver skin from the top of the lamb rack. Use a knife to score the fat side gently.
Brush the well-trimmed meat with oil. Dip it into the breadcrumbs on all sides. Place lamb fat side up into the air fryer basket. Cook to the desired doneness according to the cook times below.
Tips for Cooking Rack of Lamb
- What Side: The fat side of the lamb (or bone side) is facing upwards, and as it “air-fries” or bakes, the fat drips down and covers the meat, making it tender.
- Resting: Allow the air fryer rack of lamb recipe to rest on the counter for about 5 to 10 minutes, which allows the juice to settle in the middle of the meat. I always cover mine with foil so the meat doesn’t get cold while resting.
- Watch Your Lamb: Lamb cooks fast, especially when using the air fryer, so remember to watch it.
- Oil: Avoid using vegetable oil, which will cause it to smoke.
- Trimming: You might have to cut the meat to make it fit. I had to remove the last chop so the entire roast would fit in my air fryer. That would be dependent upon the type of air fryer you own.
Rack of Lamb Internal Temperatures
Always use a meat thermometer when cooking rack of lamb in the air fryer. The USDA recommends cooking lamb to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, or 63 degrees C.
The internal temperature of the meat should be:
- Rare: 120-130 degrees F (10-12 mins)
- Medium Rare: 130-140 degrees F (13-17 mins)
- Medium/Medium Well: 141-145 degrees F (18-22 mins)
Remember to use a meat thermometer and check the thickest part of the meat.
There’s something special about hosting a dinner party and serving a rack of lamb recipe as the main course. Perhaps the occasion senses that it lends to the meal, or maybe it’s simply because lamb is such delicious and succulent meat.
Some great sides include:
- A simple garden salad
- AIR FRYER ROASTED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER FROZEN GREEN BEANS
- AIR FRYER BAKED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER ROASTED VEGETABLES
- AIR FRYER SWEET POTATOES WITH SAGE BROWN BUTTER
What is Rack of Lamb?
A rack of lamb is a cut of meat from the lamb’s back. It is usually roasted and can be cooked in a variety of ways. Racks are often served as an entree but can also be used in appetizers or small plates. The rack is a tender, juicy cut of meat that will please any palate.
And, of course, your air fryer is the perfect place to make this delicious entree!
Can You Roast Lamb in An Air Fryer?
Yes, you absolutely can! When you roast in an air fryer, the meat will develop a delicious outer crust. The inside stays moist and delicious, just like when you roast in an oven. Cooking rack of lamb in the air fryer is a great way to save on time!
What To Do With Leftovers?
If you have any leftovers, you can use the meat to make GYROS, leftover lamb casserole, lamb ragu with pasta, or even SHEPHERD’S PIE.
Sauce Options for This Rack of Lamb Recipe
While you can definitely enjoy this dish as is, you may want to pair it with a side sauce for dipping. Here are some fun options:
- Mint jelly or mint sauce
- Chimichurri sauce
- Dill dipping sauce
- Greek Tzatziki
- Herb oil mixture
- Or simply serve with fresh garlic and your favorite herbs!
How to Store
If you have leftovers, let them cool to room temperature and place them in an airtight container. They will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER PRIME RIB
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED MEATLOAF
- EASY AIR FRYER PERUVIAN LOMO SALTADO
- AIR FRYER PEPPERONI BASIL TOMATO PUFFS
- AIR FRYER LAMB CHOPS
The best way to cook a rack of lamb is in an air fryer. An air fryer will give the lamb a crispy outer crust and a juicy, pink center. Follow these simple steps to make an air fryer rack of lamb.
- 1 rack of lamb
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coffee grounds
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 head garlic
- 1 cup panko
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Cut the top off of the garlic. Place onto a small sheet of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Wrap with the foil and cook for 25 minutes.
Remove three cloves from the garlic and add to a food processor. Purée, then add parsley, marjoram, and ¼ cup panko. Pulse for 15 seconds. Add in remaining panko, Black pepper, coffee grounds, truffle salt, rosemary, thyme, paprika, and coriander. Pulse for 10 seconds. Spread out onto a plate.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, for five minutes.
Remove the silver skin from the bone side of the rack of lamb. Use a knife to gently score the fat side.
Brush lamb with grapeseed oil. Dip the rack of lamb into the breadcrumbs on all sides.
Place lamb fat side up into the air fryer basket. Cook to desired doneness according to cooking times below.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply