This is a great recipe that’s an amazing addition to any meal, it’s perfect for any party, get together, football tailgating party. I’m a huge fan of homemade dips, rather than store-bought since most of you know that I have two teenage sons, who are constantly eating. So, dips are the perfect addition to snack time. We love appetizers and dips in my house, they make for a quick and easy snack for after school, or in between hockey games.
This makes a perfect addition to any BBQ, graduation party, picnics, and other family occasions, using the air fryer, this recipe only took about 10 minutes. The air fryer has become one of my best and most used appliances in the Kitchen (besides my Instant Pots). The air fryer has replaced my toaster, oven, and microwave. If you are looking for an air fryer, this is the first one I get, and although it’s not a huge widely noted brand, it has worked amazing and my basket has not rusted or peeled, like my other brands.
Football and hockey are on at this time (season) in my house all day, the kids love watching sports and eating. My youngest son, Jason watches the Browns and Patriots every time the games are on. My oldest son, Ethan loves watching hockey, but his favorites are the Bruins and Flyers. This would be an amazing recipe for the Superbowl, so pin it for later.
In my house, sports is all about the food, so no matter what Saturday or Sunday you come over, there is always plenty of food spread out in my kitchen, which creeps into the TV room.
This dip is no exception, it’s a layered dip, that starts with a base layer of caramelized onions, and then is completed with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Air Fryer, Homemade French Onion Dip
This is a really easy dipped, that is easily prepared in the air fryer.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 cup beef broth
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated Paremsan cheese
- Start by cutting your onions into thin slices.
- Then place the butter and cut-up onions into a small skillet. Cook, until the onions are caramelized, and start to turn golden brown, season with garlic salt and thyme.
- Mix in the beef broth, and continue to saute everything, until most of the beef broth evaporates
- Then get out your air fryer safe pan, and toss the onions mixture at the bottom.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/4 of a cup of the shredded and the Parmesan cheese.
- spread that over the onion mixture. Finish it off with the rest of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Set in the air fryer basket and set the time for 9 minutes at 250 degrees F. After the 5 minutes. Check to see if it is bubbling
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer recipes air fryer whole onion vegan air fryer blooming onion air fryer blooming onion ww air fryer onion rings