The Best Air Fryer Lamb Chops — Lamb chops are one of the best and easiest meals you can make in your air fryer.
Since I started air frying in 2017, I have made hundreds of lamb chops! I love a great and easy recipe, and this one might be my favorite.
Lamb chops like chicken really require just a few spices to make a tender and easy dinner or lunch. The air fryer does an amazing job at perfectly searing the lamb, locking in the flavor.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Lamb Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER, LEMON AND ROSEMARY LAMB CHOPS, AIR FRYER, GARLIC AND ROSEMARY LAMB CHOPS and AIR FRYER, HERB RACK OF LAMB (CLASSIC).
Like most other chops, Lamb Chops come from the rack of lamb, which is the back of the lamb and attached to the ribs, making for tender meat.
While they are the most expensive part of the lamb, Lamb chops are very tender and actually cook up easily and do really well in the air fryer, grill, or barbecue.
Ingredients Needed To Make The Best Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Lamb Chops
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh Rosemary
How To Make The Best Air Fryer Lamb Chops
Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. If you do not have a preheat button, just run your air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. Line air fryer basket with parchment paper insert. Add seasonings to a small bowl and combine. Combine oil and garlic in a separate bowl.
Rub lamb chops with olive oil and garlic, then rub with seasoning mixture until well-coated on both sides. Place lamb chops in the air fryer basket with at least 2 inches between each one.
Cook in the air fryer for 15 minutes, flipping once. (or until a minimum internal temp of 135°F is reached) Allow chops to rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.
Some Pro Tips For The Perfect Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Purchase lamb chops about the same size, so they all air fry up at about the same time.
- For best results, use a meat thermometer to ensure that the meat is perfectly done, not overcooked or underdone.
- Allow your meat to rest for about 30 minutes before air frying; this will let the meat cook more evenly.
- Let the lamb chops rest for about 5 to 10 minutes after air frying.
What spices go best with lamb?
While, I used simple garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper marinade. You can really use a variety of spices. Some of my favorites that go with lamb are:
- Ground Cumin
How long should you marinate lamb?
Marinating lamb is a simple process. If you want to add a simple marinade, I recommend marinating lamb chops for about 4 to 5 hours.
I would not recommend marinating lamb chops overnight, as sometimes the acid in the lamb chops breaks down the meat in the lamb, causing it to be a tough cut of meat.
Can you use dried rosemary instead fresh on lamb?
Yes, although for the best flavor, I would really try to use fresh rosemary. You will notice that fresh rosemary gives a better fresh flavor to the lamb chops.
Can I cook chops in an air fryer?
Absolutely, you can cook any raw meat in the air fryer. I love a great and easy chop dinner. The air fryer does an amazing job of cooking them up.
Why are my lamb chops tough?
The reason that lamb chops become tough is usually the part of the lamb chops you purchased. Shoulder Chops tender to be toucher than loin lamb chops.
So, check your package carefully, and check to make sure what type of lamb chops you are actually purchasing.
Can you cook frozen lamb chops in an air fryer?
Cooking frozen lamb chops in the air fryer is very easy. All you need to do is set the temperature to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting.
How do you know if lamb chops are done?
- 135 degree F, for Medium Rare
- 150 degrees F, For Medium
- 160 degrees F, for Well Done
What do you serve with them?
These can be served with a variety of items, Lamb Chops go well with a lot of foods, my favorites are:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Salted Potatoes
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Loaded Ninja Foodi Potatoes
Don’t Forget To Pin–
- 1 pound lamb chops (about 6 chops total), thawed or fresh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon flake salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground peppercorns
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Line air fryer basket with parchment paper insert.
- Add seasonings to a small bowl and combine.
- Combine oil and garlic in a separate bowl.
- Rub lamb chops with olive oil and garlic, then rub with seasoning mixture, until well-coated on both sides.
- Place lamb chops in the air fryer basket with at least 2 inches between each one.
- Cook in the air fryer for 15 minutes, flipping once. (or until a minimum internal temp of 135°F is reached)
- Allow chops to rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 22g