Blackstone Crab Cakes are truly amazing! They are light, they are flaky and they are crispy, and they cooked up in no time.
If you are looking for a simpe and delcoisu meal, made on your Blackstone Griddle and Air Fryer Combo, this is one of my favorites.
If you have never made homemade crab cakes before, they are SO much better than premade or store-bought. So, if you are a fan of my Air Fryer Salmon Patties or Air Fryer Tuna Patties, you will absolutely love these. They are fabulous.
If you are new to using your Blackstone Griddle Air Fryer Combo, some great and easy recipes are BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE RECIPE SHRIMP, BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK, BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SMASH BURGERS and BLACKSTONE LOADED GRILLED NACHOS.
Ingredients Needed For Blackstone Crab Cakes
- Crab Meat
- Green Onions
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon juice
- Bread Crumbs
How To Make Blackstone Crab Cakes
In a large bowl, mix the crab meat, green onions, mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, and bread crumbs.
Form the crab cake mixture into crab cakes, and then place them into the refrigerator for about an hour. Preheat your Blackstone Griddle on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Then add some vegetable oil to the griddle and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
The Best Crabs for Crab Cakes
While you can use various crab meat for this recipe, the most common crab meat that you will use for this recipe is either canned or jarred crabmeat. Although you can find it in some grocery stores selling fresh crab meat.
- Lump Crab Meat
- Leg Crab Meat
- Special Crab Meat
- Claw Crab Meat
- Crab Cocktail Claws
Can I Use Canned Crab Meat?
Yes, I used canned crab meat I purchased at Trader Joe’s. It’s a great tool for saving time. Especially if you can find a great package of lump crab. I like using lump crab meat because finding that you get a better crab cake with lump crab rather than claw crab meat.
Tips for Making Crab Cakes:
- Even if you use canned crab meat, make sure that you check for shells. I usually pick through the crab meat, looking for anything hard.
- Chill your crab cakes for about 30 to 50 minutes before grilling them. The patties will stay together better.
- Try to make the same size crab cakes, so they all cook at around the same time.
Can I Add Seasonings?
Yes, I kept it really simple with a lemon flavor, but my husband made them once, and he added some Old Bay Seasoning.
Since we live in Philadelphia, we find that we used Old Bay a lot, which comes from Baltimore, Maryland, a stone’s throw away.
The Best Dip for Crab Cakes
I usually serve this as a sandwich to my family, but you can easily eat without any bread. Some great dipping sauces are:
More Air Fryer Seafood Appetizers–
- AIR FRYER FLOUNDER FISH
- AIR FRYER FROZEN COCONUT SHRIMP
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE RECIPE SHRIMP
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT MCDONALD’S FILET-O-FISH
- AIR FRYER TUNA MELT GRILLED CHEESE
Don’t Forget To Pin–
- 8 ounces fresh lump crab
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix the crab meat, green onions, mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, and bread crumbs.
- Form the crab cake mixture into crab cakes, and then place them into the refrigerator for about an hour. Preheat your Blackstone Griddle on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Then add some vegetable oil to the griddle and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
To Make Them in the Air Fryer:
Prepare as directed and then preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for 10 minutes, flipping halfway.
Tip: Use a piece of parchment paper so the crab cakes do not stick.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 11g