Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of take out chicken, but better because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful, and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light, and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
This is one of the tastiest and easiest chicken dishes to make in the air fryer, it’s low in sugar, Gluten Free, part of the KETO diet, and sugar-free. It’s a must-do recipe.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Grilled Chicken Thighs with Brown Sugar Glaze
This is a very easy recipe, with lots of taste. It is great for a mid-week meal because it doesn’t require many ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 4 chicken thighs (with or without the skin)
Brown Sugar Glaze:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 2 tablespoons fresh or minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by gathering all of your items for the marinade, most of them are probably already in your pantry.
- Start by adding the soy sauce to a large mixing bowl.
- Then add the brown sugar.
- Add the honey, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and garlic. to the mixing bowl.
- Add your spices and mix well.
- Then add your chicken into the marinade, then chill for about an hour.
- After an hour or so, add the chicken to the air fryer basket.
- Set your time for 8 minutes, at 360 degrees. After 8 minutes flip the chicken thighs and add 6 minutes to the time.
- Check your chicken before you remove it from the air fryer basket, it needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, otherwise, you will get ill.
- After your chicken is fully cooked, remove from the air fryer basket.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer chicken thighs brown sugar chicken breast air fryer teriyaki chicken thighs in air fryer air fryer chicken thighs and vegetables air fryer chicken breast ninja air fryer fried chicken thighs ninja foodi bbq chicken thighs air fryer chicken thighs and potatoes