If you’re looking for a quick, easier way to make delicious caramel corn that the whole family will love, then look no further!
This air fryer caramel corn is an incredibly simple recipe – all it takes is five minutes of prep and a few minutes of cooking. Plus, it’s made in the air fryer so there’s no mess to clean up afterward. The flavor combination of salty and sweet will have everyone asking for more! Ready to learn how easy this tasty snack can be? Let’s get started!
What Is Caramel Corn?
Caramel corn is a sweet snack made by coating popcorn in a mixture of caramelized sugar, butter, and often other flavorings such as vanilla or salt. The popcorn is typically baked or roasted in the oven until the caramel coating is crispy and crunchy.
Caramel corn can be enjoyed as a standalone snack, or it can be used as a topping for ice cream or other desserts. It is a popular snack food in the United States, particularly during the fall and winter months when it is often served at festivals, fairs, and other events.
Why This Is The Best Caramel Corn Recipe
- The perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors: A great caramel corn recipe will have a perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors so that the sweetness of the caramel coating is not overwhelming.
- Crispy and crunchy texture: The caramel coating should be crispy and crunchy, while the popcorn should be tender and airy.
- Easy to make: A great caramel corn recipe should be easy to follow and not require too many complicated steps or ingredients.
- Customizable: A great caramel corn recipe should also be customizable so that you can add your personal touches, such as nuts, chocolate, or spices.
- Consistency: The recipe should produce consistent results every time it is made so you can rely on it for a delicious snack.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Caramel Popcorn
If you’re looking for a delicious and health-conscious snack to munch on, then air fryer caramel popcorn should be your go-to! Combining the salty and sweet taste of popped corn kernels with indulgent homemade caramel sauce will make your mouth water—it’s the perfect way to satisfy a craving while sticking to some healthier meal choices.
Air frying this crispy treat gives it less fat than traditional methods, but just as much flavor. With just a few ingredients required, making this tasty bite couldn’t be easier; read on to learn how you can prepare air fryer caramel popcorn in no time at all.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Popcorn: Any kind, already popped and cooled. Store-bought popcorn works as well.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter that has been melted.
- Brown Sugar; Use light or dark brown sugar
- Vanilla Extract: For some additional flavor.
- Baking Soda
How To Make Caramel Popcorn Air Fryer
Do you love the smell and taste of freshly popped popcorn? Now, you can enjoy that same flavor with a little extra crunchy sweetness added through homemade caramel popcorn! Caramel Popcorn is an indulgent treat that everyone loves, but making it can be quite time-consuming. Not anymore!
With this easy-to-follow Caramel Popcorn Air Fryer recipe, you can whip up a batch of delicious caramel popcorn in just minutes. No more heating pots over the stove – this method utilizes your air fryer – so all you have to do is set it and forget it! Read on to learn how to make perfect Caramel Popcorn every single time from the comfort of your own kitchen.
Step One: Prepare The Caramel Sauce
Add the butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and baking soda to a medium-sized, microwave-safe mixing bowl. Place in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until the mixture bubbles.
Step Two: Toss The Caramel Sauce With The Popcorn
Then pour the bubbling mixture onto the popcorn, use tongs, and toss so the popcorn is well coated.
Step Three: Air Fry
Pour the popcorn mixture onto the air fryer tray, and set it into the air fryer for 5 minutes at 250 degrees F. After the 5 minutes, use tongs and flip the popcorn, and then air fry for another 5 to 8 minutes.
Pro Tips For Making Caramel Popcorn In Air Fryer
Making caramel popcorn in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to achieve perfectly coated, crispy popcorn. Here are some pro tips to help you make the best caramel popcorn in an air fryer:
- Use an oil mister: Lightly coat the popcorn with oil instead of brushing the air fryer basket with oil. This will help the caramel stick to the popcorn and prevent it from sticking to the basket.
- Use brown sugar: Brown sugar adds a deeper, more complex flavor to caramel popcorn than white sugar.
- Add vanilla extract: Adding a splash of vanilla extract to the caramel mixture can add a delicious depth of flavor to the caramel popcorn.
- Cook in batches: Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket and cook the popcorn in batches. This will ensure that the popcorn cooks evenly and the caramel coating is evenly distributed.
- Stir frequently: Stir the popcorn every 3-4 minutes during cooking to ensure that the caramel coating is evenly distributed and that the popcorn does not burn.
- Let it cool: Let the caramel popcorn cool completely before serving. This will allow the caramel coating to harden and become crispy.
Following these pro tips, you can make perfectly coated, crispy caramel popcorn in an air fryer that will be a hit at your next party or movie night.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use microwave popcorn to make caramel corn?
Yes, you can use microwave popcorn to make caramel corn. Pop the popcorn according to the package instructions and then make the caramel coating.
Can I use a different sweetener instead of sugar?
You can use a different sweetener instead of brown sugar, such as honey or maple syrup. Keep in mind that the flavor and texture of the caramel coating may be slightly different.
Can I make caramel corn without an air fryer?
Yes, you can make caramel corn without an air fryer. Simply spread the popcorn on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven until the caramel coating is crispy and golden brown.
Can I add nuts or other toppings to my caramel corn?
Yes, you can add nuts, chocolate chips, or other toppings to your caramel corn to customize the flavor. Simply stir the toppings into the caramel mixture before pouring it over the popcorn.
How do I store leftover caramel corn?
To store leftover caramel corn, place it in an airtight container or resealable bag and store at room temperature for up to 5 days. If the caramel coating becomes soft, you can reheat the popcorn in the air fryer at 250°F (120°C) for 10-15 minutes to restore its crispness.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER SCALLION PANCAKES
- AIR FRYER CRISPY SHRIMP
- KETO AIR FRYER PICKLES
- AIR FRYER NAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
- AIR FRYER ST. LOUIS-STYLE SPARE RIBS
Air Fryer Caramel Popcorn
- 8 cups popcorn, popped
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a medium-sized, microwave safe, mixing bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and baking soda.
- Place in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until the mixture is bubbling.
- Then pour the bubbling mixture onto the popcorn, use tongs, and toss, so the popcorn is well coated.
- Pour the popcorn mixture onto the air fryer tray, set into the air fryer for 5 minutes at 250 degrees F. After the 5 minutes, use tongs and flip the popcorn and then air fry for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer