Frozen Pork Chops in the Air Fryer are so easy to cook and come out delicious! No need to thaw your pork chops before frying — have this dinner done in 30 minutes! Serve them with your favorite sides for a hearty meal.
Frozen Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
The other day, I totally forgot to take the pork chops out of the freezer. Has this ever happened to you? Today, I’m going to show you how to air fry frozen pork chops — and they turn out amazingly well!
These pork chops are amazingly juicy and absolutely tender, and you would never think they came from frozen. Serve with an easy Instant Pot Spanish Rice side or Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes, and you can have a full dinner on the table within minutes.
This will be one of the easiest air fryer recipes, making for a great and delicious air fryer frozen pork chops dinner, perfectly seasoned with so much flavor!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
- So easy – no need to even thaw!
- Turns out delicious every time
- Ready in under 30 minutes
Ingredients Needed to Air Fry Frozen Pork Chops
If you’re looking for an easy and healthy meal option, air fryer frozen pork chops are a good choice. You may be surprised when you learn how to cook frozen pork chops in the air fryer — you only need a few spices that you probably already have!
Remember, the full recipe and ingredients are at the bottom of this post in the printable recipe card.
- Pork Chops
- Seasonings and Spices: Brown Sugar, Chili Powder, Smoked Paprika, Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Thyme, Oregano, Ground Mustard, Salt, and Black Pepper — this makes for a simple dry rub.
- Oil: You can use olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil
How To Cook Frozen Pork Chops In Air Fryer
Step 1: Defrost Pork Chops
Place the frozen pork chops in a single layer. Set the temperature to 380 degrees F and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the pork chops are defrosted.
Step 2: Season Pork
In a small bowl, combine all of the dry rub ingredients. Rub olive oil over the pork chops, then rub the pork chops with the seasoning mix.
Step 3: Cook Pork Chops
Place the seasoned frozen pork chops in the air fryer again, and cook for 12 to 16 minutes at 380 degrees F.
Remove when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
Step 4: Rest
Let the pork chops sit for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Tips For Cooking Frozen Pork Chops In The Air Fryer
With just a few simple tips, learning how to cook frozen pork chops in the air fryer is a breeze! When air fried, you can have a perfectly seasoned protein in no time at all. Keep reading to learn how to make the most of your air fryer!
- More Flavor: Freeze your chops in marinade to infuse them with even more flavor. Then, you can just cook the frozen pork chops without adding seasoning.
- Crowding: Remember not to crowd the air fryer basket, as this can hinder even cooking. Food should be placed into the air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving space around each piece in order to air fry frozen pork chops effectively.
- Timing: Since all air fryers are different, and the thickness of the pork chop will affect cooking time, the best way to determine if the frozen pork chops are done is to use a meat thermometer. When the internal temperature reads 145 degrees F at the thickest part, you can safely remove the chops.
What Kind of Pork Chops Can I Use?
When it comes to air fryer frozen pork chops, you have the option of using boneless or bone-in cuts. Boneless chops are easier to eat and cook evenly, but some argue that bone-in chops have more flavor.
Thickness also plays a role in cooking time and how well the pork stays juicy. Generally, a thicker chop should be cooked with slower, indirect heat to ensure proper cooking without drying out.
You can use boneless pork chops, bone-in pork chops, thin pork chops, pork tenderloin, or pork loin, or any frozen chops when you air fry frozen pork chops!
How To Know When The Frozen Pork Chops Are Done Cooking
Knowing how to cook frozen pork chops in the air fryer can be difficult if you don’t know how to tell when they’re done. As mentioned above, cook to temperature rather than following time guidelines perfectly.
To check the temperature of your meat, use a digital meat thermometer and insert it into the thickest part of the meat, avoiding any bones. As long as the internal temperature of the pork chops reads 145 degrees F or above, your pork chops are ready to be enjoyed! Another way to check for doneness is by pressing on the chop with a fork or tongs. It should feel firm, but still slightly springy.
When in doubt, err on the side of caution and cook until the recommended internal temperature is reached. Undercooked pork can carry harmful bacteria and cause foodborne illness. Enjoy your perfectly cooked pork chops with some delicious sides for an easy weeknight meal.
Seasonings For Pork Chops
There are many options for seasoning your frozen pork chops in the air fryer, including dry rubs and breading. For a dry rub, some popular seasonings to use are garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and brown sugar. Using seasonings is a great way to make a simple low carb air fryer dinner!
If you prefer breading your pork chops, try using a mixture of bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese for a delicious crust. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different herbs and spices to find your perfect flavor combination. Regardless of which method you choose, always remember to generously season both sides of the meat before cooking.
How To Store Leftover Pork Chops
Once you have finished cooking and enjoying your delicious pork chops, it is important to properly store any leftovers.
First, let the meat cool completely before transferring it into an airtight container or plastic bag. Place the container in the refrigerator, where it will stay fresh for 3-4 days.
How To Reheat Pork Chops In Air Fryer
If you have any leftover pork chops, a great way to reheat them is by using your air fryer!
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F and spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place pork chops in the air fryer basket, making sure they aren’t overlapping or stacked on top of each other.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping the chops halfway through, until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Serve hot and enjoy! Optional: add a sprinkle of your favorite seasoning before cooking for added flavor.
Best Sides For Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
When it comes to choosing a side dish for your pork chops, broccoli, rice, and green beans are all great options. Rice is a versatile choice that can be prepared in many different ways, from simple white rice to flavorful Spanish or Cajun-style seasoning mixes.
Broccoli pairs well with the savory flavor of pork chops and adds a pop of color to your plate, while green beans add a fresh and crunchy element to your meal.
Whichever option you choose, these sides complement the juicy deliciousness of pork chops perfectly. Give them a try next time you cook up some pork chops for dinner!
More Pork Recipes
Frozen Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- 4-6 frozen pork chops
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the frozen pork chops in a single layer, and set the temperature to 380 degrees F, cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the pork chops are defrosted.
- In a small bowl, add all of the dry rub ingredients, and then rub olive oil over the pork chops, and then rub the pork chops with the seasoning mix.
- Return the seasoned pork chops to the air fryer basket, and cook for 12 to 16 minutes at 380 degrees F, remove the pork chops when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees f when checked with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove and let sit for 3-5 minutes, before serving.
- Air Fryer