There is something perfect in its simplicity, the hard-boiled egg. Which can be eaten at any time, my son Jason, an avid hockey player, usually eats them to increase his protein intake. Which, means for breakfast and as a mid-afternoon snack, or a snack right before a hockey game.
Here is a hack that I learned a long time ago, with the arrival of my Air Fryer and a curious imagination.
You can actually hard boil an egg by simply putting it down in the air fryer basket. True, you might want to put them in a basket or a trivet so they don’t roll around. But, what is better than putting an egg in, setting the time and temperature and walking away to find a hard-boiled egg. Can you say multi-task?
This is also a great time saver because you can whip up deviled eggs in no time. Especially, since you just walk away after you set the time and temperature, what could be a more perfect solution?
What makes a perfect hard-boiled egg? There are many different opinions on them, here are a few:
- There is no green ring around the yolk, the york is by itself. (This actually means that the egg has been overcooked)
- Older eggs are actually easier to peel. (Usually just a week or two old, not months)
- If your eggs are hard to peel, just place them into a bowl of cold water, as the water goes into the shell, which makes it easier to peel.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Instant Pot, Air Fryer, Omni Version
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Foolproof Hard-Boiled Eggs (OMNI, by Instant Pot Air Fryer)
These are the easiest hard-boiled eggs, you will ever make. you need nothing but eggs, an air fryer and an ice-cold bowl of water.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 12 eggs
- 1 bowl ice cold water
- air fryer
- Set your eggs into the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 250 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 15 minutes.
- As soon as the air fryer is done, transfer them to an ice-cold bath. Chill for about 10-15 minutes.
- Use, as you wish.