This is one of the easiest recipes that I have made in the air fryer.
Which is great, because they look so complicated. I will be bringing these to a party, the next time I go. I will probably be making them for lunch a lot since my kids gobbled them up.
And, they have green leafy vegetables in them, so what mom wouldn’t serve them?
This was definitely a keeper for the go-to appetizer, the premade shells really quickened up the cooking time.
It has all of the traditional ingredients of a Spanakopita, spinach, feta, egg, but without the rolling of the phyllo dough and the work of it.
I hope you and yours enjoy it!
First, you want to drain as much water out of the spinach as you can.
Mix in the feta cheese.
Fill the phyllo cup with the mixture.
I put them in my muffin tin, which prevented flying around in the air fryer. (see the one I used in the things used below)
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Used this muffin tin. This is an easy and cheap solution for the food flying around in your Air Fryer
Air Fryer-Mini Spinach (Spanakopita) Bites
A classic Greek dish, made in the air fryer. The phyllo shells get a great crisp to them, and it takes hardly any time to prepare.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Greek
- 2 1.9 ounce mini phyllo shells
- 1 10 ounce frozen chopped spinach
- 1 4 ounce feta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw your frozen spinach.
Then drain as much liquid out of the spinach as you can.
- Mix the drained spinach with egg, feta, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon the combined mixture into the phyllo shells. (To prevent flying around, I put the filled pies into a muffin tin, see notes above)
- Set the temperature to 220 degrees F, and set the time for 4 minutes. Check to make sure they are hot and bubbling, if not add another 3 minutes.
Note: Time will depend upon the wattage and how much you filled the cups.
- Remove from the air fryer, plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: frozen spanakopita air fryer air fryer recipes easy spanakopita bites what can you cook in an air fryer fried spanakopita deep fried spanakopita how to make spinach chips in air fryer quick air fryer snacks