Air Fryer Ground Beef Egg Rolls — Looking for a delicious twist on a classic snack?
Our Air Fryer Ground Beef Egg Rolls are here to tantalize your taste buds! These rolls combine the savory goodness of perfectly seasoned ground beef with the crispy, golden perfection that only an air fryer can achieve. 🥩🥠
Imagine biting into a crispy shell only to discover a juicy, flavorful filling of seasoned ground beef blended with just the right mix of spices and herbs. And the best part? They’re made in the air fryer, offering a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods so that you can indulge without the guilt! 🍃👩🍳
Whether you’re hosting a party, looking for a new family favorite, or just in the mood for a savory treat, these ground beef egg rolls will surely hit the spot. They’re easy to make, fun to eat, and irresistible. Stay tuned for the recipe and step-by-step guide on how to whip up these mouthwatering snacks! 📖✨
There are so many different egg roll recipes that you can make with your air fryer! Some of my favorite Air Fryer Egg Roll Recipes are AIR FRYER COOKIE DOUGH EGG ROLLS, AIR FRYER APPLE PIE EGG ROLLS, AIR FRYER LASAGNA EGG ROLLS, and AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER BANANA EGG ROLLS.
What Are Ground Beef Egg Rolls?
Ground Beef Egg Rolls are a delicious and versatile snack, appetizer, or meal component that combines the rich, savory flavors of seasoned ground beef with the crispiness of a fried or air-fried wrapper. Here’s a brief overview:
- The Filling: At the heart of these egg rolls is the ground beef filling, typically cooked and seasoned with spices, herbs, and other ingredients like onions, garlic, and sometimes vegetables like cabbage or carrots. The beef is cooked until it’s browned and flavorful, ensuring every bite is packed with taste.
- The Wrapper: This flavorful filling is wrapped in egg roll wrappers and thin dough sheets made from wheat flour. When cooked, these wrappers become wonderfully crispy, providing a delightful contrast to the juicy, savory filling.
- Cooking Method: Traditionally, egg rolls are deep-fried, but ground beef egg rolls can also be prepared in an air fryer. This method offers a healthier alternative, significantly reducing the oil used yet achieving a crispy, golden exterior.
- Serving: Ground Beef Egg Rolls are often served as a starter or side dish and are popular in various cuisines, including American and fusion dishes. They can be accompanied by dipping sauces like sweet and sour sauce, soy sauce, or spicy mustard, enhancing their flavor profile.
- Versatility: One of the great things about ground beef egg rolls is their versatility. You can add different ingredients to the filling, such as cheese and different vegetables, or even blend in other meats to create a variety of flavors and textures.
In summary, Ground Beef Egg Rolls are a delightful combination of crispy wrappers filled with flavorful, seasoned ground beef, offering a satisfying and versatile dish enjoyed in many different culinary contexts.
Why You Will Love This Recipe!
You’re going to love this recipe for Air Fryer Ground Beef Egg Rolls for several compelling reasons:
- Deliciously Savory Flavor: The ground beef filling, seasoned with a perfect blend of spices and herbs, provides a deeply satisfying and rich taste. Each bite offers a burst of savory goodness that will please any palate.
- Crispy Texture with Less Oil: These egg rolls achieve a wonderfully crispy texture without deep frying, thanks to the air fryer. You get all the crunch and satisfaction of traditional egg rolls but with significantly less oil, making them a healthier option.
- Easy and Convenient: This recipe is straightforward and hassle-free, ideal for beginners and experienced cooks. The air fryer does most of the work, which means less active cooking time and easy cleanup.
- Versatile and Customizable: The basic recipe can easily adapt to your taste preferences. Feel free to add different vegetables, switch up the spices, or even add different cheeses to the ground beef mixture for a new twist every time.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether you’re whipping up a quick family dinner, entertaining guests, or needing a satisfying snack, these ground beef egg rolls are a perfect choice. They will surely be a hit at parties, game nights, or as a special treat.
- Fun to Make with Family: Egg rolls can be a fun culinary activity for family or friends. It’s a great way to get kids involved in cooking, letting them help with filling and rolling the egg rolls.
- Great for Meal Prep: These egg rolls can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer, making them a convenient option for meal prep or for those busy days when you need a quick and easy meal solution.
In summary, the Air Fryer Ground Beef Egg Rolls recipe offers a perfect blend of flavor, convenience, and versatility, making it a delightful addition to your cooking repertoire.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Ground Beef Egg Rolls
Embark on a culinary adventure with these simple yet flavorful ingredients for Air Fryer Ground Beef Egg Rolls. Each component plays a crucial role in creating a dish that’s as satisfying to make as it is to savor, blending the hearty richness of ground beef with a variety of complementary flavors and textures.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Egg Roll Wrappers: These thin, pliable wrappers are key to creating the classic egg roll shape. They crisp up beautifully in the air fryer, enveloping the filling in a golden, crunchy exterior.
- Ground Beef: The star of the filling, ground beef adds rich, meaty flavors and makes the egg rolls satisfyingly hearty.
- Red Cabbage: This adds a pop of color and a slightly peppery crunch, contributing to the texture and nutritional value of the egg rolls.
- Carrots: Shredded carrots provide sweetness and a pleasant crunch, complementing the savory beef and other vegetables.
- Yellow Onion: The onion brings a subtle sweetness and aroma, enhancing the overall depth of flavor in the filling.
- Red Bell Pepper: Its sweet and slightly tangy taste adds a wonderful flavor complexity and vibrant color to the mix.
- Minced Garlic: Garlic adds a pungent, earthy flavor, an essential ingredient for a rich and aromatic filling.
- Minced Ginger: Ginger offers a unique, warm, spicy note, balancing the flavors and adding a touch of zest.
- Soy Sauce: This brings umami and a salty depth, tying together all the flavors in the filling.
- Sesame Oil: Its nutty aroma and taste give the filling an authentic Asian flair, enhancing the overall flavor profile.
- Salt and Black Pepper: These seasonings are fundamental for enhancing and balancing all the flavors in the egg rolls.
- Cooking Spray: A light spray on the egg rolls ensures they get a crispy, golden finish in the air fryer without needing excess oil.
These ingredients contributes to making your Air Fryer Ground Beef Egg Rolls a delicious, well-balanced, and enjoyable dish.
How To Make Air Fryer Ground Beef Egg Rolls
Making Air Fryer Ground Beef Egg Rolls is a straightforward and enjoyable process. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
Bring a wok pan to medium-high heat and add the sesame oil. Once the oil is hot, add the ground beef and cook until the meat is red. Then add the onion, minced garlic, and ginger and cook until fragrant.
Add the cabbage, carrots, and red bell pepper–sauté for a couple of minutes or until the cabbage has softened and the beef has browned.
You can then add the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Once everything is fully cooked, take the wok off the stove and let it cool for a few minutes.
Prepare your station. Have your wrappers and filling ready. Put down a small bowl of water and a plate to roll your egg rolls on.
Grab an individual wrapper sheet, place it diagonally in front of you, and put about 2 tablespoons of filling on the wrapper (like the photo). Then fold the corner closest to you over the filling and the sides over like an envelope. Then keep rolling until you have a small corner (triangle) left. Brush some water with your fingers on the corner of the wrapper and roll further until the wrapper has been sealed.
Place about 4-8 egg rolls in your air fryer (depending on the size of your air fryer), make sure they don’t touch each other, and have a little room. Spray quickly with cooking oil (I used avocado oil) and let them air fry for 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, or until golden brown. Make sure to turn them over halfway.
Serve hot with some chili sauce.
The Air Fryer Ground Beef Egg Rolls recipe is a delicious and easy alternative to traditional fried egg rolls. This dish is popular for its crispy exterior and savory filling, but many people hesitate to make their own at home due to the required time and effort.
Fortunately, making ground beef egg rolls has never been easier with an air fryer! The secret to perfecting this dish is in the cooking method, and the air fryer delivers the crispy texture without all the added oil.
You can try to customize your egg rolls in many variations of this recipe. Some people like to add shredded cabbage or carrots for extra crunch, while others prefer to include diced onions or bell peppers for a burst of flavor. You can also experiment with spices and seasonings, such as garlic powder, ginger, or soy sauce.
Use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef if you’re looking for a healthier option. This will reduce the fat content while maintaining the egg rolls’ delicious taste.
For those who are vegetarian or vegan, you can substitute the ground meat with mashed tofu or even lentils. Season it well and mix in some vegetables for a delicious and nutritious alternative.
Another popular variation is using different wrappers, such as rice paper or wonton wrappers. Rice paper wrappers are thinner and have a lighter texture, while wonton wrappers are thicker and provide more crunch. It’s all about personal preference, so feel free to experiment with different types of wrappers to find your favorite.
You can try incorporating different fillings into your egg rolls if you’re feeling adventurous. Some ideas include adding diced shrimp, mushrooms, or even cheese. Get creative and have fun with it!
Overall, the Air Fryer Ground Beef Egg Rolls recipe is a versatile dish that can be easily adapted to suit anyone’s taste buds. With the air fryer, you can enjoy this popular dish without all the mess and hassle of traditional frying methods. So why not try it and see how delicious and convenient homemade egg rolls can be? No matter how you make them, one thing is certain – these crispy and savory treats are perfect for any occasion! So go ahead and get cooking; your taste buds will thank you.
- Use lean ground beef for a healthier option. Lean ground turkey or chicken can also be used as substitutes.
- Adding vegetables like shredded carrots, cabbage, and bell peppers to the filling can add extra nutrition and flavor.
- Experiment with different seasonings and spices to customize the taste of your egg rolls. Add garlic powder, onion powder, or a dash of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
- To prevent the egg rolls from drying out in the air fryer, brush them with oil before cooking. This will also help them get crispy and golden brown.
- Seal the edges of the egg roll wrappers properly to ensure they don’t open up while cooking. Use a little water or a beaten egg to seal the edges.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket with too many egg rolls. This can prevent them from getting evenly cooked and crispy.
- If you’re short on time, you can also use pre-made ground beef or turkey filling for your egg rolls. Thoroughly cook the filling before using it for your egg rolls.
- Get creative with your dipping sauces! Try a sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, or ranch dressing for a unique twist on traditional egg roll dipping sauces. You can also make your own by mixing together different condiments and spices.
- Don’t limit yourself to just ground beef. You can also use other types of ground meat like pork, shrimp, or a combination of different meats for your egg rolls.
- To make the process quicker and easier, you can prepare the filling in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. This way, all you have to do is assemble and cook the egg rolls when you’re ready to eat.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative and try out different ingredients for your filling. Some tasty options include diced apples, mushrooms, or macaroni and cheese.
- You can use whole wheat egg roll wrappers or even rice paper wraps instead of traditional flour-based wrappers.
Can I use regular ground beef or does it have to be lean? You can use any type of ground beef for your egg rolls, but lean ground beef is usually recommended as it has less fat content and won’t make the egg rolls too greasy. However, if you prefer a juicier filling, you can definitely use regular ground beef.
Can I make air fryer ground beef egg rolls ahead of time? Absolutely! You can make the egg rolls and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days before air frying them. This is a great time-saving tip for parties or busy weeknights.
How do I prevent my egg rolls from sticking to the air fryer basket? To prevent your egg rolls from sticking, make sure to lightly spray or brush oil on the air fryer basket before placing them in. You can also place a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil underneath the egg rolls to prevent sticking.
Can I use a different type of wrapper for my egg rolls? While traditional egg roll wrappers are recommended for this recipe, you can certainly experiment with other types of wrappers such as wonton or spring roll wrappers. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly as they may cook faster or slower than egg roll wrappers.
Can I freeze my air fryer ground beef egg rolls? Yes, you can freeze your egg rolls before or after air frying them. Just make sure to let them cool completely before placing them in an airtight container and freezing. When ready to eat, simply thaw and reheat in the air fryer for a few minutes until crispy.
Can I use a different type of ground meat for my egg rolls? Absolutely! While this recipe calls for ground beef, you can also use other types of ground meat such as chicken, turkey, or pork. You can even mix different types of meats to create your own unique filling.
Are air fryer ground beef egg rolls healthier than traditional deep-fried egg rolls?Yes, air fryer ground beef egg rolls are generally considered to be healthier as they use much less oil compared to traditional deep-fried egg rolls. They also have a crispy texture without the excess grease.
What dipping sauces go well with air fryer ground beef egg rolls? There are many dipping sauces that pair well with air fryer ground beef egg rolls, such as sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, or even a simple mix of ketchup and mayo. You can also create your own dipping sauce by mixing together different ingredients such as honey, mustard, or hot sauce.
Can I make vegetarian or vegan versions of these egg rolls? Yes, you can definitely make vegetarian or vegan versions of these egg rolls by replacing the ground beef with plant-based protein such as tofu, tempeh, or a mixture of vegetables. You can also use egg-free wrappers for a completely vegan option.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER PLANTAIN CHIPS
- AIR FRYER COOL RANCH PASTA CHIPS
- EASY AIR FRYER COCONUT SHRIMP
- AIR FRYER SOUTHERN FRIED SQUASH
- AIR FRYER GARLIC BREAD PIZZA TOAST
- EASY AIR FRYER CHEESE FRIES
- AIR FRYER SQUASH (SUMMER SQUASH/YELLOW SQUASH)
- AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Ground Beef Egg Rolls
- 25 egg roll wrappers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, matchsticks
- 1 yellow onion, medium sized
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a wok pan to medium-high heat and add the sesame oil. Once the oil is hot, add the ground beef and cook until the meat is no longer red.
- Then add the onion, minced garlic, and minced ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, and red bell pepper. Sauté for a couple of minutes, until the cabbage has softened, and the beef has browned.
- You can then add the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Once everything is fully cooked, take the wok off the stove and let it cook off on the counter.
- Prepare your station. Have your wrappers and filling ready. Put down a small bowl of water and a plate to roll your egg rolls on.
- Grab an individual wrapper sheet, place it diagonally in front of you, and put about 2 tablespoons of filling on the wrapper (like the photo). Then fold the corner closest to you over the filling and the sides over, like an envelope. Then keep rolling until you have a small corner (triangle) left. Brush some water with your fingers on the corner of the wrapper and roll further until the wrapper has sealed.
- Place about 4-8 egg rolls in your air fryer (depending on the size of your air fryer), make sure they don’t touch each other, and have a little room. Spray quickly with cooking oil (I used avocado oil) and let them air fry for 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, or until golden brown. Make sure to turn them over halfway.
- Serve hot with some chili sauce.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- This recipe will work in any Air Fryer Basket or Oven Model. I have made these in my Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crips Lid, and Mealthy Lid. The recipe will remain the same; the cooking time may vary.
- For best results, either spray your air fryer basket, use a piece of parchment, or a reusable silicone liner, so the wrappers do not stick to the basket.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer. Otherwise, the egg rolls will not crisp up.
- For extra crispness, spray your egg roll wrappers with cooking spray before you cook them.
- Depending on your air fryer, you may need to flip them halfway.