Air Fryer Frog Legs –If you’re curious about how to make frog legs, look no further! This air fryer frog legs recipe is simple and delicious. Frog legs are a versatile protein that can be cooked many different ways, but this air fryer recipe is our favorite. They’re crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside – perfect for an appetizer or main course. So, if you’re looking for an easy way to impress your guests, give this air fryer frog legs recipe a try!
Air Fryer Frog Legs are amazing! For years, readers have been asking me how to make them, so I ordered a batch up and made a huge batch!
I made a traditional Creole Bater and seasoning for this batch and then air-fried to crispy perfection. My mother-in-law absolutely loved a great fried batch of frog legs. While she used the air fryer, I used my air fryer, same great flavor, and texture, but without the
While I realize that not everyone loves or would eat Frog Legs, I like to remind you that the readers from my website and Facebook Group are worldwide, and not everyone likes these same things.
If you are looking for other great Air Fryer Appetizers or Snack Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BLOOMING ONION, AIR FRYER FROZEN PICKLES, AIR FRYER LASAGNA EGG ROLLS, and AIR FRYER OVEN GOLD RANCH POTATOES.
Frog legs are exactly as they sound. They are widely eaten around the globe but are really popular in French and Chinese Countries.
You can prepare them by either battering them or marinating them. The traditional way to deep-fry them is by battering them, which I did in my air fryer.
They are available at some grocery stores, depending on where you live. They are also available on the internet if you can not find them in your area.
Ingredients Needed To Make Air Fryer Frog Legs
Do you love frog legs? If so, you’re in luck because they’re really easy to make in the air fryer. All you need are a few simple ingredients, and in no time at all, you’ll be enjoying this delicious dish. Keep reading for a quick and easy recipe that will have your taste buds singing!
- Frog Legs
- Whole Milk or Buttermilk
- All-Purpose Flour
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Cooking Spray
How To Cook Frog Legs In Air Fryer
If you’re in the mood for something exotic, frog legs are a great option. They’re not as difficult to make as you might think, and the Air Fryer makes them crispy and delicious. Follow these simple steps to make air fryer frog legs that will amaze your friends and family.
Place the frog legs into a large bowl, and add the milk or the buttermilk to the bowl. Then add the Old Bay Seasoning and Garlic Powder. Cover and place in the refrigerator for about an hour.
Why Soak Frog Legs In Milk?
Milk contains high levels of lactic acid, which gives frog legs a delicate flavor and creates a tender texture. Soaking the frog legs in milk also helps to remove any unwanted flavors or odors. If you’re looking for a delicious way to prepare frog legs, give this method a try!
In another bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, and another 1 teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning. Mix well.
As you remove the frog legs from the milk/buttermilk marinate, let the milk drip off, and then place the frog legs into the cornmeal batter, repeat with the milk marinade and again in the cornmeal mixture.
How Long To Fry Frog Legs:
As you double coat them, place them into a greased air fryer basket, sprayed with cooking spray. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 minutes, flip a,nd air fry for another 3-5 minutes. Until fully cooked.
If you really want them to crisp up, I would suggest spraying them generously with cooking spray.
Some Pro Tips
- If you want the frog legs to crisp up in the air fryer, the best advice I can give you is to spray them generously with cooking spray. The cooking spray will help your batter get crispy.
- If you want to know if your frog legs are fully cooked, use a meat thermometer. Per the website, the frog legs should reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Do not crowd the basket, as you really want the hot air to flow freely around the basket.
How To Clean Frog Legs
If you purchased frozen or thawed frog legs, chances are you purchased them already cleaned. But if you have wild frogs, that you want to fry up, you will need to clean them first.
Here is a great way to clean frogs.
What Do Frog Legs Taste Like?
Air Frying frog legs is not as difficult as it may seem. In fact, if you can cook chicken, you can cook frog legs. They have a mild flavor and are tender when cooked properly.
So, what do frog legs taste like? Some say they taste like chicken, while others say they have a slight fishy taste. Whether you are daring enough to give them a try or not, let’s explore the different ways to prepare frog legs so you can decide for yourself.
What To Serve With Frog Legs
Are you looking for an interesting new dish to serve your guests? Why not try air fried frog legs! This unusual delicacy is sure to impress your guests and is surprisingly easy to prepare.
Here are some suggestions for serving them:
- Caesar Salad
- Garden Salad
- Pasta Salad
How Long Can I Store Fried Frog Legs?
Let the fried frog legs cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
To Heat Up Frog Legs In The Air Fryer
Place the frog legs into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, heat until the frog legs have warmed through.
How To Cook Frozen Frog Legs In The Air Fryer
Wondering if you can cook frozen frog legs in the air fryer, the answer is yes! Prepare the recipe, and then add some blackened seasoning on top. Since it’s really difficult to bread frozen frog legs.
If you want you can make a simple cajun frog legs recipes, by using a simple cajun or blackened seasoning mix!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
If you loved my recipe on how to cook frog legs, check out these other recipes!
- AIR FRYER QUESO (MEXICAN CHEESE DIP)
- BLACKSTONE LOADED GRILLED NACHOS
- AIR FRYER BREADED EGGPLANT
- AIR FRYER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CALZONES
- EASY AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S VEGETABLE BIRD’S NESTS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Frog Legs
- 1 pound frog legs, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups buttermilk, or milk
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning , (for milk mixture)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder, (for milk mixture)
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- Place the frog legs into a large bowl, add the milk or the buttermilk to the bowl. Then add the Old Bay Seasoning and Garlic Powder. Cover and place into the refrigerator for about an hour.
- In another bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, and another 1 teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning. Mix well.
- As you remove the frog legs from the milk/buttermilk marinate, let the milk drip off, and then place the frog legs into the cornmeal batter, repeat with the milk marinade and again in the cornmeal mixture.
- As you double coat them, place them into a greased air fryer basket, sprayed with cooking spray. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 minutes, flip and air fry for another 3-5 minutes. Until fully cooked.
- If you really want them to crisp up, I would suggest spraying them generously with cooking spray.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray