There is something magical about making cupcakes. Everyone loves them, so for your next Air Fryer Dessert, whip up a batch of Homemade Air Fryer Vanilla Cupcakes.
Your family will love you for it, and they are moist, delicious, and yummy. My kids can not get enough!
While I love baking in my Air Fryer, and I have hundreds of recipes on Baked Goods, everything from Muffins, Cannolis, Cookies, and so much more. I love a great and easy Air Fryer Cupcake Recipe. Today, I made a homemade vanilla batch, but I’ll show you below how to switch it out!
So if you are always looking for new Air Fryer Recipes, I usually post a few each day. As I cook, I post that I’m always sharing my adventures with you since I’m always cooking.
Some other Great and Easy Air Fryer Dessert Recipes you will want to check out our AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES, AIR FRYER BLONDIE BROWNIE CHEESECAKE SUNDAE, AIR FRYER COPYCAT DOUBLETREE COOKIES, and AIR FRYER CARROT CAKE LOAF.
Ingredients For Vanilla Cupcakes
This is a really simple and delicious recipe. All you need is:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Cupcakes
In one bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and pure vanilla extract. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, mix until well blended. Then slowly pour the flour mixture into the bowl. Slowly pour in the buttermilk. Mix well.
Prepare your cupcake pan. Either uses paper liners or spray them with cooking spray. Fill the cupcakes pan, filling about 2/3 the way full.
Air Fry at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 12 to 15 minutes. Or until you insert a toothpick in the center of the cupcakes and it comes out clean.
Let cool slightly before icing and decorating.
Some Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Cupcakes
- For best results, use room temperature ingredients. I find that they blend better into the other ingredients.
- Slowly add the eggs, and mix after each egg.
- Only fill the cupcake liner only 2/3 the way full, otherize you will get cupcake batter all over your air fryer.
- Make sure to measure the flour correctly.
Can you use cupcake liners in an air fryer?
If you use silicone liners, make sure that they’re sturdy in the basket and do not fall over. Air Fyr at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for about 10 to 14 minutes. The exact time will depend on what air fryer you are using and how much cupcake filling you have added.
Can you bake cakes in an air fryer?
Yes, I have been making cakes since as far as 2017, when I made my first boxed cake. I loved it; it was moist, tender, and absolutely delicious.
You can find that recipe here! The key to baking in the Air Fryer I have found is low and slow. Also, use a thinner pan. I find that thick pans do not cook the middle of the cakes and thinner pans.
How to Decorate Cupcakes
There are so many ways to decorate a cupcake. I find that some of the simple ways are the best. If you want a quick frosting, you have several options:
- Whipped Cream
- Duncan Hines Fluffy White Frosting
- Betty Crocker Hershey Milk Chocolate Frosting
- Simple Mills Organic Chocolate Frosting
Best way to store cupcakes
If you have any cupcakes leftover, place them into an airtight container, and place them on the counter. They will last between 3 to 4 days.
If you want to extend the life of your cupcakes, place them into an airtight container and then place them into the refrigerator. They will last about 6 to 7 days.
How To Freeze Air Fryer Cupcakes
If you want to make a double batch or a batch for a future date, cupcakes freeze really well.
To freeze them, let them cool to room temperature, then place them onto a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the freezer until frozen.
Place the frozen cupcakes into a freezer-safe container, then place the container into the freezer. They will last between 1 to 2 months.
Note: Do not frost the cupcakes before freezing for best results.
Some Other Air Fryer Dessert Recipes:
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (see note)
- In one bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and pure vanilla extract. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, mix until well blended. Then slowly pour the flour mixture into the bowl. Slowly pour in the buttermilk. Mix well.
- Prepare your cupcake pan. Either use paper liners or spray them with cooking spray. Fill the cupcakes pan, filling about 2/3 the way full.
- Air Fry at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 12 to 15 minutes. Or until you insert a toothpick in the center of the cupcakes and it comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before icing and decorating.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g