Are you looking for a way to reheat calamari rings in the air fryer? Well, look no further! Today, we will show you how to reheat calamari rings in the air fryer for a crispy and delicious meal!
There is nothing better than leftover calamari if you either made a batch of air fryer calamari or ordered some from your favorite Italian restaurant. Today, we will discuss reheating the tender calamari in the air fryer!
Because no one loves chewy calamari or soggy calamari!
Reheating calamari can be tricky because the squid is so delicate. It’s easy to overcook and ruin the squid’s tender texture, resulting in rubbery calamari rather than flavorful bites of seafood bliss!
Fortunately, reheating calamari is so good; whether you have squid rings or calamari tubes, the high heat from the air fryer perfectly reheats the calamari, giving you a crispy bite every time! The best thing is the texture of the calamari does not change that much when you air fry leftover calamari. No need to worry about the seafood getting rubbery; that doe snot happen when you use the air fryer.
The second time eating calamari, it might be better than the first, thanks to your air fryer!
How To Reheat Calamari In The Air Fryer
Do you love calamari (the Italian word for Squid) but hate that it always seems too cold or greasy? Or you don’t have a deep fryer? Well, air fryers have your solution! You can enjoy a delicious and crispy meal without the hassle by reheating calamari in an air fryer.
The high temperature from the air fryer perfectly cooks your favorite seafood appetizer! It is probably the best method to reheat this delicious appetizer!
While reheating calamari in an air fryer is a great way to enjoy a crispy meal, it is essential to take precautions so your food doesn’t get burnt. Ensure that the heat is evenly distributed in the air fryer, and don’t overcrowd it. Finally, enjoy your tasty meal – you won’t regret it!
Step One: Preheat Your Air Fryer
Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, then preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees f.
Step Two: Place The Calamari Rings In The Air Fryer.
After you preheated air fryer, place the cooked calamari rings in the air fryer basket in a single layer, and cook for about three minutes or until the calamari is heated. If you want to ensure crispy calamari, spray lightly with cooking spray. This will help to re-crisp the calamari. Air fry for 3-4 minutes.
Step Three: Serving
Serve with your favorite marinara sauce, cocktail sauce, or lemon wedges.
Tips For Reheating Calamria In The Air Fryer
The process for reheating calamari in the air fryer is very similar to other types of seafood.
- Start by removing the calamari from your refrigerator, and let it come to room temperature for about 3-5 minutes.
- Season the calamari lightly with salt, black pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, or Cayenne pepper for some spice, then spray the calamari with nonstick cooking spray, or brush with olive oil.
- Spacing: make sure that they aren’t touching each other.
- Timing: Whether you use an air fryer oven or air fryer basket model, the cooking time will vary, so for best results, make sure that you watch your air fryer calamari as it cooks up. Remove when the calamari is warmed through.
- Extra Crispy: If you want crisp calamari, make sure you brush with either olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
How To Store Leftover Calamari
If you have leftover cooked calamari, there are a few different ways to store it for later use. One option is to freeze it. To do this, wrap the cooked calamari in airtight plastic wrap or seal it in an airtight freezer bag and place it in the freezer. You can also refrigerate your leftover calamari by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap or storing it in an airtight container. If you refrigerate your leftover calamari, it will last up to three days.
Dipping Sauces To Serve With Calamari
Dipping sauces are a great way to add unique flavors and textures to fried calamari. The most common dipping sauce for calamari is marinara, which is also used on other fried seafood dishes. Many other options are available; some of my favorite dipping sauce to serve with air fryer calamari are:
- Garlic Aioli: French garlic mayonnaise can be made with olive or vegetable oil.
- Chimichurri: Made from a combination of parsley and cilantro, along with lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, fresh oregano, and spices like cumin and paprika.
- Green goddess: A creamy sauce made from sour cream, tarragon vinegar, and mayonnaise, along with anchovy paste, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Laksa: A spicy coconut curry sauce thickened with ground nuts or bread crumbs and often contains shrimp and ginger.
- Pesto: This basil-based dipping sauce is made by crushing basil leaves together with pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
- Sriracha: A famous Thai hot sauce made from chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, and salt.
- Thai sweet chili: Made by combining red chili paste with rice vinegar and sugar for a slightly spicy and sweet dipping sauce
How To Serve Leftover Calamari
Have you ever had leftover calamari in your fridge? If so, you’re not alone! Calamari is quick and easy to prepare, but it can often be challenging to finish an entire batch of calamari in one sitting. Luckily, there are plenty of great ways to use any leftover calamari lingering in your fridge. Here are just a few of our favorite recipes!
1. Fried calamari is a classic favorite – why not turn your leftover calamari into fried calamari puffs? Simply chop up the leftover calamari, form it into small patties, and coat it in batter before frying until crispy. These fried calamari puffs make a great appetizer or snack!
2. If you’re looking for a heartier meal, try using your leftover calamari in a risotto or pasta dish. You can add the leftover calamari to just about any seafood-based dish – it pairs well with white wine and light flavors, so keep that in mind when choosing what to pair it with.
Try making a quick and easy oven-baked calzone. Simply mix the leftover calamari with the pasta sauce, add a bit of cheese, then fold it into a calzone shape and bake until golden and crispy. Delicious, simple, and easy!
4. If you’re looking for a healthy option to use your leftover calamari, you might want to consider a grilled seafood salad. Simply take the leftover calamari, along with some shrimp and scallops, and grill it all up together
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Calamari
- Easy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- AIR FRYER BABY POTATOES
- AIR FRYER MOZZARELLA BITES
- EASY AIR FRYER BAKED BEAN BACON CUPS
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA
Reheat Calamari In Air Fryer
- 1 cup calamari, room temperature
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, then preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees f.
- After you preheated air fryer, place the cooked calamari rings in the air fryer basket in a single layer, and cook for about three minutes or until the calamari is heated. If you want to ensure crispy calamari, spray lightly with cooking spray. This will help to re-crisp the calamari. Air fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce, cocktail sauce, or lemon wedges.
- Air Fryer