Everyone uses ground beef, at least once per week in their cooking, I thought it was a great time to talk about how to purchase ground beef, what to look for and some pointers.
- Ground beef is actually a combination of beef cuts. It usually is a combination of chuck, round and sirloin. Some labels, at the grocery store, may include the cut of meat that is ground.
- Always purchase ground meat that is bright red. You can tell older ground meat by the color, if it is brown or gray, do not purchase it, as it indicates that it is older.
- For huge savings purchase a family pack of ground beef and then freeze some of the meat for later.
- Look for a tightly wrapped package of meat, avoid a package with loose plastic wrap or a tear.
- Here are some guides for purchasing ground beef due to leanness:
- Not less than 73% lean-This is normal just labeled ground beef. This meat is good for chilis, soups, sloppy joes and pizzas.
- Not less than 80% lean-This meat is used best in meat loves, meatballs and hamburgers
- Not less than 85% lean-This is best used in casseroles
The most important thing to remember when using ground meat is that it is very versatile.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
This is a nod to Greek burgers, easy and delicious, and cooked in under 10 minutes in my Omni Air Fryer.
- 1 1/2 pound ground meat
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the ground beef, feta cheese, oregano, lemon juice, and diced garlic. Really Work the cheese into the mixture.
- Shape into about 1 inch thick patties, I got 4 patties from my meat, so divide the meat, accordingly.
- Place on the air fryer tray, and set the temperature to 380 degrees F, for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes, flip the burgers and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: turkey burger air fryer time how long to air fry turkey burgers turkey burger air fryer cook time air fryer turkey burger recipes how long to cook turkey burgers in air fryer cooking frozen turkey burgers in air fryer air fryer turkey burger temperature frozen turkey burger air fryer time