Air Fryer French Apple Pie Crullers — French apple pie crullers are a crispy, fried treat that will have you hooked from the first bite. With a delicious apple filling and a light glaze on top, these crullers are sure to be your new favorite dessert! Making them in an air fryer makes this recipe even easier than ever before so grab your ingredients and let’s get started.
These Air Fryer French Apple Pie Crullers are light and airy. Made with choux dough, they are completely infused with apple flavor!
If you have been looking to make the BEST Cruller donut in your air fryer, this is the recipe with you, and in minutes, you can have a great breakfast, dessert, or afternoon treat!
The truth is that baking has never been better than with your Air Fryer. The dough is light, fluffy, and tender. The hot air which circulates around the Air Fryer Basket cooks these up perfectly…to complete perfection!
So, whether you own an Air Fryer Basket, Air Fryer Oven, Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, or even the Mealthy Lid, you can bake up a perfect batch; in minutes!
I love a homemade batch of Air Fryer Donuts, and over the years, I have made a lot of donuts. Some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BAKED VANILLA DONUTS, AIR FRYER NUTELLA DONUTS, AIR FRYER APPLE FRITTERS, and AIR FRYER BANANA DONUTS.
What Are French Crullers?
They are a great type of donuts, which comes to us from the Dutch. They are typically made with pate a choux dough instead of traditional yeast dough.
The result is a very light and air donut, which does very well in the Air Fryer. Since the air fryer works with circulating hot air around the basket, it bakes up the Air Fryer French Apple Pie Crullers to perfection.
Choux dough is usually made by heating the dough and then simmering until a soft dough forms.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer French Apple Pie Crullers
- Unsweetened Apple Juice
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cooking Spray
How To Make Air Fryer French Apple Pie Crullers
In a small pot over medium heat, add the unsweetened apple juice, butter, sugar, and cinnamon and bring to a simmer. Cook until the butter has melted. Remove from heat.
Add the flour and stir vigorously until you get a thick dough.
Return to the heat and continue cooking until smooth ball forms. Remove from heat.
Continue constantly stirring until the dough has cooled down. Add the eggs, one at a time, and continue mixing until the mixture is thick and slightly sticky.
Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe a large circle in the air fryer basket. Spray with cooking spray and cook at 350 degrees F, Air Fryer Setting, for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Repeat the process with the rest of the batter. Dip in a simple icing and serve.
- This recipe will work in any Air Fryer Basket or Oven Model. The cooking time may change by a few minutes, so remember to keep on watching your Air Fryer French Apple Pie Crullers as they cook up.
- Use a piece of parchment paper if you find that the dough is sticking to the basket.
- The dough is very sticky, so you might need to add additional flour to shape your dough.
- There is nothing better than a fresh batch of Air Fryer French Apple Pie Crullers so serve them warm after glazing them. (The recipe is in the comments)
How To Store Air Fryer French Apple Pie Crullers
While these are best served right after making them if you have any leftovers let them cool to room temperature and wrap them in saran wrap. They will last at room temperature for about 1 to 2 days.
You can also warm them up right before serving in either the microwave or air fryer.
More Air Fryer Donut Recipes:
- AIR FRYER BACON SALTED CARAMEL DONUTS
- AIR FRYER POWDERED SUGAR DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER GLAZED BISCUIT DONUTS
- AIR FRYER APPLE PIE BOMBS
- AIR FRYER BANANA DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE GLAZED DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON ROLL BITES
- 1 ½ Cup unsweetened apple juice
- ½ Cup butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 3 Eggs
- Cooking spray
- In a small pot over medium heat, add the unsweetened apple juice, butter, sugar, and cinnamon and bring to a simmer. Cook until the butter has melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the flour and stir vigorously until you get a thick dough. Return to the heat and continue cooking until smooth ball forms. Remove from heat.
- Continue constantly stirring until the dough has cooled down. Add the eggs, one at a time, and continue mixing until the mixture is thick and slightly sticky.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe a large circle in the air fryer basket. Spray with cooking spray and cook at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Dip in a simple icing and serve.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Youcan make the icing with ½ cup confectioners sugar, 2 Tbsp milk, and 1 Tsp vanilla extract
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.