Are you looking for a delicious, fall-inspired treat to sweeten up the season? Look no further than Blackstone Apple Cider Donuts!
Freshly made with seasonal spices and local apples, these light and fluffy donuts will make your mouth water. Whether you’re looking for something to share with friends at a harvest party or just an anytime snack that’s out of this world good, Blackstone Apple Cider Donuts are the perfect way to indulge!
What Is The Blackstone Griddle
The Blackstone Griddle is a popular outdoor cooking appliance with a flat, solid cooking surface. It is designed for outdoor use and is often used for cooking various foods, including breakfast items, burgers, steaks, stir-fries, and more.
The Blackstone Griddle typically consists of a large, rectangular cooking surface of thick, durable steel or cast iron. It is powered by propane gas or sometimes natural gas, and it comes with independently controlled burners that allow for precise heat management across different cooking zones on the griddle surface.
Why Make Donuts On The Blackstone Griddle
- Even heat distribution: The Blackstone Griddle provides an evenly heated cooking surface ideal for making donuts.
- Versatility: The Blackstone Griddle allows precise temperature control, so you can easily adjust the heat to achieve the perfect frying temperature for your donuts.
- Space and quantity: The large cooking surface of the Blackstone Griddle provides ample space for cooking multiple donuts at once.
- Easy cleanup: The non-stick griddle surface of the Blackstone Griddle makes cleanup a breeze.
- Outdoor cooking experience: The Blackstone Griddle is designed for outdoor use, so making donuts on the griddle can be a fun and enjoyable experience. You can enjoy the fresh air, cook alongside friends or family, and create a memorable cooking experience while making delicious donuts.
- Customization: Making donuts on the Blackstone Griddle allows you to customize your donuts to your liking. You can experiment with different flavors, glazes, and toppings, giving you the freedom to create unique and personalized donut creations.
Ingredients Needed For Blackstone Apple Cider Donuts
Apple cider donuts are a deliciously sweet, classic Fall treat! Whether it’s for an outdoor picnic, celebrating a special occasion, or having a comforting snack on hand at home – no one can resist the temptation of indulging in some freshly-made apple cider donuts. Blackstone Cider Donuts are especially delectable!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour
- Baking Powder: Use fresh baking powder
- Ricotta Cheese: Use regular or low-fat ricotta cheese
- Egg: Use a large room-temperature egg
- Apple: Shred or grate a large apple
- Apple Cider: This will give you the tangy apple cider flavor
- Oil: Use vegetable, peanut oil, or canola oil
- Glaze: Powdered Sugar, Blackstone Snickerdoodle Seaoning, Vanilla Extract, and Apple Cinder
How To Make Apple Cider Donuts On The Blackstone Griddle
Fall is in the air, and with it comes one of the best-tasting treats ever – Apple Cider Donuts! If you’re looking for a way to enjoy this delicious seasonal treat without spending hours over a hot stove, look no further.
The Blackstone Griddle makes it easier than ever to recreate classic apple cider donuts right at home! We’ll show you how to make Apple Cider Donuts on your Blackstone Griddle so that you can indulge in these delicious treats whenever the craving strikes.
Step One: Boil the Oil
Add oil to a large saucepan and place it onto the Blackstone Griddle; preheat the temperature to medium-high or 350 degrees F. You want to add enough oil so that it covers the donuts.
Step Two: Prepare Ingredients
Use a paper towel or clean kitchen towel, and remove any excess liquid from the ricotta and grated apples.
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: Flour, Snickerdoodle Seasoning, and baking powder. Add your wet ingredients, ricotta, egg, shredded apples, and apple cider, in another bowl.
Step Three: Prepare the Donut Dough
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix well until the batter has formed. Making sure that all of the dry ingredients have been incorporated into the wet ingredients.
Step Four: Prepare The Glaze
Add the powdered sugar, Snickerdoodle Seaoning, vanilla extract, and apple cider in a small bowl, and whisk well until smooth.
Step Five: Fry Donuts
Dip the fork or spoon into the hot oil, and then add some dough onto the utensil, forming a round ball. Place into the fry oil, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Step Six: Coat Donuts
As you remove the cooked donuts, place them into the glaze, and then place them on a wire rack or cooling rack until the glaze hardens (about 1-2 minutes)
- Use the right oil: Choose an oil with a high smoke point for frying, such as vegetable or canola. These oils can withstand the high heat required for frying without breaking down or imparting a strong flavor to the donuts.
- Maintain a consistent temperature: Keep an eye on the temperature of the griddle throughout the cooking process. Fluctuations in temperature can affect the donuts’ texture and how they cook. Adjust the heat as needed to maintain a consistent frying temperature.
- Use a thermometer: To ensure the oil is at the right temperature, use a cooking thermometer to monitor the oil’s temperature. This helps you maintain the desired frying temperature and achieve consistent results.
- Monitor cooking time: Keep a close eye on the donuts as they cook. Cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of the donuts. Typically, donuts take about 2-3 minutes per side to cook but adjust the time as needed until they turn golden brown.
- Drain excess oil: After frying the donuts, place them on a wire rack or paper towels to drain any excess oil. This helps remove excess grease and keeps the donuts light and crispy.
- Glaze or decorate while warm: If you plan to glaze or decorate the donuts, do it while they are still warm. The warmth helps the glaze or toppings adhere better to the donuts, resulting in a more flavorful and visually appealing finished product.
- Experiment with flavors and toppings: Get creative with your donuts! Try different flavors of glazes, such as chocolate, vanilla, maple, or fruit-flavored glazes. Sprinkle them with powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, or other desired toppings to add texture and flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make yeast-raised donuts on a Blackstone Griddle?
Yes, you can make yeast-raised donuts on a Blackstone Griddle. The process will differ slightly from making cake donuts, as yeast-raised donuts require proofing and multiple rises. Once the dough has been proofed and risen, you can shape and fry the donuts on the griddle.
What kind of donut dough works best on a Blackstone Griddle?
Both cake donut dough and yeast-raised donut dough can be cooked on a Blackstone Griddle. Cake donuts tend to be denser and easier to handle on the griddle, while yeast-raised donuts are lighter and require more careful flipping and cooking.
Can I use frozen pre-made donuts on a Blackstone Griddle?
Yes, you can cook frozen pre-made donuts on a Blackstone Griddle. Ensure that the griddle is preheated, and follow the instructions on the packaging for cooking time and temperature.
How do I prevent the donuts from sticking to the griddle?
To prevent the donuts from sticking to the griddle, make sure the griddle is well-seasoned or lightly greased before cooking. Additionally, avoid moving the donuts too early. Let them cook until they are fully set on the first side before flipping.
How long do I cook the donuts on the Blackstone Griddle?
Cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of the donuts, as well as the specific temperature of the griddle. As a general guideline, cake donuts typically take 2-3 minutes per side, while yeast-raised donuts may take slightly longer. Monitor the donuts and adjust the cooking time as needed until they turn golden brown.
Can I use a glaze or icing on the donuts cooked on a Blackstone Griddle?
Absolutely! Once the donuts are cooked, you can dip them in glazes or drizzle them with icing while they are still warm. The glaze or icing will adhere nicely to the freshly cooked donuts.
Can I cook other donut varieties on the Blackstone Griddle, such as filled donuts or donut holes?
You can cook other donut varieties on the Blackstone Griddle, including filled donuts and donut holes. Ensure that the fillings are fully cooked or pre-cooked before filling the donuts, and adjust cooking times accordingly.
How do I store leftover donuts cooked on the Blackstone Griddle?
Store any leftover donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. If you want to extend their shelf life, store them in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat them briefly in the microwave or oven before serving.
More Blackstone Griddle Recipes:
- BLACKSTONE PERFECT GRILLED PORK CHOPS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE MOJO CHICKEN TACOS
- EASY BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE ONION RINGS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE HAWAIIAN KIELBASA KABOBS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE PANCAKES
Blackstone Apple Cider Donuts
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Blackstone Snickerdoodle Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup apple, shredded or grated
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Blackstone Snickerdoodle Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 cups vegetable oil
- Add oil to a large saucepan and place it onto the Blackstone Griddle; preheat the temperature to medium-high or 350 degrees F. You want to add enough oil so that it covers the donuts.
- Use a paper towel or clean kitchen towel, and remove any excess liquid from the ricotta and grated apples.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: Flour, Snickerdoodle Seasoning, and baking powder. Add your wet ingredients, ricotta, egg, shredded apples, and apple cider, in another bowl.
- Add the dry and wet ingredients, and mix well until the batter has formed. Making sure that all of the dry ingredients have been incorporated into the wet ingredients.
- Add the powdered sugar, Snickerdoodle Seaoning, vanilla extract, and apple cider in a small bowl, and whisk well until smooth.
- Dip the fork or spoon into the hot oil, and then add some dough onto the utensil, forming a round ball. Place into the fry oil, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- As you remove the cooked donuts, place them into the glaze, and then place them on a wire rack or cooling rack until the glaze hardens (about 1-2 minutes)
- Blackstone Griddle