Air Fryer Crispy Crowns — introducing a crispy and irresistible snack or side dish – Air Fryer Crispy Crowns! These delightful potato bites satisfy your cravings for something crunchy and savory.
Whether you’re looking for a tasty appetizer, a fun addition to your meal, or a satisfying snack, Air Fryer Crispy Crowns are sure to hit the spot.
With their golden-brown exterior and fluffy interior, they’re easy to make and even easier to enjoy. Get ready to indulge in the deliciousness of Air Fryer Crispy Crowns with every crispy bite!
If you are looking for even more Easy Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO CHIPS, AIR FRYER BLOOMING ONION, AIR FRYER BUTTERMILK CHICKEN TENDERS, AIR FRYER FROZEN PICKLES, AIR FRYER QUESO (MEXICAN CHEESE DIP).
What Are Crispy Crowns?
Crispy Crowns are bite-sized potato snacks often shaped into small cylinders or crowns. They are made from seasoned grated or shredded potatoes, formed into shapes, and then fried until crispy and golden brown.
Crispy Crowns are typically enjoyed as a snack or side dish and are known for their crunchy exterior and soft, fluffy interior. They are famous for those looking for a delicious and satisfying potato treat.
Why You Will Love Air Frying Crispy Crowns
You’ll love air-frying crispy crowns for several reasons:
- Healthier Option: Air frying provides a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods, as it requires little to no oil, reducing the dish’s overall calorie and fat content.
- Crispy Texture: Despite using less oil, air frying still yields crispy and crunchy crowns with a satisfying texture that rivals traditional frying methods.
- Convenience: Air frying is quick and convenient, allowing you to enjoy crispy crowns in a fraction of the time it takes to fry them in oil. Plus, there’s no need to preheat a large pot of oil or deal with messy cleanup afterward.
- Versatility: Air frying allows you to experiment with different seasonings and flavor combinations to customize your crispy crowns to your taste preferences.
- Even Cooking: Air frying ensures that your crispy crowns cook evenly on all sides, resulting in a uniform texture and golden brown color.
- Kid-Friendly: Crispy crowns are a hit with kids and adults alike, making them a fun snack or side dish for the whole family to enjoy.
- Less Grease: Since air frying requires minimal oil, you’ll enjoy crispy crowns with less grease and oil residue, making for a cleaner and healthier cooking experience.
Overall, air-frying crispy crowns offer a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy this classic potato snack with all the flavor and texture you love.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Crispy Crowns
Get ready to indulge in the deliciousness frozen Air Fryer Crispy Crowns! With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these crunchy and flavorful potato bites that are perfect for snacking or serving as a side dish.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Frozen Crispy Crowns: Purchase pre-made frozen crispy crowns from the store. These are usually made from shredded or grated potatoes and come seasoned or unseasoned.
- Dipping Sauce: Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
How To Make Crispy Crowns In Air Fryer
To make crispy crowns in the air fryer, follow these simple steps:
Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F (200°C) for 2-3 minutes.
Season the Crowns (Optional): Season the frozen Crispy Crowns with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, or any other desired seasonings for extra flavor.
Arrange in the Air Fryer: Place the crowns in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not overcrowded to allow for proper air circulation.
Air Fry: Cook the crowns in the air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for 10-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time to ensure even crisping.
Check for Doneness: Once the crowns are golden brown and crispy on the outside, they are ready. You can test one to ensure the inside is cooked through and tender.
Serve: Transfer the crispy crowns to a serving plate and enjoy them hot as a delicious snack or side dish.
By following these steps, you’ll have perfectly crispy crowns ready to enjoy in no time with the convenience of your air fryer. Adjust the cooking time as needed based on the thickness of the crowns and your desired level of crispiness.
Best Brands Of Frozen Crispy Crowns
Some popular brands of frozen crispy crowns include:
- Ore-Ida Crispy Crowns
- McCain Crispy Crowns
- Alexia Crispy Crowns
- Cascadian Farm Crispy Crowns
- Trader Joe’s Crispy Crowns
These brands offer various crispy crowns options, including seasoned and unseasoned varieties, so you can choose the one that best fits your preferences. Be sure to check the freezer section of your local grocery store for availability.
Here are some pro tips to help you achieve perfectly crispy crowns in the air fryer:
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Like any air frying recipe, preheating the air fryer ensures that the crowns start cooking immediately upon insertion, resulting in a crispier exterior.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Basket: Arrange the crowns in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving space between them for proper air circulation. This ensures that they cook evenly and crisp up nicely on all sides.
- Use a Light Coating of Oil: While you can achieve crispy crowns without oil, a light oil coating can help enhance their crunchiness. Use a cooking spray or brush them lightly with oil before air frying.
- Shake the Basket: Halfway through the cooking time, shake the air fryer basket to ensure the crowns cook evenly on all sides. This helps them achieve a uniform crispness.
- Check for Doneness: Keep an eye on the crowns as they cook, especially towards the end of the cooking time. Depending on your air fryer model and the thickness of the crowns, they may cook faster or slower than expected.
- Serve Immediately: For the best texture and flavor, serve the crispy crowns immediately after cooking. They are at their crispiest and most delicious when they’re hot out of the air fryer.
By following these pro tips, you’ll be able to enjoy perfectly crispy crowns that are crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, making them a delightful snack or side dish for any occasion.
Can I cook frozen crispy crowns in the air fryer? Yes, you can cook frozen crispy crowns in the air fryer. Follow the instructions on the package for best results.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer for crispy crowns? It’s recommended to preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before cooking crispy crowns to ensure they start cooking immediately and achieve a crispy exterior.
How long do crispy crowns take to cook in the air fryer? Cooking time can vary depending on the brand of crispy crowns and the air fryer model. Generally, they take about 10-15 minutes at 400°F (200°C), flipping halfway through.
Can I season crispy crowns before air frying? Yes, you can season crispy crowns with salt, pepper, garlic powder, or any other desired seasonings before air frying to add extra flavor.
Can I store leftover crispy crowns? Yes, leftover crispy crowns can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer until warmed through before serving.
Can I make homemade crispy crowns in the air fryer? Yes, you can make homemade crispy crowns by grating potatoes, shaping them into crowns, and air frying them until crispy. Adjust the cooking time and temperature as needed.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Fried Olives
- AIR FRYER QUESO (MEXICAN CHEESE DIP)
- AIR FRYER DESSERT NACHOS
- BLACKSTONE LOADED GRILLED NACHOS
- AIR FRYER CANDIED PECANS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN BATTERED CAULIFLOWER
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Crispy Crowns
- 15 ounces frozen crispy crowns
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for a few minutes.
- Season the Crowns (Optional): Season the crowns with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, or any other desired seasonings for extra flavor.
- Place the crowns in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not overcrowded to allow for proper air circulation.
- Cook the crowns in the air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for 10-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time to ensure even crisping.
- Once the crowns are golden brown and crispy on the outside, they are ready. You can test one to ensure the inside is cooked through and tender.
- Serve: Transfer the crispy crowns to a
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional