This is one of the simplest recipes, although to figure out the cooking temperature and time, I did burn a few eggs.
Baked eggs are one of the most popular breakfast items in the world. If you are like me through all of your kids like eggs differently, whether they are soft boiled, over easy, poached or as my son will call them dunkie eggs. (The type where you dunk your toast into them and coat your toast with the yolk, do you know what I am talking about?)
How do you make the perfect baked eggs?
Well, I’m here today to give you some pointers.
The key to perfect baked eggs is to beat the eggs. Now, I’m not talking about regular beating, I am talking about whisking the eggs, which lets some air enter them when you whisk fast, and your eggs end up nice and fluffy.
Today’s scrambled eggs are a great way to start any breakfast, filled with protein and vegetables, and it should keep you filled through lunchtime.
I love using my Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) for all of the recipes, I usually use my burner stove for, they are faster and require less clean up, plus my son travels a ton for hockey, so I can take the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) on the road, so it saves me money by not eating out at restaurants, since eating out with 20 hockey-playing boys gets very expensive, very soon.
First tip: If you make these, splurge and get ramekins, when I tried other containers they all failed.
Third Tip: Be generous with the non-stick cooking spray. And if you are using your air fryer a lot. Or plan to, invest in one of these sprayers, Over the long run you will save a ton of money.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
PANS, I HAD A HARD TIME FINDING PANS THAT FIT, BUT THEN ONE DAY, I RAN AROUND THIS AMAZING, WHICH EVEN INCLUDES A MUFFIN TIN, TALK ABOUT A SCORE!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN—
This is an easy and KETO friendly breakfast, and my kids loved eating out of the pepper. You don’t need to roast the pepper before hand it gives you a great texture contrast with the eggs.
- 2 peppers (any color)
- 4 eggs
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Start by coring out the seeds from the pepper. Then place in an air fryer safe pan (usually if it’s oven safe it is air fryer safe, except for some glass manufacturers)
- Then in a small bowl, mix together the eggs, shredded cheese, and bacon (already cooked)
- Then pour the egg mixture into the hollowed-out peppers.
- Set in the air fryer oven or basket and set the timer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. (air fryer setting) Check to make sure the eggs are completely cooked before removing them. The exact time is going to depend on your air fryer.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Pepper Egg-in-a-Hole (KETO Friendly)