Hot crab dip is a savory dish that can be served as an appetizer or a meal. It’s perfect for any occasion and has only a few ingredients, making it easy to make! This recipe teaches you how to make the best hot crab dip ever.
Do you want to spice up your next party? This crab hot crab dip is a crowd-pleaser, and it’s so easy to make! It only takes about 10 minutes, and the ingredients are simple. The best part of this recipe is that you can switch out the crab for other seafood, like shrimp or scallops, depending on your guests’ preference!
This was all baked up perfectly in the Air Fryer!
Oh, So good!
If you are looking for even more AIr Fyrer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER FROZEN MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS, AIR FRYER CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES, AIR FRYER PITA CHIPS, and AIR FRYER KETO MAPLE BACON CRACK.
What Is Crab Dip?
Have you ever been to a party and had crab dip served as an appetizer? I know some people don’t like the seafood flavor, but those who love it can’t get enough of this creamy dish. What is crab dip? Well, it’s made from cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and a few seasonings. But the show’s real star today is both the cheddar cheese, which makes it nice and gooey and the lump crab meat, which gives it a great texture.
If you’re a fan of crab, then this recipe is for you! You can also add other ingredients like chopped onion and scallion to the mixture to make it your own. This easy appetizer will please even the pickiest eaters at your next party!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cheesy Hot Crab Dip
Are you looking for a delicious appetizer to serve at your next at-home gathering? Look no further than this cheesy hot crab dip – the perfect recipe to share with family or friends! An air fryer isn’t necessary, but it will give you a fantastic crunchy texture and add that extra layer of flavor. This scrumptious dish only requires a few simple ingredients and can be served in 30 minutes, making it the perfect weekday or weekend treat! Read on to learn more about what you need to whip up this perfect party appetizer.
Remember the full instructions and ingredients below in the printable recipe card.
- Crab: You can use fresh crab meat, real crab meat, jumbo lump crab, or imitation crab meat.
- Cream Cheese: Use room temperature cream cheese. You can use low-fat or full-fat cream cheese.
- Mayonnaise: Use low-fat or regular mayo.
- Cheese: Use Cheddar Cheese or Parmesan Cheese
- Seasonings and Spices: Old Bay Seasoning, Worcestershire Sauce, Ground Mustard, Garlic Powder, Lemon Juice, Salt, and Black Pepper.
How To Make The Best Hot Crab Dip Recipe
Step One: Beat the cream cheese with a hand or stand mixer in a medium bowl until smooth. For best results, start with room-temperature cream cheese.
Step Two: Add the remaining ingredients, except for the crab meat, and save ½ cup of cheddar cheese for the topping.
Step Three: Beat for about a minute until the ingredients are well combined before folding in the crab meat. Spread the mix in a quart-sized baking dish and place it in the air fryer (I sit the dish right on my air fryer basket).
Step Four: Set the cooking time for 5 minutes at 375 degrees f, remove from the air fryer and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Return to the air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes (still at 375) or until you get melty cheese on top. Remove and serve with bagel crisps, wonton chips, crackers, tortilla chips, and your favorite dipping foods!
What Is Lump Crab Meat?
Lump crab meat is the most popular type of crab meat. It consists of pieces of white or red-shelled crabs, which may include claws and legs. The texture ranges from medium to very firm, depending on how you cooked it. Today you can use lump crab meat in many dishes like salads, casseroles, seafood pasta, soups, and stews that call for canned crabmeat.
For classic recipes like Crab Louie or New England Clam Chowder, you will need to use fresh lump crab meat rather than canned lump crab meat because the chunks are too large for these recipes when packaged as canned products. Crab season is from October to January, so make sure you stock up on fresh crab at your local grocery store.
Pro Tip For The Best Crab Meat Dip
- The air fryer does a fantastic job at perfectly cooking it up! You can use any air fryer you own for this recipe, either basket or oven model. The recipe will work the same.
- The timing will vary based on your container size; the larger the container, the longer it will take to cook up. So, watch your crab dip in the air fryer as it bakes up.
- Make sure to drain the crab meat. Otherwise, you will end up with a soggy dip. Use our hands and pick through the crab to ensure no shells in the meat.
- Add some hot sauce, cayenne pepper, tabasco sauce, and sweet chili sauce to make this a bit spicier.
How To Store Air Fryer Cheesy Hot Crab Dip
Storing dips can be difficult, whether made of mayonnaise or sour cream. But with the right storage container and refrigeration technique, it is easy to keep dip fresh for up to one week.
You will need a container that has an airtight seal – like Tupperware. Transfer mixture to a container with an airtight seal, or warp the casserole dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
What To Serve With Crab Dip
Air fryer cheesy hot crab dip is a delicious appetizer that will keep your guests coming back for more. What should you serve this dish with? Some suggestions are below, and see what seems like the best pairing to you!
- Vegetables, carrots, celery sticks, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, green onions, or cucumbers
- Crostini, Crusty Bread, Baguettes
Helpful Products Used In Making This Recipe:
Instant Vortex Plus 7-in-1 Air Fryer Oven: Instant Vortex Plus 7-in-1 Air Fryer Oven with built-in Smart Cooking Programs, Digital Touchscreen, Easy to Clean Basket, 10 Quart Capacity, and a Stainless Finish
Cast Iron Dip Pan: Lodge Oval casserole, 2 Quart, Blue
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER FROZEN MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS
- AIR FRYER CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES
- EASY AIR FRYER PITA CHIPS
- AIR FRYER KETO MAPLE BACON CRACK
- AIR FRYER CLASSIC CHICKEN TENDERS (TENDERLOINS)
- EASY AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS
Give your guests an appetizer they won't forget by serving this Air Fryer Cheesy Hot Crab Dip. The perfect blend of spicy, creamy, and crunchy will have everyone returning for more!
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Beat the cream cheese with a hand or stand mixer in a large bowl until smooth.
Add the remaining ingredients, except for the crab meat and saving ½ cup of cheddar cheese for the topping.
Beat for about a minute until the ingredients are well combined before folding in the crab meat.
Spread the mix in a quart-sized baking dish and place it in the air fryer (I sit the dish right on my air fryer basket).
Set the cooking time for 5 minutes at 375 degrees f, remove from the air fryer and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Return to the air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes (still at 375) or until you get melty cheese on top.
Remove and serve with bagel crisps, wonton chips, crackers, tortilla chips, and your favorite dipping foods!
Leave a Reply