Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer. I asked the air fryer group, and everyone wanted more chicken breasts (Boneless breast of chicken recipes), so I am going to do my best, to do one a day, I love chicken and it’s a healthy lunch for me to make for myself, while the children are in school.
Boneless breast of chicken is one of the most common types of chicken in the United States. They are low fat and are very versatile, as they take on the flavor of whatever you decide to sauce them with.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of chicken orange chicken, but better, because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
The buttermilk adds a great coating to the chicken, which prevents it from drying out. The buttermilk also acts as a tenderizer, so soaking the chicken overnight or for a few hours, makes your chicken nice and moist.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Honey Pecan Chicken Breast
Such an easy way to give great flavor to ordinary chicken breasts. The honey and pecans really bring out a great flavor in the chicken.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 2-4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2–4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4–6 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2–3 tablespoons honey
- Start by laying out your chicken on a cutting board.
- In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Remember this is going to be your seasoning it’s important to generously season the chicken breasts.
- Generously season the chicken breasts.
- Meanwhile, spray your air fryer basket with olive oil. See my recommendations in the items used.
- Set your seasoned chicken breasts inside the air fryer basket.
- Generously spray the chicken breasts with olive oil. You need to generously spray it, they should be covered. If you miss pieces of the chicken breasts, you will notice that you will get white spots. This is because the chicken has tried out.
- Set your time for 7 minutes.
- Set your temperature for 370 degrees F.
- After 7 minutes, flip the chicken, and set for another 5 minutes.
- VERY IMPORTANT–The exact time will depend on a number of factors including the thickness of your chicken, the type of air fryer you own, etc.
So, use a MEAT THERMOMETER and check
The safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius)
- Once your chicken is fully cooked, remove them from the air fryer basket, and set on a plate.
- To make your pecan topping, grab a handful of pecans and place them in a Ziploc bag and crush them, with either your hands or a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle them on top of the chicken and then drizzle honey on top.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!