Air Fryer Shrimp Cocktail is fantastic! It makes for such a great quick and easy appetizer, lunch, snack, or dinner!
This is a great recipe, and it’s so easy! I love a great shrimp dinner, and this recipe is so easy, you won’t even believe it!
Served with my homemade cocktail sauce, this will soon be one of your air fryer recipes!
There is nothing better than shrimp in the air fryer. Not only is it delicious, but it’s so fast and straightforward! This is an excellent air-fried shrimp cocktail recipe, and it’s a beautiful appetizer for one of your summer parties!
If you have not made shrimp in the air fryer, it is a game-changer. It’s delicious, healthy, and so good! This recipe is also KETO, low-carb, and Weight Watcher Friendly Recipe so that everyone can enjoy them!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Shrimp Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER OLD BAY SHRIMP, AIR FRYER BAKED SHRIMP SCAMPI, AIR FRYER CRISPY SHRIMP, and GARLIC PARMESAN AIR-FRIED SHRIMP RECIPE.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Shrimp Cocktail
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Cocktail Sauce
How To Make Air Fryer Shrimp Cocktail
In a large bowl, add the shrimp, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the shrimp into the air fryer basket or in the air fryer tray.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, either shake the basket or, if you are using an air fryer oven, use tongs to flip the shrimp. Add another 5 minutes to the timer.
- For best results, make sure to shake your basket several times during the cooking process.
- Make sure that each of the shrimps are coated with some olive oil, this way the shrimp cooks up.
- If you want to add some other spices, some great ones to add are some minced garlic, horseradish sauce and hot sauce.
- This recipe will work in any Air Fryer Basket or Oven model, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid and Mealthy.
This is a great recipe that you can make ahead, both the shrimp and the sauce, can be made ahead of time. The cocktail sauce will get better as it marinates in the refrigerator.
For the shrimp, you can reheat or serve it cold, both ways are fine.
Storage For Air Fryer Shrimp Cocktail:
This is a great recipe, that you can make ahead of time, the shrimp will keep for about 2 days in the refrigerator.
You can either reheat in the air fryer or microwave, before serving, and of course you can serve this cold.
What Goes With Shrimp Cocktail?
A great side dish for this recipe would be either a side of new potatoes, baked potatoes or even mashed potatoes.
Shrimp cocktail is often served as part of a seafood meal, including calamari, scallops, or even as part of a sauce for a nice steak dinner.
What’s the Best Shrimp for a Shrimp Cocktail?
You can use any shrimp that you have on hand for this recipe. I usually use either jumbo or colossal shrimp, since it is customary to use your hands to pick up the shrimp and dip it in the cocktail sauce.
I find that you should use larger shrimp, especially if you are going to be serving it to guests.
How to Thaw Frozen Shrimp
If you only have frozen shrimp on hand, it will be perfect, although I do recommend that you thaw it before cookign it in the air fyer.
To do this, there are two methods, you an either remove it and place it into the refrigetoar ovenright. Or you can add it to a bowl of cold water, and keep on changing out the water, until the shrimp is fully thwed.
Is Cocktail Shrimp Already Cooked?
Traditionally shrimp cocktail is served with cooked shrimp, which is usually boiled.
Today, I used the air fryer to cook up a batch of perfectly seasoned and cooked shrimp, which is perfect for a traditional shrimp cocktail.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Seafood Recipes:
- LEMON DILL AIR FRYER SALMON
- AIR FRYER LEMON CRAB CAKES
- AIR FRYER SALMON WITH WHOLE-GRAIN MUSTARD
- GARLIC PARMESAN AIR-FRIED SHRIMP RECIPE
- AIR FRYER MAPLE GLAZED SALMON
- AIR FRYER COD WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE
- EASY AIR FRYER GARLIC LEMON BUTTER SCALLOPS
- AIR FRYER TUNA MELT GRILLED CHEESE
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE FISH STICKS RECIPE
- 1 pound raw shrimp (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Shrimp Cocktail Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, add the shrimp, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the shrimp into the air fryer basket or in the air fryer tray.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, either shake the basket or, if you are using an air fryer oven, use tongs to flip the shrimp. Add another 5 minutes to the timer.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Homemade Cocktail Sauce: Mix all of the ingredients into a small bowl, and refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 1733mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 16g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.