Air Fryer Parmesan Kale Chips are amazing! If you are looking for the perfect recipe for Kale Chips, this is one of my favorites.
Perfectly seasoned and air-fried up! They are done within minutes, and you can season them with a variety of items. Today I went with a simple Parmesan Cheese.
If you have never made Kale Chips even in the oven, this recipe is super simple. Today, I used my Ninja Foodi to perfect a batch for a late afternoon snack.
They are light, they are airy, and they are delicious. You can serve them with any dipping sauce, and they are KETO and low-carb friendly. So, everyone can enjoy them!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Snack Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP, KETO AIR FRYER PICKLES, AIR FRYER THE BEST BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES, and AIR FRYER NAKED CHICKEN TENDERS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Parmesan Kale Chips
- Black Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
How To Prep Kale For Chips
Start by washing and drying off your Kale leaves. The key is to use a kitchen towel or paper towels to fully dry them off, which will allow them to perfectly crisp up.
How To Cut Kale For Kale Chips
Kale comes with large leaves with a huge spine in the middle. You do not typically eat the spine, as it is very bitter.
So use a sharp knife cut the leaves from the spine.
How To Make Air Fryer Parmesan Kale Chips
Start by dicing up your cleaned, and dried kale into bite-size pieces.
As you cut them up, place them in a large mixing bowl, along with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese.
hen place in the air fryer basket or on an air fryer tray, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, for 4 minutes.
- If you find that your kale chips fly around the basket, or you think they will, place a metal trivet or rack over them so they do not fly around.
- Season these with a variety of spices and seasonings.
Seasonings For Kale Chips
There are so many ways to season kale chips, you can go with anything, from a simple salt and pepper seasoning, to some other ones, including:
Are Kale Chips Healthy?
Kale chips are very healthy. They are packed with vitamins and, including high beta-carotene and Vitamin C.
Since you are not using much oil, this is a very healthy snack that the entire family will love.
How to Them From Flying Around in Air Fryer
Depending on which air fryer model you own, you may need to put something over your kale chips.
This will prevent them from blowing around. I usually add a trivet to mine, but you can also add a rack over them.
Remember, kale chips flying into the heating element will be a fire hazard, as you really don’t want anything to hit the heating element, which will cause it to burn.
How Do You Keep Them Crispy?
There is nothing worse than a batch of soggy kale chips. If you want to keep them crisp, place them into a vacuum-sealed bag.
Exposing them to the air, will cause them to wilt.
Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes
- EASY AIR FRYER FROZEN FISH STICKS
- AIR FRYER DRY-RUBBED CHICKEN WINGS
- EASY AIR FRYER GARLIC BREAD
- AIR FRYER FROZEN TAQUITOS
- AIR FRYER LEMON CRAB CAKES
- EASY AIR FRYER HARD-BOILED EGGS
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS
- 4 cups kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by dicing up your kale into bite-size (a bit bigger) bites.
- As you cut them up, place them in a large mixing bowl, along with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Then place in the air fryer basket or on an air fryer tray, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, for 4 minutes, air fryer setting
- Scoop to a bowl and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 660mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g