Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon is perfectly seared with crispy bacon and juicy steak. Whip up a filet mignon in the air fryer in a matter of minutes!
Bacon Wrapped Steak
Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon is the ultimate in carnivorous decadence! This dish is for the meat connoisseur with a taste for something extraordinary. Air fryer filet mignon is not only mouthwatering to look at, but it tastes even better than it looks! Today, I will show you how to make this delicious and classic meal right in your air fryer!
The essential ingredient in this recipe is bacon, and what cooks up bacon better than the air fryer? The key is that the bacon keeps the steak moist and flavorful as it cooks up! It’s a great recipe where you can air fryer it, broil it, or even grill it!
This bacon wrapped steak will wow your dinner guests. Seared on the outside with a beautiful pink interior, you won’t be able to stop eating this air fryer dish!
If you are looking for some other easy and delicious Air Fryer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BLACK PEPPER STEAK KABOB, AIR FRYER FILET MIGNON, AIR FRYER TRI-TIP STEAK RECIPE, and AIR FRYER ROAST BEEF.
Why You’ll Love Filet Mignon In The Air Fryer
- It’s super flavorful
- Only 8 ingredients
- Less than 30 minutes
- Easy dinner idea
- Great for entertaining
What Is Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon?
Bacon-wrapped filet mignon is a popular dish made with beef steak and bacon. It is prepared by wrapping the bacon around the meat before cooking.
The result of this combination is a fantastic meal that can be served for any occasion, including holidays! A great and easy Christmas or Thanksgiving recipe that will wow anyone!
Ingredients Needed For Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
- Filet Mignon Steaks
- Thick Cut Bacon
- English Mustard
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Minced Onions
How To Cook Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon In Air Fryer
Step 1: Prep the bacon wrapped filet
Brush filets with English mustard on all sides. In a small bowl or ramekin, combine salt, pepper, onion powder, minced onion, and paprika. Season the top and bottom sides of the filets with the seasoning mix and let rest for 15 minutes. While the steak is resting, place toothpicks in a bowl of water to soak.
Step 2: Air fry bacon wrapped steak
Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F for 5 minutes, air fryer setting. Wrap steaks with bacon. Use 1-2 slices depending on the thickness of the steak. Secure the ends of the bacon with a toothpick.
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Add the steak to the air fryer basket, then cook for 12 minutes total. Be sure to stop halfway through cooking and flip the steaks over.
***We cooked the steaks to medium-rare (145°F) using these cooking times. Adjust cooking time for the desired temp. Add 1 minute for medium, and 2 minutes for medium-well.
Step 3: Rest, Serve, and Enjoy!
Allow bacon wrapped steak to rest on a wooden cutting board for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Tips For Making The Perfect Air Fryer Filet Mignon Steak
- Start with room temperature meat. This way, the bacon wrapped filet will be more evenly cooked, and you’ll get tender slices of Filet Mignon.
- Wait for about 5 minutes before slicing into the Filet Mignon after it cooks. This will allow all of the juices to run to the middle, causing better and juicier pieces of steak.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the air fryer filet mignon accurately. You should measure the internal temperature of the thickest part of the steak.
- The internal temperature of a cooked Filet Mignon varies by how raw you want your steak.
- This recipe will work in any Air Fryer Basket, Air Fryer Oven, Ninja Foodi, GoWise, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and even the Mealthy Lid.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the point of making bacon wrapped steak?
There are many reasons why a person would choose to make bacon wrapped steak. Some people do it for the sake of flavor, others for the sake of tradition. However, there is one thing that all cooks can agree on: bacon makes everything better! A few minutes in an air fryer, and you will have a flavorful meal waiting for you to enjoy.
Not only do you get the extra piece of bacon (always a plus), but the bacon adds a lot of flavor. And as the bacon cooks up, the grease keeps the steak moist, tender and juicy.
Do I have to soak the toothpicks?
Yes, you must soak your toothpicks in water for the air fryer for about 10 minutes before adding them to the steak. This prevents them from burning or catching fire in the air fryer.
How Long To Cook Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
The actual time to cook your steak will depend on a few factors, mainly the thickness of your cut of meat and which air fryer you are using.
For best results, use a meat thermometer and check the temperature in the thickest part of the filet.
The USDA’s guidelines for steak are:
- Medium Rare: 135 degrees F
- Medium: 145 degrees F
- Medium Well: 150 degrees F
- Well Done: 160 degrees F
What To Serve With Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon?
Air Fryer filet mignon is not only delicious but also one of the most popular dishes served. With a bacon-wrapped filet, you can’t forget to serve your favorite side dish! Check out our guide for serving suggestions below:
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes or Air Fryer French Fries and green beans are perfect for dipping in the bacon grease left behind from cooking the meat.
- Instant Pot Mashed potatoes with cheese sauce make an amazing pairing with this dish because they soak up all that yummy bacon grease.
- Air Fryer Macaroni and Cheese will be great if you want something simple on the side to go along with this dish.
Some Great Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes:
- AIR FRYER POTATO WEDGES
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS SWEET POTATOES
- INSTANT POT BAKED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER CURRY ROASTED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER SPICY OVEN FRENCH FRIES
- EASY AIR FRYER HOMEMADE BBQ POTATO CHIPS
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
- 5 prime beef filets
- 2 tablespoon English mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 pound thick cut bacon, 5 slices
- Brush filets with English mustard on all sides.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, combine salt, pepper, onion powder, minced onion, and paprika. Season top and bottom sides of the filets with the seasoning mix and let rest for 15 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, place toothpicks in a bowl of water to soak.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370* for 5 minutes.
- Wrap steaks with bacon. Use 1-2 slices depending on the thickness of the steak. Secure the ends of the bacon with a toothpick.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Add the steak to the air fryer basket—Cook for 12 minutes total. Be sure to stop halfway through cooking and flip the steaks over. ***We cooked the steaks to medium-rare (145*) using these cooking times. Adjust cooking time for the desired temp. Add 1 minute for medium, 2 minutes for medium-well.
- Allow steak to rest on a wooden cutting board for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer