Give your guests an appetizer they won’t forget by serving this Air Fryer Cheesy Hot Crab Dip. It’s the perfect blend of spicy, creamy, and crunchy that’ll have everyone coming back for more!
Hot crab dip is a savory dish that can be served as an appetizer or a meal. It’s perfect for any occasion and has only a few ingredients, making it easy to make! With this recipe, you’ll learn how to make the best hot crab dip ever.
Do you want to spice up your next party? This crab hot crab dip is a crowd-pleaser, and it’s so easy to make! It only takes about 10 minutes, and the ingredients are simple. The best part of this recipe is that you can switch out the crab for other seafood like shrimp or scallops, depending on your guests’ preference!
This was all baked up perfectly in the Air Fryer!
Oh, So good!
If you are looking for even more AIr Fyrer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER FROZEN MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS, AIR FRYER CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES, AIR FRYER PITA CHIPS, and AIR FRYER KETO MAPLE BACON CRACK.
What Is Crab Dip?
Have you ever been to a party and had crab dip served as an appetizer? I know that some people don’t like the flavor of seafood, but those who love it can’t get enough of this creamy dish. What is crab dip? Well, it’s made from cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and a few seasonings. But the real star of the show today is both the cheddar cheese, which makes it nice and gooey, and the lump crab meat, which gives it a great texture.
If you’re a fan of crab, then this recipe is for you! You can also add other ingredients like chopped onion and scallion to the mixture to make it your own. This easy appetizer will please even the pickiest eaters at your next party!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cheesy Hot Crab Dip
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Lump Crabmeat
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
How To Make Air Fryer Cheesy Hot Crab Dip
In a small mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
Fold in the crabmeat, cheddar cheese, and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
Pour the dip into an air fryer-safe ramekin or casserole dish. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air dryer setting, for 10 to 12 minutes.
What Is Lump Crab Meat?
Lump crab meat is the most popular type of crabmeat. It consists of pieces of white or red-shelled crabs, which may include claws and legs. The texture ranges from medium to very firm, depending on how you cooked it. Today you can use lump crab meat in many dishes like salads, casseroles, seafood pasta, soups, and stews that call for canned crabmeat.
For classic recipes like Crab Louie or New England Clam Chowder, you will need to use fresh lump crab meat rather than canned lump crab meat because the chunks are too large for these recipes when packaged as canned products.
Tips for Air Fryer Hot Crab Dip
- This is a great recipe can. The air fryer does an amazing job at perfectly cooking it up! You can use any air fryer that you own for this recipe, either basket or oven model. The recipe will work the same.
- The timing will vary based on how big your container is; the larger the container, the longer it will take to cook up. So, watch your crab dip in the air fryer as it bakes up.
- Make sure to drain the crab meat. Otherwise, you will end up with a soggy dip. Use our hands and pick through the crab to ensure that there are no shells in the meat.
- If you want to make this a bit spicer, add some hot sauce or tabasco sauce to the mixture.
How To Store Air Fryer Cheesy Hot Crab Dip
Storing dips, whether they are made of mayonnaise or sour cream, can be difficult. But with the right storage container and refrigeration technique, it is easy to keep dip fresh for up to one week.
You will need a container that has an airtight seal – like Tupperware. If you don’t have any containers with an airtight seal, wrap aluminum foil around your bowl or dish to create a tight seal (make sure not too much liquid touches the aluminum).
What To Serve Air Fryer Cheesy Hot Crab Dip With:
Air fryer cheesy hot crab dip is a delicious appetizer that will keep your guests coming back for more. What should you serve this dish with? Some suggestions are below, and see what seems like the best pairing to you!
- Vegetables, carrots, celery, peppers, cherry tomatoes, or cucumbers
- Crostini, Crusty Bread, Baguettes
Helpful Products Used In Making This Recipe:
Instant Vortex Plus 7-in-1 Air Fryer Oven: Instant Vortex Plus 7-in-1 Air Fryer Oven with built-in Smart Cooking Programs, Digital Touchscreen, Easy to Clean Basket, 10 Quart Capacity, and a Stainless Finish
Cast Iron Dip Pan: Lodge Oval casserole, 2 Quart, Blue
More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER FROZEN MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS
- AIR FRYER CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES
- EASY AIR FRYER PITA CHIPS
- AIR FRYER KETO MAPLE BACON CRACK
- AIR FRYER CLASSIC CHICKEN TENDERS (TENDERLOINS)
- EASY AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS
- 4 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
- Fold in the crabmeat, cheddar cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Pour the dip into an air fryer-safe ramekin or casserole dish.
- Set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Tips for Air Fryer Hot Crab Dip
This is a great recipe can. The air fryer does an amazing job at perfectly cooking it up! You can use any air fryer that you own for this recipe, either basket or oven model. The recipe will work the same.
The timing will vary based on how big your container is; the larger the container, the longer it will take to cook up. So, watch your crab dip in the air fryer as it bakes up.
Make sure to drain the crab meat. Otherwise, you will end up with a soggy dip. Use our hands and pick through the crab to ensure that there are no shells in the meat.
If you want to make this a bit spicer, add some hot sauce or tabasco sauce to the mixture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.