Are you looking for a deliciously cozy, holiday-inspired dessert? Consider this air fryer pumpkin cake recipe!
This delectable sweet treat is easy to make and has all the flavors of Fall: moist, spiced pumpkin cake lifted with mild sweetness and covered in a light cream cheese frosting.
The Best Air Fryer Pumpkin Cake
If you’re looking for a tasty fall dessert that’s easy to make and doesn’t require an oven, look no further than this air fryer pumpkin cake. This cake will surely become a family favorite with the perfect blend of warm spices and moist pumpkin puree. Not only is it delicious, but it cooks up in a fraction of the time than using a traditional oven.
Try this recipe and enjoy the best air fryer pumpkin cake ever!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pumpkin Cake
Nothing says autumn like the smell of warm pumpkin cake wafting through your home. Baking an easy fall dessert just got easier with an air fryer! With its advanced technology, you can make a moist and flavorful pumpkin cake without all the hassle.
Below are the simple ingredients needed to make this simple yet scrumptious delicacy. You’ll soon find out why an air fryer is one of the most versatile appliances in your kitchen and how it makes baking pumpkin cakes especially convenient.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour, and whole wheat flour, for a healthier cake
- Granulated: You can also use a sugar substitute, white granulated or light brown sugar.
- Eggs: Use large, room-temperature eggs
- Canned Pumpkin: Canned Pumpkin Puree or pure pumpkin, do not use pumpkin pie filling, as your pumpkin cake will become too sweet.
- Oil: use vegetable oil or canola oil
- Seasonings and Spices: Baking powder, ground cinnamon, baking powder, kosher salt, pumpkin pie spice (or pumpkin spice), ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and some molasses.
How To Cook Pumpkin Cake In Air Fryer
Are you ready to try a new baking method that will satisfy your craving for something sweet? Are you tired of turning on the oven and waiting for cakes to be done?
Enjoy the convenience and quickness of air frying with this delicious pumpkin cake recipe! You only need a few basic ingredients, an air-fryer, and some time. With simple instructions, everyone can bake up mouthwatering results, for pumpkin season, in no time.
Step One: Prepare Pumpkin Cake Batter
Add the dry ingredients: Flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin spice, salt, ginger, and ground nutmeg in a medium bowl. Slowly fold in the wet ingredients, mix in the canned pumpkin, oil, eggs, and molasses, and mix well.
Step Two: Air Fry Pumpkin Cake
Spray a cake pan, Bundt cake pan, or loaf pan with cooking spray, then pour the pumpkin batter, filling the pan about 2/3 the way full. Set the baking pan into the air fryer basket and set the air fryer temperature to 320 degrees F for 18-20 minutes. The cooking time will depend on your air fryer pan size and the air fryer model you are using.
Before you remove the cake, make sure that the cake is fully cooked by sticking a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean or with a few crumbs. The cake is fully cooked, remove it and let it cool to room temperature before icing it.
Step Three: Prepare The Cream Cheese Frosting
Mix the room-temperature cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and milk in a large bowl. Spread the frosting on the cake right before serving.
Pro Tips For Cooking A Pumpkin Cake In Air Fryer
Here are some pro tips to help you cook the best air fryer pumpkin cake:
- Use a cake pan that fits your air fryer: It’s essential to use a cake pan that fits inside your air fryer to ensure even cooking. A 7-inch cake pan is typically a good size for most air fryers. Other options are bundt cakes, loaf pans, or even muffin tins.
- Grease the cake pan: To prevent the cake from sticking, make sure to grease the pan well with cooking spray and brush it with olive oil or melted butter.
- Use the right temperature and cooking time: The ideal temperature for cooking a pumpkin cake in an air fryer is around 320°F. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of your cake pan, but generally, it takes around 20-25 minutes to cook a 7-inch cake.
- Check the cake halfway through cooking: Open the air fryer halfway through cooking to check the cake’s progress. If the top of the cake is browning too quickly, cover it loosely with foil to prevent it from burning.
- Let the cake cool before serving: After removing the cake from the air fryer, let it cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. This helps to ensure the cake sets and prevents them from falling apart.
By following these pro tips, you can make a delicious air fryer pumpkin cake that’s sure to impress!
How To Store Leftover Pumpkin Cake
If you have leftover pumpkin cake, here’s how to store leftovers properly:
- Let the cake cool completely before storing it. This helps to prevent condensation from forming and making the cake soggy.
- Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Make sure the wrapping is airtight to prevent air from getting in.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. This will help to keep the cake fresh and moist.
- You can freeze the cake if you need to store it for longer. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. The cake can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To thaw the frozen cake, let it sit at room temperature for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Once thawed, you can enjoy the cake as usual.
By following these storage tips, you can enjoy your leftover pumpkin cake for several days or even weeks!
What Can I Use With Leftover Pumpkin Puree?
If you have leftover pumpkin puree, here are some ideas on what you can use it for:
- Pumpkin pancakes or waffles: Add pumpkin puree to your favorite pancake or waffle recipe for a delicious fall twist.
- Pumpkin smoothies: Blend pumpkin puree with your favorite smoothie ingredients, such as banana, almond milk, and cinnamon, for a nutritious and tasty drink.
- Pumpkin soup: Use pumpkin puree as a base for a warm and comforting soup. Add some spices and vegetable broth for extra flavor.
- Pumpkin pasta sauce: Mix pumpkin puree with some cream, parmesan cheese, and spices to make a creamy pasta sauce.
- Pumpkin hummus: Add pumpkin puree to your favorite hummus recipe for a seasonal twist.
- Pumpkin bread or muffins: Use pumpkin puree in your favorite bread or muffin recipe for a delicious fall treat.
- Pumpkin dip: Mix pumpkin puree with cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and spices for a tasty dip that pairs well with crackers or vegetables.
By using leftover pumpkin puree in these ways, you can avoid waste and enjoy the delicious flavor of pumpkin in a variety of dishes!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin?
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin puree instead of canned pumpkin puree. However, preparing the pumpkin may require some additional steps, such as roasting, peeling, and pureeing it.
Can I substitute ingredients in pumpkin cake recipes?
Yes, you can substitute some ingredients in pumpkin cake recipes, such as using different types of flour, sweeteners, or spices. However, it may affect the texture and flavor of the cake, so it’s best to make small changes at a time.
Can I freeze pumpkin cake?
Yes, you can freeze pumpkin cake. Let it cool completely, wrap it tightly in plastic or aluminum foil, and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How do I know when my pumpkin cake is done?
To check if your pumpkin cake is done, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is fully cooked. If there’s batter or crumbs on the toothpick, continue baking the cake for a few more minutes.
How do I prevent my pumpkin cake from being dry? To prevent your pumpkin cake from being dry, make sure not to overmix the batter and to add enough liquid ingredients, such as milk or oil. Additionally, be sure not to overbake the cake, as this can cause it to become dry.
Can I use any type of cake pan in an air fryer?
You can use most types of cake pans in an air fryer, as long as they fit inside the air fryer basket. It’s important to use a cake pan that’s appropriate for the air fryer’s temperature range, and that’s made of heat-safe materials.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Steakhouse Potatoes Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Air Fyrer Sour Cream Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Easy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Pumpkin Cake
Pumpkin Cake Ingredients::
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin, solid
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk, add, more if needed
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, and ground nutmeg.
- Mix in the canned pumpkin, oil, eggs and molasses, mix well.
- Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan (sprayed with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray) Then set into the air fryer for 18-22 minutes at 320 degrees F, (air fryer setting)
- Before you remove the cake, make sure that the cake is fully cooked, by sticking a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, or with a few crumbs. The cake is fully cooked, and remove it and let it cool, before icing the cake.
- To make the frosting, mix together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and milk.
- Ice the cake.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Baking Pan
- Cooking Spray