Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken can be made in just 30 minutes! Lemon pepper air fryer chicken is tender, moist, and has the perfect amount of lemon flavor.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Air Fryer Recipe
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that air fryers are all the rage right now. And for a good reason! They’re a great way to make healthier versions of your favorite foods. This air fryer lemon pepper chicken is a perfect example — it’s juicy, flavorful, and much more beneficial than traditional fried chicken. Give it a try!
This Lemon Pepper Chicken Air Fryer Recipe is genuinely impressive and easy to make. It makes for a quick dinner. You only need a few ingredients, and you have a great chicken dinner on your table.
I am trying hard to make many chicken dishes because they are healthy, and my family enjoys them. Consider trying my Air Fryer Chicken Fajita Burritos, Air Fryer Chinese Chicken Fingers, and Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken.
The air fryer does a great job of making a nice juicy, tender chicken breast, so with a few spices and ingredients, you can have a go-to meal — especially midweek when we are all struggling. Between hockey practice, robotics meetings, and school, most of us have a lot going on!
Why You’ll Love Lemon Pepper Chicken In The Air Fryer
- Only 6 ingredients
- 30 minutes from start to finish
- Tastes incredible
- Whole family will love it
- Easy cleanup
What Is Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken?
Air fryer lemon pepper chicken is the same as traditional lemon pepper chicken, but it’s cooked in the air fryer instead. This allows it to cook quickly and evenly, and it comes out extra crispy.
Ingredients Needed For Lemon Pepper Air Fryer Chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- One teaspoon salt
- Two teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cooking Spray
Note: You can also use Lawry’s Lemon Pepper Marinade for a delicious lemon pepper chicken recipe!
How To Make Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken
Step 1: Prep the chicken
Start by cutting up your chicken into pieces. I clean my chicken, then add the seasoning.
Step 2: Marinate the chicken
Add the chicken to a small bowl (or place into a Ziploc bag) with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon pepper. Let it marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
Step 3: Air Fry Lemon Pepper Chicken
Then, place the chicken in the air fryer basket for 7 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting. (Be sure to spray it with oil or cooking spray before it starts cooking.) After 7 minutes, flip and air fry lemon pepper chicken for another 7 minutes. Spray again.
Check with your meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is fully cooked — the internal temperature needs to reach 165 degrees F.
Pro Tips For When You Air Fry Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Crowding: For best results, do not crowd the air fryer basket; otherwise, the lemon pepper chicken in the air fryer will not cook properly. It will help the air to freely flow around the chicken to get a perfect Air Fryer Chicken Breast.
- Flipping: Depending on the air fryer, you may need to flip the lemon pepper air fryer chicken halfway during the cooking process.
- Cooking Spray: I love adding a few sprays of cooking spray to the chicken, which helps the color without adding much fat or calories. This is a very healthy Air Fryer dinner, using hardly any oil.
- Making This In An Air Fryer Oven: For best results, place the chicken on the bottom rack, which will allow the chicken to cook on both the outside and the inside. If putting it on a higher shelf, you will end up with a burnt chicken on the outside but raw on the inside.
- Meat Thermometer: For best results, use a meat thermometer and place it in the thickest part of the chicken breast. You want the chicken to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Type Of Air Fryer Do I Need?
Pretty much any air fryer you have will work! Whether you make this lemon pepper chicken air fryer recipe in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot, Cosori, or even the Gowise, it will turn out amazing! So give it a try today!
Which cut of chicken is best?
Since you are changing the cut of meat, your cooking time will vary; however, the internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F before removing it.
Can I add more seasonings?
Yes, you can make adjustments to this lemon pepper chicken in the air fryer! I like to keep with a basic recipe, then add extra seasonings depending on my mood. With a simple change of seasonings, you can get a lot of variety.
Play around with the spices to see what you like best. Here are some of my favorite additions: dried parsley, Italian seasoning, or some red chili flakes for some heat. Use your favorite herbs for a great chicken dish that your family will love.
How To Store
If you have any leftover air fryer lemon pepper chicken, let it cool to room temperature and then place it into an airtight container. It will last in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days.
You can reheat the chicken in the air fryer for a couple of minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
What To Serve With Lemon Pepper Chicken Air Fryer Recipe
There is nothing like a fresh and tasty lemon pepper chicken air fryer dish to tingle your taste buds. If you are looking for some side dishes for lemon pepper chicken, below are some of my favorites!
- AIR FRYER MASHED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER TWICE BAKED SWEET POTATOES
- EASY AIR FRYER OVEN GOLD RANCH POTATOES
- AIR FRYER LOADED MASHED POTATO EGG ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER MASHED POTATO PANCAKES
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 4-6 6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Start by cutting up your chicken into pieces. I clean my chicken and then add it to the seasoning.
- Then add the chicken to a small bowl, the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, Worcestershire sauce, lemon pepper, and let marinate for at least an hour. (Place in the refrigerator)
- Then place the chicken in the air fryer basket for 7 minutes at 350 degrees F, spray your chicken. After 7 minutes, flip the chicken for another 7 minutes. Spray Again
- Check with your meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is fully cooked.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
1. What if I don’t have an air fryer? Can I still make this recipe? Yes, you can still make this recipe in an oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C), place your chicken on a baking sheet, and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
2. Can I use chicken thighs or drumsticks instead of chicken breasts? Yes, you can use other cuts of chicken. However, cooking times may vary. Thighs and drumsticks usually take a bit longer to cook than breasts.
3. How can I tell when the chicken is done? Chicken is safe to eat when its internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). The easiest way to check this is with a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
4. How should I store leftovers? Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, place the chicken back into the air fryer at 350°F (177°C) for about 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
5. Can I marinate the chicken for longer than 30 minutes? Yes, you can marinate the chicken for up to 24 hours. Longer marinating times will allow the flavors to penetrate more deeply into the chicken.
6. I don’t have lemon pepper seasoning. Can I use something else? If you don’t have lemon pepper seasoning, you can make a simple version at home by combining freshly grated lemon zest with cracked black pepper.