There is something perfect in its simplicity, the hard-boiled egg. This can be eaten at any time, my son Jason, an avid hockey player, usually eats them to increase his protein intake. Which, means for breakfast and as a mid-afternoon snack, or a snack right before a hockey game.
Here is a hack that I learned a long time ago, with the arrival of my Air Fryer and a curious imagination.
You can actually hard boil an egg by simply putting it down in the air fryer basket. True, you might want to put them in a basket or a trivet so they don’t roll around. But, what is better than putting an egg in, setting the time and temperature and walking away to find a hard-boiled egg. Can you say multi-task?
This is also a great time saver because you can whip up deviled eggs in no time. Especially, since you just walk away after you set the time and temperature, what could be a more perfect solution?
What makes a perfect hard-boiled egg? There are many different opinions on them, here are a few:
- There is no green ring around the yolk, the york is by itself. (This actually means that the egg has been overcooked)
- Older eggs are actually easier to peel. (Usually just a week or two old, not months)
- If your eggs are hard to peel, just place them into a bowl of cold water, as the water goes into the shell, which makes it easier to peel.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin:Print
Air Fryer, Air Fried, How To Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs In The Air Fryer
Once you have a batch of hard boiled eggs, you only have about three to five days to use them up
Store them unpeeled in the refrigerator, until ready to use.
- 6–12 large eggs
- Set your eggs in a trivet or tray, anything to prevent from them flying around the air fryer.
- I tried to get them not to roll, that was the hardest part of the recipe.
- Set your time for 250 degrees F.
- Set your time for 16 minutes.
- After the time is up, use tongs and place the cooked eggs directly into cold water, this will stop the cooking process.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Then, once cool, peel and dice. Or if you are not using them right away, put them in the refrigerator.
They will store for about 3-5 days. It is recommended that you leave them unpeeled, until ready to use.