Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp is amazing! You get a great and yummy flavor, and the truth is nothing cooks shrimp better than an air fryer!
Next time you have a craving for shrimp, try this recipe. It’s gently seasoned with lemon and pepper, and there is no breading, with is a great and healthy lunch or dinner. Serve with a side salad or a side of pasta for a quick and easy complete meal.
As most of you have been following me for a while, my oldest son loves shrimp. And I love making a quick and healthy seafood meal for my family. Nothing cooks shrimp better than the air fryer, nothing.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Seafood Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER FLOUNDER FISH, AIR FRYER FISH & CHIPS, and my personal favorite for a quick lunch, AIR FRYER TUNA MELT GRILLED CHEESE.
Why You Will Love Making Lemon Pepper Shrimp Air Fryer
Making lemon pepper shrimp in an air fryer offers many benefits that make you love this cooking method. Here are a few reasons why:
- Quick and convenient: The air fryer cooks food rapidly, meaning you can have delicious lemon pepper shrimp on your plate in a matter of minutes. It eliminates the need for preheating and provides consistent and efficient cooking.
- Healthier option: Air frying requires minimal oil compared to traditional frying methods. It allows you to enjoy crispy shrimp with fewer calories and less unhealthy fats. You can achieve the same crispy texture without the excess grease.
- Retains flavor and moisture: The hot circulating air in the air fryer helps seal the shrimp’s juices, resulting in tender and succulent lemon pepper shrimp. The seasoning flavors penetrate the shrimp, creating a delicious and flavorful dish.
- Versatile seasoning options: Lemon pepper seasoning pairs perfectly with shrimp, creating a zesty and tangy flavor profile. You can easily customize the seasoning according to your taste preferences by adjusting the amount of lemon zest, black pepper, and other seasonings.
- Easy cleanup: Air fryers are known for their easy cleanup process. They typically have non-stick cooking surfaces, and since no deep-frying is involved, you won’t have to deal with splattered oil or a greasy mess. Simply wash the removable parts or wipe down the interior with ease.
- Crispy texture: The air fryer’s circulating hot air creates a crispy exterior on the shrimp, giving you a satisfying crunch without excessive oil. You can achieve a delightful combination of crispy and juicy shrimp.
- Minimal odor: Unlike traditional stovetop frying, using an air fryer minimizes the strong smells associated with frying. This means you can enjoy the aroma and flavors of the lemon pepper shrimp without lingering odors in your kitchen.
With these advantages, making lemon pepper shrimp in an air fryer is a delicious, healthier, and more convenient cooking option. It’s a versatile dish that can be served as an appetizer, main course, or even added to salads or pasta dishes.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp
If you’re looking for an easy-to-make dish that packs a big flavor punch, Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp is the perfect option. This delicious meal features succulent shrimp cooked in a flavorful combination of lemon and pepper. With just a few ingredients and minimal effort, this dish can easily become your go-to dinner any night of the week.
Not only is it quick to make, but its healthy ingredients ensure it won’t blow out your diet plan either! Keep reading to discover all the ingredients you’ll need to whip up some delicious Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp tonight!
A full printable version of this recipe with exact ingredient measurements is available in a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Shrimp: Use fresh shrimp or frozen shrimp
- Olive Oil: Great with thee neutral taste and flavor.
- Seasonings and Spices: Fresh Lemon, Ground Black Peppercorns, Parsley, and Garlic Powder
- Optional: Butter for Dipping
How To Cook Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp
Are you looking to make a quick and delicious dinner? Look no further! With an air fryer, it’s easier than ever to whip up an incredible seafood dish. This health-conscious version of Lemon Pepper Shrimp will surely be a hit with the whole family – best of all; it requires minimal effort and time.
Below, I will teach you how to cook Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp that can easily be served as either an entrée or appetizer. Get ready for mouth-watering results in just minutes!
Step One: Prepare The Shrimp
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and prepare the basket with a parchment paper liner—juice and zest lemon (2 tablespoons juice, one teaspoon zest).
Add olive oil and shrimp to a bowl and toss until well coated. Add the lemon zest, ground pepper, parsley, and garlic powder to the shrimp and toss until well coated. Drizzle lemon juice over the shrimp.
Step Two: Air Fry Lemon Pepper Shrimp
Place shrimp in the basket, making sure shrimp do not overlap, then spray with olive oil. Set cook time for 7-8 minutes or until pink.
Step Three: Serving
Remove from the basket and serve with melted butter.
Pro Tips For Cooking Lemon Pepper Shrimp Air Fryer
Cooking lemon pepper shrimp in an air fryer can be a delightful experience. To help you achieve the best results, here are some pro tips to keep in mind:
- Use large shrimp: Opt for large or jumbo shrimp when cooking in the air fryer. They are less likely to overcook and will retain their juicy texture.
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheating the air fryer for a few minutes before cooking ensures that the shrimp cooks evenly and develops a crispy exterior.
- Pat dry the shrimp: Before seasoning the shrimp, make sure to pat them dry with a paper towel. This removes excess moisture, allowing the seasoning to adhere better and enhancing the shrimp’s texture.
- Season generously: Lemon pepper seasoning works best when generously applied to the shrimp. Coat the shrimp thoroughly, ensuring that every piece is seasoned for a burst of flavor.
- Add lemon zest: Enhance the lemony flavor by adding fresh lemon zest to the seasoning. The zest adds bright citrus notes and complements the pepper.
- Lightly coat with oil: While the air fryer requires less oil, lightly coating the shrimp with a small amount of oil will help achieve a crispy texture. Use a brush or spritzer to distribute the oil over the shrimp evenly.
- Arrange in a single layer: Place the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket or tray. This ensures that they cook evenly and develop a consistent crispiness.
- Shake or flip halfway through cooking: For even cooking, shake the air fryer basket or flip the shrimp halfway through the cooking time. This helps the shrimp cook evenly on both sides.
- Keep an eye on the cooking time: Shrimp cook quickly, so monitoring the cooking process is essential. Air fryer cooking times can vary, but as a general guideline, shrimp usually cook in 8-10 minutes at 400°F (200°C). Adjust the cooking time as needed based on the size of the shrimp and the specific model of your air fryer.
- Serve immediately: Once cooked, remove the lemon pepper shrimp from the air fryer and serve immediately. This ensures they retain their crispy texture and remain flavorful.
By following these pro tips, you can create delicious and perfectly seasoned lemon pepper shrimp in your air fryer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen shrimp for making lemon pepper shrimp in the air fryer?
It’s best to use thawed shrimp for cooking in the air fryer. Thaw the frozen shrimp in the refrigerator overnight or under cold running water before using them in the air fryer. This ensures even cooking and prevents the shrimp from becoming overcooked or rubbery.
When making lemon pepper shrimp, what temperature should I set the air fryer to?
The common temperature for cooking shrimp in the air fryer is around 400°F (200°C). However, it’s always a good idea to consult the specific instructions for your air fryer model or refer to the recipe you’re following for the recommended temperature.
How long does it take to cook lemon pepper shrimp in the air fryer?
Cooking times can vary depending on the size and thickness of the shrimp, as well as the specific air fryer model being used. As a general guideline, shrimp typically cook in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes at 400°F (200°C). However, monitoring the shrimp closely and adjusting the cooking time as needed is essential to prevent overcooking.
Do I need to flip the shrimp while cooking in the air fryer?
Flipping the shrimp halfway through the cooking process is recommended to ensure even browning and crispiness. It allows both sides of the shrimp to cook evenly. If your air fryer doesn’t have a specific flipping mechanism, you can manually flip the shrimp using tongs or a spatula.
Can I add other seasonings or spices to the lemon pepper shrimp?
Absolutely! While lemon pepper seasoning is the primary flavor profile for lemon pepper shrimp, you can certainly add additional spices or herbs to suit your taste preferences. Add a pinch of garlic powder, paprika, or cayenne pepper for an extra kick. Experiment with different seasonings to create your own unique flavor combination.
Can I make a larger batch of lemon pepper shrimp in the air fryer?
The capacity of your air fryer will determine the batch size you can cook at once. It’s important not to overcrowd the air fryer basket or tray, as this can hinder proper air circulation and result in uneven cooking. For larger batches, cook the shrimp in multiple batches to ensure optimal results.
What is the difference between prawns and shrimp?
Prawns and shrimp are two pretty similar items. Prawns will have longer legs than shrimp. Both are similar in flavor, but you will find they offer a little bit of a different flavor.
What kind of shrimp can I air fry?
You can use any shrimp that you have on hand. The size of the shrimp does not matter much, as the cooking time will only change by a minute or two.
If you want to use frozen shrimp, make sure it’s peeled and deveined. The shrimp can have the tail on or removed; it’s a personal preference.
What tastes good with shrimp?
The shrimp is so delicious. With this garlic lemon flavor, I suggest pairing it with some rice, cauliflower rice, etc. Go right ahead and try out whatever sounds best. You could also serve up with some fries, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, etc. Feel free to try out whatever you want to go with the shrimp.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP
- NINJA FOODI SHRIMP RISOTTO
- AIR FRYER BREADED SHRIMP
- INSTANT POT SHRIMP SCAMPI
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp
- 12 ounces shrimp, uncooked medium shrimp, thawed, peeled, and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon Ground black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh curly parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, For dipping, melted
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and prepare the basket with a parchment paper liner.
- Juice and zest lemon (2 tablespoons juice, 1 teaspoon zest).
- Add olive oil and shrimp to a bowl and toss until well coated.
- Add the lemon zest, ground pepper, parsley, and garlic powder to the shrimp and toss until well coated.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the shrimp.
- Place shrimp in the basket, making sure shrimp do not overlap, then spray with olive oil.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes or until pink.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and serve with melted butter.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional