If you haven’t tried air fryer s’mores yet, then you don’t know what you are missing! No need for a campfire — now you can have these delicious treats any time of the year!
There is nothing better than an easy s’more recipe that you can make inside. I love making these (even in the winter!) so the kids have a tasty fun treat! There is something so magical about making and eating Air Fryer S mores.
This also makes for a great camping hack! Pack all of your s’mores ingredients into your camper (along with your air fryer, of course) and surprise the kids!!
Day or night, and during any season, you can make your own gooey, chocolatey s mores in the air fryer in minutes.
Looking for even more special & delicious Air Fryer Baked Good Recipes? Some of my favorites are AIR FRYER LEMON PIE, AIR FRYER BLONDIE BROWNIE CHEESECAKE SUNDAE, AIR FRYER RASPBERRY LEMON DONUTS, and classic AIR FRYER BANANA BREAD.
Air Fryer S mores
Everyone loves s’mores. They are a popular summertime treat across the nation. Today, I will show you how to make smores in an air fryer — even in the winter!
Is there anything better than a roasted marshmallow with melted chocolate and a graham cracker crust? That is one of the ultimate chocolate desserts. Even my kids love making them for their friends.
The recipe for s’mores first appeared in a cookbook in the early 1920s. It was popular with both the Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts and was originally called a Graham Cracker Sandwich (according to Wikipedia). While this campfire favorite has become a summertime staple, there’s no reason you can’t make air fryer s’mores whenever a craving strikes!
Why You’ll Love S mores In Air Fryer
- Ready in minutes
- Kid-friendly treat
- Uses just 3 ingredients
- Make as many as you need
- Assemble ahead of time
Ingredients Needed To Make Air Fryer S’mores
- Graham Crackers – These are both soft and crispy, the perfect outer layer for this scrumptious treat.
- Chocolate Bars – Use your favorite, including dairy-free alternatives! If yours aren’t stamped into smaller pieces, you may want to use a sharp knife to break them apart.
- Marshmallows – Crucial for a gooey, toasted center. Grab a bag of the jumbo variety, then slice them in half.
- Aluminum Foil – You’ll need this to cook s mores in an air fryer. Wrapping the treat shut gets the center nice and melty, plus it makes cleanup so easy!
How to Make Smores in Air Fryer
Step 1: Break apart the graham crackers
Place each half side-by-side on a piece of tin foil to start assembling your air fryer s mores.
Step 2: Add the marshmallow
Slice jumbo marshmallows in half ahead of time, or simply tear them apart with your fingers. If you try to use the whole thing, it will get too puffy.
Place the cut side down on one of the graham cracker halves, then press gently to help it stick to the surface.
Step 3: Add the chocolate
On the other graham cracker, place a small piece of chocolate. It should fill just the center so it doesn’t ooze out over the edges.
Step 4: Combine
Place the half with the marshmallow on top of the half with the chocolate and gently press together.
Step 5: Cook
Wrap the foil tightly over the sandwich, without breaking it, and place the s mores in air fryer. Cook for 5-7 minutes at 390 degrees F.
Carefully remove the foil packet with tongs or an oven mitt, then unwrap to reveal your scrumptious treat! Let it cool slightly before eating. Repeat with more air fryer s mores until you’ve had your fill.
There are several different ways to jazz up your air fryer s’mores in no time! If you’re hosting friends and family, set out all the different ingredients buffet-style and let them create their own!
- Instead of a chocolate bar, try some Nutella or even a different candy bar.
- Substitute Oreos for the graham crackers.
- Make an open-faced s’more by leaving off the top graham cracker.
- Add a slice of fruit between the marshmallow and chocolate — bananas or strawberries a great options!
Storing and Reheating Air Fryer S mores
This is one treat that I DO NOT recommend trying to save for later! The textures will just get too weird.
However, you CAN assemble the ingredients into foil packets ahead of time. This is incredibly helpful when you’re packing for a camping trip or having a large group over for dessert. Because they cook up so fast, wait to air fry until just before serving.
What Type of Chocolate to Use For S’mores
You can use whichever chocolate is your favorite for this s mores air fryer recipe. I often stock up at Trader Joe’s (I love their classic Milk Chocolate Bar), but my kids love making air fryer s mores with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers, and really any chocolate candy that we have on hand!
Which Marshmallows Are Best for Indoor S’mores
I usually recommend purchasing the jumbo marshmallows for any s mores air fryer recipe and cutting them in half. Not only do they stay in place, but they spread evenly for the perfect ratio of marshmallow and chocolate in every bite!
To ensure that everything stays right where it should, I also like to wrap air fryer s’mores in foil before placing them in the basket.
Can You Bake S’mores in the Oven?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can easily pop them in the oven. Arrange the foil packets in a single layer on a baking sheet, then follow the same time and time in this s mores air fryer recipe.
You can also make s’mores over the Blackstone Air Fryer & Grill Combo, a regular grill, or anywhere you find a heating source.
What Season Do You Make S’mores?
I say, why choose just one? These air fryer s’mores are great any time, but I especially like to sneak them in for the following occasions:
- Graduation Parties
- After School Treat
- Late Night Snack
More Air Fryer Treat Recipes
- AIR FRYER SMORES COOKIE CUPS
- AIR FRYER DEEP FRIED ENTENMANN’S CHERRY PIE
- AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER CUP BROWNIES
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT CHILIS MOLTEN LAVA CAKE
- AIR FRYER APPLE CIDER DONUTS
Some Helpful Products Used In This Recipe (affiliate links included)
Don’t Forget To Pin—Print
Everyone’s favorite dessert now can be made right in the air fryer. Nothing like a homemade air fryer S’mores with oozing chocolate!
- 1/2 marshmallow
- 1/2 chocolate bar
- 1 graham cracker
- Start by breaking the ingredients in half, as shown in the pictures, above.
- Then lay down your 2 pieces of graham crackers.
- Place the 1/2 of the marshmallow on one side, and 1/2 chocolate bar on the other cracker.
- Wrap it up tightly, in foil, and set in your air fryer basket. Set the timer for 5-7 minutes at 390 degrees F, (air fryer setting)
- Unwrap and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer toasted marshmallow air fryer desserts smores in oven air fryer recipes ninja air fryer recipes