Kale is the current wonder food, growing up, I didn’t even know what Kale was, and my mother never brought it home. So if you are like me and are unfamiliar with kale, here are some facts,
- Kale is considered to be a superfood and one of the most nutrient-dense food on the planet earth. Did that shock you?
- It is in the cruciferous vegetable family, just like broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts.
- There are actually a lot of different types of kale, including purple, green (the most common) and the stems could be curly or straight.
- Kale is rich in antioxidants, including beta-carotene and Vitamin C.
- Kale helps reduce cholesterol.
- Kale is one of the best vitamin K sources, Vitamin K which is great for blood clotting and helping the body absorb calcium.
- Kale is known to help the body fight cancer.
- Kale is high in beta carotene, which helps a body generate Vitamin A.
- Kale has also been shown to help an individual lose weight since it’s a dense food and makes your body feel full after eating.
So, make some Kale chips they are a healthy and nutritious alternative to potato chips and they are so easy to make in your air fryer,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer (Today I made bacon in the air fryer, Omni)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
These are so easy to make, and they are so healthy, feel free to add any seasonings, ranch, salt, and pepper, etc.
- 4 cups kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by adding your kale to a large mixing bowl, mix in the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Then spread it out in your air fryer basket or air fryer tray.
- Set the tray in the oven or basket back in the holder.
- Set the temperature to 340 degrees F, for 5 minutes, after about 3 minutes either shake your basket or mix them with tongs.
- Plater, serve and enjoy!