Air Fryer Crinkle Dessert — Looking for an easy dessert to make in your air fryer? This crinkle dessert is perfect! It’s quick and simple to prepare, and it tastes delicious. Plus, it’s when you cook this dessert in the air fryer, it’s amazing!
Air fryers are all the rage right now, and for good reason! They make cooking so much easier and healthier. This dessert is one of my favorite recipes to make in my air fryer. It’s simple, fast, and delicious! Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover fruit you might have. Give it a try! You won’t be disappointed!
What Is Crinkle Dessert?
Have you ever seen a crinkle dessert before? It’s an easy dessert to make and it looks really pretty when it’s finished. But what is crinkle dessert anyway?
Crinkle dessert is a dish that is made from phyllo dough and it gets its name from its appearance. The cake becomes all bumpy and wrinkled looking as it cooks and this makes it look really different from other cakes.
Most people who have tried crinkle dessert say that it’s really delicious too! If you’re looking for an easy air fryer dessert to make, then crinkle dessert is definitely worth checking out!
Why Make Crinkle In The Air Fryer?
Do you love the sound a crinkle chip makes when you crunch into it? Do you like the way they look, with their wavy ridges and irregular shapes? If so, then you’re going to love this air fryer recipe for making crinkles. Unlike traditional oven-baked chips, these are cooked in the air fryer so they come out crispy and crunchy every time. Plus, since they’re made in the air fryer there’s no need for any oil or butter – making them a healthy alternative to store-bought snacks. So why not give them a try today? You’ll be glad you did!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Crinkle Dessert
Are you looking for a delicious and easy dessert to make in your air fryer? If so, then you’ll love this crinkle dessert recipe! It only requires four simple ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. So go ahead and give it a try! You won’t be disappointed.
- Phyllo Dough: Defrosted. Note: Most phyllo boxes include two individually wrapped sets of phyllo dough. For this recipe, half the boxed package is used due to the size of the air fryer pan.
- Egg: Use a large, room temperature egg
- Granulated Sugar: You can also use a sugar substitute, such as Splenda.
- Milk: You can use whole milk, oat milk, or almond milk.
- Butter: Use salted butter, melted
- Vanilla Butter Extract: If you have never used this, this provides a lot of butter flavor, with the flavor of vanilla beans.
How To Cook Crinkle In The Air Fryer
Begin by crinkling or folding two sheets of phyllo at a time. Add the folded two sheets of phyllo to an air fryer sized pan. Repeat with the remaining phyllo, pressing it up against the other phyllo.
Air fry the phyllo at 325F for 8 minutes. While the air phyllo is air frying, melt the stick of butter. After 8 minutes have elapsed, pour the melted butter over the phyllo. Air fry the phyllo for 8 more minutes at 325F.
In a medium bowl, beat the egg and add the milk and sugar. Combine fully with a hand mixer or whisk. Air fry again at 325F for 15-25 minutes. Check the dessert at 5-minute intervals as time may vary between different air fryers. The phyllo is done when it is golden brown.
Optional: Make a syrup with ¼ cup sugar, and ¼ cup water on the stovetop to pour over the top. Otherwise, you can use honey or premade syrups.
Phyllo Dough In Air Fryer: Ever since I got my air fryer, I have been experimenting with all sorts of recipes. Air frying is a great way to make food that is typically unhealthy, like french fries or chicken wings, into a healthier option. But did you know that you can also use your air fryer to make phyllo dough? This recipe is simple and easy to follow, and the results are delicious! Give it a try and see for yourself.
Timing: Since every air fryer is slightly different, it’s important to check on your phyllo dessert as it cooks up. Depending on the air fryer, the timing will differ by a few minutes.
The Best Way To Defrost Phyllo Dough
Have you ever forgotten to take the dough out of the freezer to defrost in time for your recipe? Or maybe you’ve tried to defrost it in the microwave, but it just became a sticky, gooey mess? Well, have no fear! The best way to defrost phyllo dough is actually incredibly simple and only takes a few minutes. Keep reading to find out how…
- Remove the phyllo dough from the box, and place it in the fridge overnight.
- Or if you are in a rush, place the phyllo dough on the counter, to defrost, it will take about 2 to 3 hours.
- I personally like to defrost in the refrigerator, as it’s easier to work with cold phyllo dough.
What Pan To Use To Cook Crinkle
It’s important to be aware of what type of dish or pan you are using when making your crinkle dessert.
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you will need to use a dish that allows air to freely circulate around the baking pan, this will help it cook up. You can make this dessert as big as a sheet pan, when you use an air fryer oven, or as small as individual servings if using an air fyrer basket.
Some great options are:
- Air Fryer Oven: Heartland Home Porcelain Mini Casserole Dish Oval Au Gratin Dish (6pc Set). Cauliflower Au Gratin Baking Dish, Banana Split Bowls, Single Serving Casserole Dishes, Small Individual Gratin Dishes Set
- Air Fryer Basket: Ramekins for Baking, LOVECASA 7 Oz Creme Brulee Ramekins, Porcelain Souffle Dish Ramekins Oven Safe, Round Tart Pan Mini Fluted Quiche Dishes, Set of 6, Multi Color
You can easily serve this dessert with a simple syrup sugar, while really bringing out the flavor of the phyllo dough, here is the recipe: (I also added it to the recipe card, so you can print it out)
Make a syrup with ¼ cup sugar, and ¼ cup water on the stovetop to pour over the top. Otherwise, you can use honey or premade syrups.
How To Store
Let the crinkle dessert come to room temperature, and then place the leftover dessert into an airtight container. The phyllo dessert will last for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator. You can reheat the dessert in the microwave or air fryer, and heat it until warmed through.
More Air Fryer Desserts:
Do you love your air fryer as much as I do? I’ve been using mine non-stop lately to make all kinds of easy, delicious meals. But guess what? Air fryer desserts are a thing, and they’re amazing. If you have an air fryer, you need to try out some of these recipes. Trust me – you won’t be disappointed!
AIR FRYER BAVARIAN CREAM DONUTS: Who doesn’t love a delicious donut? And when that donut is stuffed with Bavarian cream, it’s hard to resist! With an air fryer, you can easily make these yummy treats at home. Plus, they’re healthier than traditional fried donuts because they use less oil. Let’s get started!
AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR PIZZA: Who doesn’t love pizza? Especially when it’s smothered in cinnamon and sugar. And, even better, no oven is required! With just a few simple ingredients and your air fryer, you can have this delicious cinnamon sugar pizza in no time. So gather your friends and dig in!
AIR FRYER APPLE PIE PIZOOKIE: Craving apple pie? Check out this amazing Air Fryer Apple Pie Pizookie recipe! It’s the perfect dessert for a cool autumn evening. Thanks to the Air Fryer, this pizookie is quick and easy to make. Just be sure to have plenty of ice cream on hand for toppings! Enjoy!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Crinkle Dessert
- 1/2 package phyllo dough
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick butter, salted, and melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla butter extract
NOTES Most phyllo boxes include two individually wrapped sets of phyllo dough. For this recipe, half the boxed package is used due to the size of the air fryer pan.
- Begin by crinkling or folding two sheets of phyllo at a time. Add the folded two sheets of phyllo to an air fryer sized pan. Repeat with the remaining phyllo, pressing it up against the other phyllo.
- Air fry the phyllo at 325F for 8 minutes
- While the air phyllo is air frying, melt the stick of butter.
- After 8 minutes have elapsed, pour the melted butter over the phyllo.
- Air fry the phyllo for 8 more minutes at 325F.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg and add in the milk and sugar. Combine fully with a hand mixer or whisk.
- Air fry again at 325F for 15-25 minutes. Check the dessert at 5 minute intervals as time may vary between different air fryers. The phyllo is done when it is golden brown.
- Optional: Make a syrup with ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup water on the stovetop to pour over the top. Otherwise, you can use honey, or premade syrups.
- Air Fryer
- Baking Pan