Air Fryer Lemon Turnovers are amazing! I love lemon, which happens to be one of my favorite breakfasts, and best of all, it was cooked in the Air Fryer!
I love a great and easy turnover recipe and trust me after you make this recipe, you will be making it every week. So, forget about the frozen kind, and whip up this in minutes!
The pastry is flaky, and the lemon filling is amazing! If you love a great lemon pastry, this is the recipe for you!
And baking in the Air Fryer has never been easier! Simple, easy and delicious, are my favorite words to describe baking in the air fryer, and this recipe is super simple!
Once you become addicted to baking in the Air Fryer, try out some of these super simple recipes: AIR FRYER APPLE FRITTERS, AIR FRYER NUTELLA DONUTS, AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, AIR FRYER SOFT DINNER ROLLS, and AIR FRYER POWDERED SUGAR DONUTS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Lemon Turnovers
- Puff Pastry
- Lemon Pie Filling
- Cooking Spray
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Lemon Turnovers
Start by laying out the thawed puff pastry on a flat surface. Cut the sheet into 4 squares.
In the center of the puff pastry, add about 2 tablespoons of the pie filling.
Fold the pastry over, making a triangle. Use your fingers to press the dough together. If you have a hard time getting the pastry closed, dip your finger into water and brush it along the edges.
Set them in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray (both sprayed with olive oil to prevent sticking). Set in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F (air fryer setting), flip, and air fry for another 3-5 minutes, until fully cooked.
While the lemon turnovers are cooking, in a small mixing bowl, making the icing, mixing the milk and brown sugar, and mixing until well blended.
- You do not need to preheat your air fryer to make this recipe.
- If you find that your turnovers are sticking, either use a piece of parchment paper or spray the basket with cooking spray.
- A single layer is best, you want to leave plenty of space around the puff pastry, which will help it rise. Therefore you may need to make these in batches, for the best results.
- If you want the top to crisp up, you can either use a light spray of cooking spray or an egg wash.
How To Make Air Fryer Lemon Turnovers In The Oven:
Of course, anything that you make in the oven, you can make in the air fryer. This batch of Air Fryer Lemon Turnovers is no different.
To cook a batch of lemon turnovers in the oven, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and then cook in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process. Cook until they are golden brown and fully cooked.
How To Store Air Fryer Lemon Turnovers:
If you have any turnovers left over, let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. Left at room temperature they will last for about 1 to 2 days.
You can always reheat them in the air fryer, until warmed, before reserving.
How To Freeze Air Fryer Turnovers:
There is nothing better than a well-stocked freezer, made with tasty treats. So, whether you want to double or even triple the recipe. These lemon turnovers will freeze very well.
To freeze, set them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and place the turnovers on top of the paper. Place the baking sheet into the freezer, and freeze them until they are frozen solid. Remove them, and place them into a freezer bag. They will last for about 1 to 2 months.
To use from frozen, palace them directly into the air fryer basket, freeze, and air fry for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Breakfast Pastry Ideas:
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Lemon Turnovers
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup lemon pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Start by laying out the thawed puff pastry on a flat surface. Cut the sheet into 4 squares.
- In the center of the puff pastry, add about 2 tablespoons of the pie filling.
- Fold the pastry over, making a triangle. Use your fingers to press the dough together. If you have a hard time getting the pastry closed, dip your finger into water and brush it along the edges.
- Spray the top with cooking spray or brush with egg wash.
- Set them in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray (both sprayed with cooking spray to prevent sticking)
- Set in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F (air fryer setting), flip, and air fry for another 3-5 minutes, until fully cooked.
- While the turnovers are cooking in a small mixing bowl, mix the milk and powdered sugar.
- Drizzle the icing over the turnovers.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven
- Cooking Spray, or Parchment Paper