Air fryer smores are filled with gooey roasted marshmallows and melted chocolate, just like the classic treat that the whole family loves. The best part is that they can be made indoors, any time of the year, take just 5 minutes to cook, and you need only 3 simple ingredients.
While I love gathering around the fire pit and making classic s’mores over an open flame, sometimes the weather doesn’t always allow it. And frankly, I don’t always feel like doing all of the work. So I figured out that the best way to enjoy indoor s’mores was by using my trusty air fryer. This little appliance never ceases to amaze me. We’ve made molten lava cake, smores cookie cups, and blondie brownie cheesecake sundae that all turned out fantastic.
You will also love my air fryer s’mores dip. It’s very similar but we use peanut butter and chocolate chips. The top is covered in plump golden-brown marshmallows and it’s an easy way to serve more people. You can even enjoy a gooey s’mores in cookie form that are perfect for the holidays.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Recipe
Simple. These are much easier to prepare than the traditional s’mores while using minimal ingredients.
Can Be Made Ahead of Time. Because our s’mores are made in an aluminum foil packet, you can assemble them before you are ready to cook. This is perfect for camping trips and feeding a crowd.
Party friendly. Our delicious s’mores make for an easy dessert for your next birthday party. To make things even more fun, set up a smores bar and allow guests to build their sweet treat however they would like.
Servings are Easily Adjustable. I love that you can make 1 or 10 s’mores using this same recipe. So it’s great for those looking for single servings as well.
With a few simple ingredients, you can make a delicious batch of homemade s’mores thanks to your air fryer.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Marshmallows – We like using large marshmallows and slicing them in half. They stay in place and spread into the perfect ratio, so you get gooey marshmallows and melty chocolate in every bite.
- Chocolate bar – any variety will work. I love Trader Joe’s classic milk chocolate bar.
- Graham crackers – see the different ways you can change up the crackers in the variations section.
How to Make Easy Air Fryer S’mores
Below are the step-by-step directions, the full recipe card, is below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the post.
Prep. Break the graham crackers in half, along with the chocolate. Cut the jumbo marshmallows in half. Tear off enough foil so the smore will be completely wrapped.
Add the marshmallows. Lay a sliced marshmallow on top of the graham cracker half. Place the sticky side down and press gently, it stays in place better. Sit it on top of the foil.
Stack the chocolate. Place the piece of chocolate bar on top of the marshmallow.
Sandwich together. Stack the other piece of graham cracker on top of the chocolate and marshmallow.
Wrap and Cook. Wrap the foil tightly around the s’more and place it in the air fryer basket. Cook for 5-7 minutes at 390 degrees. Unwrap and enjoy!
- Be sure the wrapped smores are in a single layer in the basket so the hot air can still circulate.
- Regular marshmallows can be used, but they are a little harder to wrap while trying to keep them on the graham cracker halves. We do not recommend mini marshmallows.
- If the chocolate bars aren’t scored, you must cut them with a knife.
- We usually just put parchment paper in the bottom of the basket, but the foil makes the perfect s’mores because everything cooks nice and evenly. Plus, cleaning up is super simple.
- Crackers – Swap the regular graham cracker squares for Oreos, chocolate graham crackers, or Fudge stripe cookies.
- Type of chocolate – most use milk chocolate bars, but if you are a fan of dark chocolate, go for it! White chocolate can also be used, but it will taste much different compared to regular.
- Candy – Reese’s peanut butter cups, York Peppermint Patties, Snickers, or Ghirardelli chocolate squares are a fun twist to experiment with.
- Fruit – this delicious treat would also be amazing with bananas or strawberries.
- Spread – when the craving strikes, don’t be afraid to add a layer of peanut butter, Nutella, or cookie butter.
- Dairy Free – use dairy free chocolate, such as Lily’s.
How to Store
Homemade s’mores do not store well and are best eaten immediately. If not, the textures are just too weird and the graham cracker sandwich becomes a soggy mess.
However, you can assemble them ahead of time and store them in an airtight container until you are ready to cook.
Can You Smores in the Oven?
Absolutely! Assemble them according to the air fryer instructions. Place them in an oven-safe dish or on a baking sheet. The cooking time and temperature stay the same.
You can also make these on the Blackstone Air Fryer & Grill Combo or a regular grill.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chocolate Poke Cake
- Air Fryer Baklava
- Air Fryer Funfetti Cookie Skillet
- Air Fryer Berry S’mores Cheesecake
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer S’mores
- 6 marshmallow
- 3 chocolate bar
- 6 graham crackers
- Start by breaking the ingredients in half, as shown in the pictures, above.
- Then lay down your 2 pieces of graham crackers.
- Place the 1/2 of the marshmallow on one side, and 1/2 chocolate bar on the other cracker.
- Wrap it up tightly, in foil, and set in your air fryer basket. Set the timer for 5-7 minutes at 390 degrees F, (air fryer setting)
- Unwrap and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, or Aluminum Foil