Air Fryer Deviled Eggs absolutely delicious and so easy to make in the air fryer. Today’s afternoon snack.
My kids love deviled eggs. They are the perfect kid (and finger) food, perfect for picking up and eating.
Deviled Eggs are also easy to make for appetizers, parties, get-togethers, and other fun activities. They are extremely popular at BBQs in the summer.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER LEMON CRAB CAKES; AIR FRYER HARD BOILED EGGS, AIR FRYER AVOCADO FRENCH FRIES, and AIR FRYER FROZEN TAQUITOS.
What are Deviled Eggs?
Deviled eggs are one of the most common appetizers in America. These eggs are a food with a long, long history, going back to Ancient Roman Times.
They are hard-boiled eggs, where the inside (yellow part) has been scooped out and combined with other ingredients and then put back into the center.
One of the most common ingredients used to refill the deviled eggs is mayonnaise. However, you can certainly use other fillings.
Ingredients Needed To Make Air Fryer Deviled Eggs
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Dijon Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Deviled Eggs
Set your eggs in a trivet or tray, anything to prevent them from flying around the air fryer. Place your temperature to 250 degrees F, air fryer setting. Set your time for 16 minutes.
After the time is up, use tongs and place the cooked eggs directly into cold water, this will stop the cooking process. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Once cool, peel.
Slice your eggs half lengthwise. Then, remove the yolk (the yellow part) and put it in a bowl.
Use a fork, mash the yellow (the yolk), and then add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Using a spoon, scoop the yellow mixture back into the white part of the eggs. Sprinkle with paprika for a classic look.
Tip for Easy-Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Immediately after taking them out of the air fryer, place them into a bowl of ice water. This does two things: it stops the cooking process and makes the shell easy to remove.
- Roll the cooled eggs on a flat surface.
Variations of Classic Air Fryer Deviled Eggs
Although today I used a simple and classic filling for the Deviled Eggs, there are so many other ways that you can change out the filing.
- Mayonnaise: Change out for Greek Yogurt, Sour Cream, or even salad dressing.
- Dijon Mustard: Add some hot sauce, horseradish mustard, wasabi, or even just hot mustard.
- Fresh Vegetables: Add diced chives, parsley, shallots, etc.
- Toppings: Add some cooked air-fried candied bacon, diced olives, or even fresh dill.
Adding The Filling
If you are like me, you usually use a spoon to add the filling to the deviled eggs, but several other ways to dress them up for parties or get-together.
Here are a couple of tools to use (affiliate links included)
How to Store Deviled Eggs
- You can make deviled eggs about a day in advance. Any longer than that, the eggs will start to get soggy.
- Cover the prepared deviled eggs with saran wrap, try to keep much of the air out as possible.
Some Great Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with paprika
- Set your eggs in a trivet or tray, anything to prevent them from flying around the air fryer.
- I tried to get them not to roll. That was the hardest part of the recipe.
- Set your time for 250 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Set your time for 16 minutes.
- After the time is up, use tongs and place the cooked eggs directly into cold water, this will stop the cooking process.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Then, once cool, peel.
- Slice your eggs half lengthwise. Then, remove the yolk (the yellow part) and put it in a bowl.
- Use a fork, mash the yellow (the yolk), and then add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Using a spoon, scoop the yellow mixture back into the white part of the eggs. Sprinkle with paprika for a classic look.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g