Kale is the current wonder food, growing up, I didn’t even know what Kale was, and my mother never brought it home. So if you are like me and are unfamiliar with kale, here are some facts,
- Kale is considered to be a superfood and one of the most nutrient-dense food on the planet earth. Did that shock you?
- It is in the cruciferous vegetable family, just like broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts.
- There are actually a lot of different types of kale, including purple, green (the most common) and the stems could be curly or straight.
- Kale is rich in antioxidants, including beta-carotene and Vitamin C.
- Kale helps reduce cholesterol.
- Kale is one of the best vitamin K sources, Vitamin K which is great for blood clotting and helping the body absorb calcium.
- Kale is known to help the body fight cancer.
- Kale is high in beta carotene, which helps a body generate Vitamin A.
- Kale has also been shown to help an individual lose weight since it’s a dense food and makes your body feel full after eating.
So, make some Kale chips they are a healthy and nutritious alternative to potato chips and they are so easy to make in your air fryer,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer (Today I made bacon in the air fryer, Omni)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
These are so delicious and so healthy, my kids love them, and they are so flavorful.
- 4 cups kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Start by dicing up your kale into bite-size (a bit bigger) bites.
As you cut them up, place them in a large mixing bowl, along with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese.
Then place in the air fryer basket or on an air fryer tray, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, for 4 minutes.
Scoop to a bowl and enjoy!