Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries –– Who doesn’t love a healthy side dish? Today, I made a great batch of Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash Zig Zags In the Air Fryer, and the kids loved them! Delicious, fast and so tasty!
This is a great alternative to regular French Fries. Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries are amazing! Crispy on the outside and perfectly roasted on the inside. This is a great and healthy side dish to any meal.
Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries
I am always looking for more vegetable recipes to do with my air fryer, so I stumbled upon these at my Trader Joe’s, and I had to get them; I love a great piece of Air Fryer Butternut Squash, so I thought they would be awesome, and you know what they were.
You only need a few ingredients to get a great serving of Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries.
Butternut Squash Fries Recipe Ingredients
Move over, French fries. Butternut squash fries are in town, and they’re poised to steal the show. These delicious and nutritious fries are perfect for a quick snack or a side dish at your next meal. Plus, they’re easy to make! Most major grocery stores sell them already cut up, which is amazing since you don’t even have to worry about cutting them. I have seen them at both Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and Wegmans.
- Butternut Squash
- Olive Oil Spray or Avacado Spray: Make sure you use high-heat oil, so you don’t get a lot of smoke, coming out of your air fryer!
- Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper and add your favorite seasonings! I gave you a few great suggestions below!
How To Cook Butternut Squash Fries In Air Fryer
Start by cutting your butternut squash into fry shapes. This is great step-by-step instruction on how to do it. Pour them into a bowl, add the olive oil, seasonings, salt, and black pepper, mix well.
How Long To Air Fry Butternut Squash Fries?
Place the Butternut Squash Fries into the Air Fryer Basket, set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 14 minutes, shaking the basket frequently as they cook.
How To Serve Butternut Squash Fries
These are a great and easy side dish for almost every meal. Today I was serving it with my Air Fryer Turkey, so I added a bit of sage to tie the two dishes together. But you can use any seasonings you like, which pair well with anything.
Other toppings would include traditional granola, pumpkin seeds, or anything nutty on top.
Can You Use Frozen Butternut Squash?
I do love a great bag of frozen Butternut Squash, but for this recipe, because they have already been frozen, they will be too watery. It’s best to stick to fresh for this recipe.
Do You Have to Peel Butternut Squash?
For this recipe, it’s best if you peel the squash. Otherwise, the fries will never crisp up. Since it does not take much time or effort, it’s best to peel them before cutting them into French Fries.
How To Make Butternut Squash Fries Crispy?
If you’re looking for a delicious, healthy side dish to serve at your next get-together, look no further than butternut squash fries! They’re easy to make and always a hit with guests. But what’s the best way to make them crispy? Check out our tips below!
- Make sure that the fries are thinly coated with oil. This really helps the fries crips up.
- Continue to cook the squash fries, until they are crispy!
Seasonings Spices That Go Well With Butternut Squash
Do you love butternut squash? If so, you’re in for a real treat with this recipe roundup. We’ve collected some of the best spice combinations to enjoy with butternut squash – from savory to sweet!
- Spices: Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, Cardamom, Rosemary, or Sage
- Sweet: Brown Sugar, Honey, Maple Syrup, or even Agave
- Savory: Bacon Bits, Pasta, Eggs, or Nuts.
Are Butternut Squash Fries Keto-Friendly?
If you’re on the keto diet, you know that finding keto-friendly snacks can be a challenge. Butternut squash fries are a great alternative to traditional fries, and they’re keto-friendly too!
A cup of butternut squash fries has about 15 net carbs. So, while not low-carb, you can enjoy some on your keto and low-carb diet.
More Air Fryer Squash Recipes?
If you love my recipe for air fryer squash fries, make sure to check out some of these other easy squash recipes! This is one of the best butternut squash zig zags recipes!
- AIR FRYER-ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH SAGE AND THYME
- INSTANT POT ACORN SQUASH
- INSTANT POT-CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries
- 1 pound butternut squash
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Garlic & Parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
You acn also use cut Zig-Zag Squash Fries From Trader Joes.
- tart by cutting your butternut squash into fry shapes. This is a great step-by-step instruction on how to do it. Pour them into a bowl, add the olive oil, seasonings, salt, and black pepper, mix well.
- Place the Butternut Squash Fries into the Air Fryer Basket, set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 14 minutes, shaking the basket frequently as they cook.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer