Air Fryer Caramel Chocolate Popcorn — Air Fryer Caramel Chocolate Popcorn is a delicious, simple recipe for an air fryer. You can whip it up in minutes, and it’s guaranteed to please your family!
Air Fryer Caramel Chocolate Popcorn is one of the most delicious snacks you can make in your air fryer! Oh, so good! Today, I made this for my kids for an afterschool snack, and they were in heaven!
While everyone is making great fall meals in their air fryer, I wanted to kick it up a notch and celebrate the kids going back to school! It’s been a long road for everyone, and this celebration snack mix will please the children and the parents, teachers, and loved ones as well!
So, make a batch and share it with everyone!
This is also a versatile recipe, so if you want to make this gluten-free, low-carb friendly, etc. You can make a few substitutions so that everyone can enjoy this batch of homemade Air Fryer Caramel Chocolate Popcorn.
While you are drooling over the pictures of this batch, I wanted to share with you a few of my other favorite Air Fryer Snack Recipes, such as AIR FRYER CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES, AIR FRYER PITA CHIPS, AIR FRYER KETO MAPLE BACON CRACK, and AIR FRYER PARMESAN CRUSTED ZUCCHINI CRISPS.
What Is Caramel Corn?
Caramel corn is nothing more than regular popped popcorn that has been covered with caramel sauce. Whether that caramel sauce is homemade or store-bought, the recipe will work the same.
What you end up with is a very sweet-tasting popcorn that resembles candy.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Caramel Chocolate Popcorn
- Popped Popcorn
- Chocolate Bar
- Mini Marshmallows
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
How To Make Air Fryer Caramel Chocolate Popcorn
Mix the popcorn, almonds, and pretzels in a large baking sheet, air fryer basket, or tray bowl.
Melt the butter, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla together over medium heat until it boils in a medium pot. Boil for 5 minutes (a candy thermometer should reach 240° F), then immediately mix in the vinegar and baking soda, whisk well.
Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn mixture and stir to coat.
Transfer the sheet pan to the air fryer basket or tray, and air fry for 4 to 6 minutes, at 250 degrees F, air fryer setting, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes before stirring in the chopped chocolate bar and marshmallows.
Allow cooling completely before dividing into lidded containers. The caramel corn will keep for about seven days at room temperature.
- This recipe will work in any Air Fryer Basket or Oven Model. This recipe will also work with the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, GoWise, PowerXL, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and the Mealthy Lid. The cooking time will vary somewhat.
- For best results, if you are using a basket Air Fryer Model, line your basket with either parchment paper or use a reusable silicone liner.
- Wait for the popcorn to cool down before adding your chocolate unless it is melted into the popcorn.
- The cooking time will vary, so watch your Air Fryer Caramel Chocolate Popcorn as it cooks up.
- Shake the basket sevaral times during the cooking process.
While today, I used almonds, you can use various combinations of nuts or peanuts.
Some great options include:
What Popcorn To Use?
There is nothing wrong with any popcorn that you use, and you can either pop it yourself or purchase a bag of popcorn to use.
If you pop your popcorn, remember to sort the popcorn from popped to unpopped.
About The Caramel Sauce:
Today, I made a great homemade caramel sauce, but I wanted to mention that you can also purchase caramel sauce and use the bottled version for this recipe. I have not used it, but the recipe should work the same.
If you have never prepared caramel sauce before, the critical thing to remember when making it is to continue to stir so it doesn’t burn.
How to Keep Caramel Corn Crisp
This is a great recipe to have on hand, but the key is to keep it crispy. No one loves to eat soggy popcorn.
To keep your Air Fryer Caramel Chocolate Popcorn crispy, after you make it (and your fill), make sure it’s cooled to room temperature and then place it into an airtight container or Ziploc Bag.
How Long Does It Last?
For best results, try to consume it within three days. Otherwise, it will become stale.
More Air Fryer Snack Recipes:
- AIR FRYER PIZZA HUT BREADSTICKS
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE FRENCH BREAD PIZZA
- EASY AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN FRIES
- AIR FRYER JALAPENO POPPER STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- AIR FRYER EASY CRISPY FRIED TORTELLINI
- EASY AIR FRYER CHEESY HAM & PICKLE EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER IRISH POTATO NACHOS
- AIR FRYER LOADED BBQ CHICKEN NACHOS
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup pretzels
- 3-ounce chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons melted butter (unsalted)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla pure extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix the popcorn, almonds, and pretzels in a large baking sheet, air fryer basket, or tray bowl.
- Melt the butter, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla together over medium heat until it boils in a medium pot. Boil for 5 minutes (a candy thermometer should reach 240° F), then immediately mix in the vinegar and baking soda, whisk well.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn mixture and stir to coat.
- Transfer the sheet pan to the air fryer basket or tray, and air fry for 4 to 6 minutes, at 250 degrees F, air fryer setting, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes before stirring in the chopped chocolate bar and marshmallows.
- Allow cooling completely before dividing into lidded containers. The caramel corn will keep for about 7 days at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 584Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 1078mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 4gSugar: 34gProtein: 8g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.