Air Fryer Blueberry Cupcakes –Sweet and moist cupcakes with fresh blueberries and topped off with a homemade blueberry frosting. These air fryer blueberry cupcakes are made in just one bowl and take less than 10 minutes to prepare!
Air Fryer Blueberry Cupcakes are amazing! With the blueberry season almost upon us, I wanted to develop a fantastic blueberry-inspired recipe.
I love cupcakes; there is something magical about having your cupcake topped with frosting and a blueberry on top. Eveyorrn loves a bite-sized version of the cake, from grandparents to toddlers. The cupcakes are amazing.
If you have not made cupcakes or even cakes in the Air Fryer, they are so simple to make, all you need is a great muffin tin (I give you my recommendations below), and you can make a homemade batch of cupcakes in minutes!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Dessert Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER EASY FUNFETTI CAKE MIX DONUTS, AIR FRYER BLONDIE BROWNIE CHEESECAKE SUNDAE, AIR FRYER PANCAKE BATTER OREOS, and AIR FRYER CARROT CAKE LOAF.
Check Out ForkToSpoon.com’s New YouTube Channel–Subscribe Today!
Ingredients In Air Fryer Blueberry Cupcakes
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Blueberry Cupcakes
Line your baking tray with liners and keep them aside depending on what muffin pan or silicone liners you are using. Or spray them with cooking spray.
Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and keep aside.
In another bowl, whisk the butter and sugar together till it’s light and creamy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Add the flour mixture and milk in batches alternatively to the butter mixture. Add the blueberries and mix well.
Fill your liner up to 3/4 with the batter and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, or till the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Once baked, let them cool completely before topping them with frosting.
To Make The Blueberry Frosting:
In a large bowl, cream the butter for 1-2 mins till it’s light and creamy. Add the sugar in batches and keep mixing.
Then add the pureed blueberries and mix and decorate your cupcakes as you like.
Some Pro Tips For Making Cupcakes In The Air Fryer
- Room Temperature Ingredients: All the ingredients, especially the butter and the egg, should be at room temperature. This way, the more easily incorporate into the batter.
- Filling: Only fill your cupcakes about 2/3 the way full. Otherwise, they will spill over. I like using muffin tin. This way, they are properly weighted down.
- Strange Shapes: If your tops resemble ski slopes, use a lower temperature. All that means is that the fan is blowing your muffin batter.
Can I Make Air Fryer Cupcakes Ahead?
Yes, they are a tremendous baked good that does well if made beforehand, which is helpful if you serve them for a party, get-together, or BBQ.
Let them cool at room temperature, then cover with a piece of saran wrap, or place them into an airtight container. They will be suitable for about 2 to 3 days.
Cover and place them into the refrigerator if you want to make them about 4 to 5 days ahead of time.
I would recommend frosting right before you serve since frosting looks and tastes best when fresh.
Can I Use This Batter to Make a Cake?
Yes, I have made this as a cake. All you need to do is make sure you use a thin cake pan. One of the pans I have had great success with is this one which is thin enough to cook all the way through.
Remember, if you use a very thick pan, the cake, brownies, or other baked goods, will not cook all the way through. YOu will end up with an uncooked center.
How Long to Bake Air Fryer Cupcakes?
I have always believed that low and slow is how to cook baked goods in the Air Fryer. The temperature that works best with my air fryers is about 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes.
The actual time will depend on what cupcake pans you use to make your air fryer cupcakes and what air fryer you own.
What Cupcake Pans Can I Use In My Air Fryer?
While everyone seems to have a set of silicone muffin liners, I prefer to use a muffin tin since you do not run the risk of tipping over.
Some great ones available to fit most Air Fryer Basket Models: (affiliate links included)
2Pcs Muffin Pan 4 Cup Standard Size Air Fryer Small Oven Cupcake Baking Pan Non-Stick Carbon Stainless Steel By HYTK
Muffin Pan,4 Cup Non-Stick Carbon Steel Cupcake Pan/ Bakeware/Non-Stick Muffin Tin/Cupcake Cup Easy to Clean， Carbon Steel Muffin Tray Standard Baking Mold
Some Other Great Air Fryer Desserts-
- AIR FRYER LEMON PIE
- AIR FRYER DESSERT NACHOS
- EASY AIR FRYER BLONDIE BROWNIE CHEESECAKE SUNDAE
- AIR FRYER BANANA CARAMEL PIE
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT HOSTESS CUPCAKES
Air Fryer Blueberry Cupcakes
Air Fryer Blueberry Cupcakes are amazing! With the blueberry season almost upon us, I wanted to come up with a great blueberry-inspired recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons of pureed blueberries
- Line your baking tray with liners and keep them aside depending on what muffin pan or silicone liners you are using. Or spray them with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt and keep aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the butter and sugar together till it's light and creamy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Add the flour mixture and milk in batches alternatively to the butter mixture. Add the blueberries and mix well.
- Fill your liner up to 3/4 with the batter and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, or till the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Once baked, let them cool completely before topping them with frosting.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter for 1-2 mins till it's light and creamy. Add the sugar in batches and keep mixing.
- Then add the pureed blueberries and mix and decorate your cupcakes as you like.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
For pureed blueberries, blend them in the blender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Leave a Reply