Blackstone Griddle Hot Dogs — Are you ready to tantalize your taste buds with the most delicious hot dogs around? Get ready for some finger-lickin’ goodness when you fire up your Blackstone Griddle and start cooking hot dogs.
Whether you’re firing up a casual summer BBQ or having a sophisticated family dinner, these grilled delights will surely be the highlight of any occasion. We’ll show you how to make perfect hot dogs on your griddle every time, unlocking flavors that will keep everyone coming back for more. See why Blackstone Griddles are one of the best ways to prepare a classic cookout favorite!
Why Cook Hot Dogs On Flat Top Grill
Cooking hot dogs on a flat-top grill offers several advantages, making it a popular choice. Here are some reasons why cooking hot dogs on a flat-top grill is preferred:
- Even Cooking: The flat top grill provides a large, evenly heated surface, ensuring the hot dogs cook evenly from all sides. This helps to achieve consistent results and prevents any undercooked or overcooked spots.
- Retains Juiciness: The flat top grill allows the hot dogs to retain their natural juiciness. As the hot dogs cook, they stay moist and juicy, enhancing the overall flavor and texture.
- Enhanced Flavor: Cooking hot dogs on a flat-top grill can add a delicious caramelized flavor and slight char to the surface. Direct contact with the hot surface helps develop a desirable smoky and savory taste.
- Versatility: Flat-top grills offer versatility in cooking various foods, making them suitable for preparing a variety of hot dog toppings. You can easily sauté onions, peppers, or other toppings on the same grill, ensuring everything is perfectly cooked and maximizing efficiency.
- Convenience: Flat-top grills often heat up quickly and provide a spacious cooking surface, allowing you to cook multiple hot dogs simultaneously. This makes it an efficient choice, especially when cooking for a larger group or during gatherings.
- Easy Cleanup: Cleaning a flat-top grill can be relatively easy. Most flat-top grills have a removable grease trap or a built-in drip tray that collects any excess fat or drippings, making cleanup convenient.
- Customizable Toppings: With a flat-top grill, you can add a personal touch to your hot dogs by customizing the toppings. You can experiment with different condiments, sauces, and toppings to create unique flavor combinations.
- Visual Appeal: Cooking hot dogs on a flat-top grill can create an appealing visual presentation. The grill marks and slight char give the hot dogs an appetizing appearance, adding to the overall enjoyment of the meal.
Cooking hot dogs on a flat-top grill offers consistent and flavorful results while providing versatility and convenience. It’s a popular method for achieving delicious and perfectly cooked hot dogs enjoyed by people of all ages.
Ingredients Needed For Blackstone Hot Dogs
Nothing says summer is like grilling out and enjoying smoky, savory hot dogs. Blackstone hot dogs offer an extra flavor thanks to a unique combination of condiments that perfectly balance sweet and savory. Whether you’re planning a family barbeque or just looking for something tasty to snack on after school, these will surely hit the spot!
Below, we’ll discuss what ingredients are needed to make classic Blackstone Hot Dogs, plus some tips and tricks for making them even more flavorful. Keep reading to learn how to create your own delicious version of this grilled favorite!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page and the nutritional information.
To cook delicious hot dogs on a Blackstone grill, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Hot dog buns: Choose your favorite type of hot dog buns, such as classic soft buns or toasted ones, for added texture.
- Hot dogs: Select high-quality hot dogs that suit your preferences. For those with dietary restrictions, various options are available, including beef, pork, chicken, turkey, or vegetarian hot dogs.
- Condiments: Gather your preferred condiments to enhance the flavor of the hot dogs. Common condiments include ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, relish, sauerkraut, diced onions, and chopped pickles.
- Toppings: Consider a variety of your favorite toppings to add extra taste and texture to your hot dogs. Popular toppings include shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapeños, chopped bacon, guacamole, or coleslaw.
- Optional extras: If you want to elevate your hot dog experience, you can also gather additional ingredients like chili, BBQ sauce, caramelized onions, or specialty mustards to provide unique flavors.
These ingredients will allow you to customize your hot dogs according to your taste preferences and create a delicious and satisfying meal. Don’t forget to pair your hot dogs with your favorite side dishes for a complete meal.
Cooking Hot Dogs On Blackstone Griddle
When it comes to hot dogs, there’s one classic that reigns supreme: the flat top griddle hot dog. The cooking process could not be any easier. If you have been looking for a great way to cook juicy hot dogs, the following method works amazing!
Cooking hot dogs on a Blackstone griddle is a simple and delicious process. Follow these steps to achieve perfectly grilled hot dogs:
Step One: Preheat The Blackstone Griddle
Preheat your Blackstone griddle to medium-high or medium heat. It’s important to ensure the griddle is hot before placing the hot dogs on it.
Step Two: Prepare the Hot Dogs (Optional)
While the griddle is preheating, make a few shallow diagonal cuts along their length. This helps the hot dogs cook evenly and prevents them from curling.
Step Three: Place the Hot Dogs on the Blackstone
Place the hot dogs on the preheated griddle, positioning them diagonally across the griddle surface. This allows for more even cooking and ensures nice grill marks.
Step Four: Cook the Hot Dogs
Let the hot dogs cook for approximately 5-7 minutes, turning them occasionally to ensure even browning. You can use a spatula or tongs to flip them gently. Cook until the hot dogs are heated through and have achieved a desirable level of char and color. Using a meat thermometer, remove when the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
Step Five: Toast the Buns
While the hot dogs are cooking, you can also toast the buns on the griddle. Place the buns cut-side down on the griddle surface and let them toast for a minute or two until they become lightly golden and crispy.
Step Six: Serving
When the hot dogs are cooked to your desired level, remove them from the griddle using tongs or a spatula. Place each hot dog into a toasted bun. Add your preferred condiments and toppings. Popular options include ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, sauerkraut, cheese, and any other toppings you enjoy.
Cooking hot dogs on a Blackstone griddle gives you a deliciously grilled flavor and beautiful grill marks. It’s a fantastic way to enjoy this classic comfort food. Experiment with different toppings and condiments to create your perfect hot dog combination.
Pro Tips For Cooking Blackstone Hot Dogs
To make the most out of your hot dog grilling experience on a Blackstone griddle, here are some pro tips:
- Use High-Quality Hot Dogs: Choose high-quality hot dogs with good flavor and texture. Look for options with quality meats and minimal fillers for the best results.
- Preheat the Griddle: Preheat your Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat before placing the hot dogs on it. This ensures the griddle is hot enough to achieve a nice sear and char on the hot dogs.
- Create Diamond Grill Marks: To achieve attractive grill marks on your hot dogs, position them diagonally across the griddle surface. This gives them a visually appealing presentation and promotes even cooking.
- Don’t Overcook: Hot dogs are usually pre-cooked, so they need to be heated through and get some color. Avoid overcooking them as it can lead to dry and tough hot dogs. Cook time will vary based on the hot dogs you are using. Cook until they are heated evenly and achieve a desirable char level.
- Toast the Buns: Take the extra step to toast the buns on the griddle. Placing the buns cut-side down on the griddle surface briefly gives them a nice crispy texture and adds a delicious flavor dimension.
- Keep an Eye on Hot Spots: Blackstone griddles can sometimes have hot spots due to variations in heat distribution. Keep an eye on any hot spots and rotate the hot dogs accordingly to prevent uneven cooking or burning.
- Experiment with Toppings and Condiments: Hot dogs are a blank canvas for various toppings and condiments. Get creative and try different combinations to personalize your hot dog experience. From traditional options like ketchup, mustard, and relish to more adventurous toppings like sautéed onions, jalapeños, or specialty sauces, the possibilities are endless.
- Serve Immediately: Hot dogs are best enjoyed immediately after grilling while they are still hot and juicy. Serve them in the toasted buns and let everyone add their preferred toppings and condiments for a customized experience.
By following these pro tips, you can grill hot dogs on your Blackstone griddle confidently and achieve flavorful, juicy results. Enjoy the delicious simplicity of a classic grilled hot dog with your favorite toppings and savor the summer vibes all year round.
Variations For The Best Hot Dog On Blackstone Griddle
flavor combinations you can explore. Here are some ideas to take your hot dogs to the next level:
- Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs: Wrap your hot dogs with a slice of bacon before grilling them on the Blackstone griddle. The bacon adds a smoky and savory flavor that complements the hot dog perfectly. You can use toothpicks to hold the bacon to the end of the hotdog.
- Gourmet Toppings: Elevate your hot dogs with gourmet toppings such as caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, red pepper flakes, roasted peppers, or even a drizzle of truffle oil. These toppings add depth and complexity to the flavor profile.
- BBQ Hot Dogs: Brush your hot dogs with your favorite BBQ sauce before grilling them on the Blackstone griddle. The caramelization of the sauce will add a tangy and smoky flavor to the hot dogs.
- Slaw Dogs: Top your grilled hot dogs with a refreshing, crunchy coleslaw. Combining the savory hot dog with the creamy and tangy slaw creates a delightful contrast in textures and flavors.
- Chicago-Style Hot Dogs: Prepare your hot dogs Chicago-style by topping them with yellow mustard, chopped onions, sweet pickle relish, tomato wedges, pickled sport peppers, and a sprinkle of celery salt. Serve them in a poppy seed bun for an authentic Chicago experience.
- Global Flavors: Experiment with international flavors by adding unique toppings inspired by different cuisines. For example, try topping your hot dog with kimchi and sesame seeds for a Korean twist or salsa, guacamole, and jalapeños for a Mexican-inspired flavor.
- Vegetarian/Vegan Options: Don’t forget about vegetarian or vegan options! Grill plant-based hot dogs with vegan cheese, vegan mayo, avocado slices, or grilled vegetables for a delicious plant-based alternative.
- Fresh sausage: Use your favorite hotdog sausage.
- Sonoran Dogs: Add bacon slices, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, or jalapeño salsa
Remember to have fun and get creative with your hot dog toppings and condiments. The Blackstone griddle provides the perfect platform for experimenting with different flavors and creating personalized hot dog masterpieces. Enjoy the process of discovering your favorite variations and savor the unique flavors of each combination.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cooking Hot Dogs On Blackstone Griddle
How long does it take to cook hot dogs on a Blackstone griddle?
The cooking time for hot dogs on a Blackstone griddle can vary depending on the heat level and desired level of doneness. Generally, it takes about 10-12 minutes to cook hot dogs on medium-high heat, turning them occasionally to ensure even cooking. Adjust the cooking time based on your preferred char level and tenderness; add about 2-3 minutes for well-done hot dogs.
Can I cook frozen hot dogs on a Blackstone griddle?
It is best to thaw hot dogs before cooking them on a Blackstone griddle. Thawing allows for more even cooking and ensures that the hot dogs are heated through. If you need to cook frozen hot dogs, you can partially thaw them in the microwave or run them under cold water before placing them on the griddle.
Can I cook vegetarian or vegan hot dogs on a Blackstone griddle?
Absolutely! You can cook vegetarian or vegan hot dogs on a Blackstone griddle like regular hot dogs. Many vegetarian and vegan options are available in stores, made from plant-based ingredients. Ensure the hot dogs are suitable for grilling, and follow the exact cooking instructions as you would for traditional hot dogs.
Can I cook hot dog buns on the Blackstone griddle?
You can toast the hot dog buns on the Blackstone griddle. Place the buns cut-side down on the griddle surface or on the side of the griddle and let them toast for a minute or two until they become lightly golden and crispy. This adds a nice texture and flavor to the buns.
How do I prevent the hot dogs from sticking to the griddle?
To prevent hot dogs from sticking to the griddle, ensure it is properly preheated and lightly greased before placing the hot dogs on it. You can lightly brush the griddle surface with cooking oil or use a non-stick cooking spray. This helps create a barrier between the hot dogs and the griddle surface, reducing the chance of sticking.
What toppings and condiments work well with hot dogs on a Blackstone griddle?
Toppings and condiments for hot dogs are highly customizable based on personal preferences. Use your favorite condiment, including ketchup, mustard, relish, diced onions, sauerkraut, cheese, and pickles. You can also get creative and experiment with various toppings like chili, coleslaw, jalapeños, salsa, guacamole, or specialty sauces.
Can I simultaneously cook hot dogs and other foods on the Blackstone griddle?
You can cook hot dogs and other foods simultaneously on the Blackstone griddle. The large cooking surface allows you to cook multiple items at once, making it convenient for preparing various foods for a meal. Ensure the heat is properly adjusted for each item to ensure even cooking.
How to store leftover hot dogs
Let them cool to room temperature and place them in an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
More Blackstone Griddle Recipe
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE FROZEN FRENCH FRIES
- BLACKSTONE SIRLOIN STEAK RECIPE
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SCRAMBLED EGGS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SAUSAGE PATTIES
- BLACKSTONE CHICKEN STIR FRY
- BLACKSTONE FRIED EGGS RECIPE
- BLACKSTONE CHEX PARTY MIX
- BLACKSTONE APPLE CIDER DONUTS
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
- Air Fyrer Hash Browns
- Easy Air Fryer Corn Fritters Recipe
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer Corn Bread
Blackstone Griddle Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- Preheat your Blackstone griddle to medium-high or medium heat. It's important to ensure the griddle is hot before placing the hot dogs on it.
- While the griddle is preheating, make a few shallow diagonal cuts along their length. This helps the hot dogs cook evenly and prevents them from curling.
- Place the hot dogs on the preheated griddle, positioning them diagonally across the griddle surface. This allows for more even cooking and ensures nice grill marks.
- Let the hot dogs cook for approximately 5-7 minutes, turning them occasionally to ensure even browning. You can use a spatula or tongs to flip them gently. Cook until the hot dogs are heated through and have achieved a desirable level of char and color. Using a meat thermometer, remove when the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- While the hot dogs are cooking, you can also toast the buns on the griddle. Place the buns cut-side down on the griddle surface and let them toast for a minute or two until they become lightly golden and crispy.
- When the hot dogs are cooked to your desired level, remove them from the griddle using tongs or a spatula. Place each hot dog into a toasted bun. Add your preferred condiments and toppings. Popular options include ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, sauerkraut, cheese, and any other toppings you enjoy.
- Blackstone Griddle