Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie Squares are one of the best Air Fryer Fall Desserts! Made with a traditional pumpkin pie filling. This is served up with a great dollop of cream cheese frosting, making for an amazing dessert!
If you love the taste of a homemade classic pumpkin pie, you will love these Pumpkin Pie Squares. Made with a buttery crust, these are so simple to make and they are a tasty treat!
Once September comes, I am all about pumpkins and apples. And I truly love the aroma of ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice and pumpkin filling my kitchen air. It’s so comforting.
Pair this simple Air Fryer Dessert with a hot cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte Coffee, and you have a great dessert, to sit in the kitchen or on the back patio, with the family with, enjoying stories of their school and work days!
If you are looking for some other really Easy Air Fryer Pie Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CARAMEL APPLE HAND PIES, AIR FRYER MINI CHERRY PIE, AIR FRYER CHERRY CRUMB PIE, and AIR FRYER LEMON PIE.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie Squares
- Vegetable Oil
- Granulated Sugar
- Pumpkin Puree
- All-Purpose Flour
- Ground Cinnamon, Cloves, Nutmeg, and Ginger
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie Squares
Start by creaming together the eggs, vegetable oil and white sugar. I find if I do this step, I get a fluffier cake. Mix in the pumpkin puree.
Then mix in the flour, and spices, baking powder and baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Make sure to scrape the sides, after you mix. Spray your air fryer safe pan with either olive oil spray or non-stick cooking spray.
Pour your batter into the prepared pan, and then place it into the air fryer. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, check with a toothpick (place it in the middle of the cake and see if it comes out clean) if not add another 2 minutes (Mine took 14 minutes, using the Omni)
This is the back of mine, see how it’s fully cooked (it’s one of the most popular questions, so now I show everyone the back)
I always let my bread cool, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, I made the icing, mix together in a large mixing bowl, the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
Frost the Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie Squares and serve.
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING PUMPKIN PIE BARS:
- This recipe can be prepared in any Air Fryer, whether basket or oven model. I have also cooked these in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crips Lid and the Mealthy Lid. The recipe will remain the same, the cooking time will vary.
- Use pumpkin puree, rather than pumpkin pie filling, as pumpkin pie filling is sweetened and already has spices in it.
- Do not over mix, otherwise you will end up with a dense batch of pumpkin squares.
- Use a thinner pan, this way the entire cake will cook up. A thick pan will not fully cook into the center. See my recommendations below.
- Let the pumpkin pie squares cool down completely before frosting them.
- You can either serve these warm or at room temperature.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN MY PUMPKIN PIE BARS ARE DONE BAKING?
The best way to tell if any cake or pie is fully done, would be to place a toothpick into the center of the Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie Squares.
When the toothpick comes out clean, remove the pumpkin pie squares, and let cool. Otherwise continue to bake, until they are fully cooked. If you find that the top of the pumpkin pie bars are getting darker, tightly wrap a piece of foil around the pan.
HOW DO YOU STORE PUMPKIN PIE BARS?
This is a great dessert that can be prepared ahead of time. Since it has both cream cheese, and eggs, it will need to be refrigerated.
Let it cool to room temperature, and then place into an airtight container. Place the container into the refrigerator, where it will last for about 2 to 3 days.
CAN THESE PUMPKIN BARS BE FROZEN?
Yes, if you want to make them and then freeze, hold off on the cream cheese frosting, and frost them right before serving.
I would let them cool to room temperature, and then cut them into squares or bars. Then wrap with saran wrap, and then place them into a freezer bag. They will last for botu 2 to 3 months.
For best results, let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
WHAT IS THE BEST PAN TO USE IN THE AIR FRYER FOR BAKING A CAKE?
While, you may have a great pan in your cabinets or pantry, they are usually too thick for an air fryer. One of the most common problems people have when baking a cake, brownies or pies in the Air Fryer is that the center isn’t fully cooked.
This is because the pan is too thick. For best results, use a thinner pan, some of my favorites are: (affiliate link below)
More Air Fryer Pumpkin Recipes:
- INSTANT POT CURRIED PUMPKIN SOUP
- AIR FRYER GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN BANANA NUT BREAD
- AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES
- EASY AIR FRYER MUG PUMPKIN COFFEE CAKE
- AIR FRYER MINI PUMPKIN PIES
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST
- EASY AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PUMPKIN CAKE
Pumpkin Pie Bars:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Start by creaming together the eggs, vegetable oil and white sugar. I find if I do this step, I get a fluffier cake.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree.
- Then mix in the flour, and spices, baking powder and baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Make sure to scrape the sides, after you mix.
- Spray your air fryer safe pan with either olive oil spray or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour your batter into the prepared pan, and then place it into the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, check with a toothpick (place it in the middle of the cake and see if it comes out clean) if not add another 2 minutes (Mine took 14 minutes, using the Omni)
- I always let my bread cool, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, I made the icing, mix together in a large mixing bowl, the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Frost the pumpkin pie squares.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1001Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 476mgCarbohydrates: 131gFiber: 3gSugar: 103gProtein: 9g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.