Air Fryer Homemade Italian and Garlic Croutons — Using the air fryer to make homemade Italian and garlic croutons is a great way to add flavor to your favorite dishes. It’s also a perfect weekend project for cooks who love cooking from scratch. With this recipe, you’ll have fresh breadcrumbs on hand at all times! And with just a few ingredients, it’s easy too. So get creative in the kitchen and try out some new recipes that use these delicious breadcrumbs!
What’s your favorite part of a meal? The main course, the appetizer, or the bread basket with butter and rolls? For most people, it is that first bite into a crunchy piece of crusty bread. And what do you think goes on top of those delicious bites?
Maybe a little bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping? Or some fresh garlic croutons to add even more flavor to your dish. When cooking them at home, a lot can go wrong – they either don’t taste right, or they fall apart as soon as you touch them with your fork. That’s why we’re here! We’ve got some tips and tricks to help make cooking these easy breezy so you can enjoy them all.
Today, we are going to make some homemade croutons, by using the air fryer, so if you have any stale bread on hand, grab it. I will show you a foolproof way to make Air Fryer Croutons.
Learn how to make homemade croutons from scratch, just by using your air fryer.
What Are Croutons?
Croutons are an easy way to add a crunchy, salty flavor to salads and soups. They’re usually made from leftover bread that’s been cubed or cut into small pieces and then baked until dry. There are many types of croutons, but the most common type is seasoned with butter, olive oil, salt and pepper before being baked for a few minutes in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Today, we will use our Air Fryer up, and make some homemade croutons, they are so good and easy!
Time For Using Leftover Bread:
If you have any leftover bread, this is the perfect recipe for you. Instead of throwing it out, simply air fry it, with a few ingredients. This can be stored for future use. They are amazing in salads, they really elevate the taste
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Croutons
- Bread: The best bread to use is a bread that is a few days old. But, any kind you have on hand.
- Olive oil
- Seasonings: Today, I opted to make an Italian and Garlic Crouton, but any seasonings will do.
How To Make Air Fryer Croutons
Add the olive oil and spices to the bread.
Place the diced bread on to the air fryer tray or in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 320 degrees for 5 minutes, air fryer setting, after about 2 minutes, shake the basket or use tongs and flip the bread. Store in an airtight container for about a week.
Some Common Questions Asked About This Recipe–
What Type of Bread Can I Use?
Anything that you have on hand. Some types I have made are from white sandwich bread, French bread, baguettes, loaves, rolls, etc.
Can I Make These in The Oven?
Yes, of course, all you need to do is place the baking pan into a preheated oven at 375 degrees F, for 8-10 minutes.
How Do I Store Homemade Croutons?
The easiest way to store homemade croutons is to put them an airtight container. They will last about 1 to 2 weeks.
How Do I Use Homemade Croutons?
You can add them to any dish, I toss a few into my salad. But, you can use them in soups, stuffings, anything really.
More Air Fryer Bread Recipes:
- AIR FRYER GARLIC BREAD PIZZA TOAST
- AIR FRYER GARLIC BREAD
- EASY AIR FRYER GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN BANANA NUT BREAD
- AIR FRYER PILLSBURY CORNBREAD SWIRLS
- AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S BANANA BREAD MUFFINS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Homemade Italian and Garlic Croutons
- 4 slices bread, any type
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Start by laying out your bread on a cutting board. Cut into about 1-inch pieces.
- Place the diced bread into a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and spices to the bread.
- Toss well, so the bread gets covered with the oil. If you need to add more oil, add more.
- Place the diced bread onto the air fryer tray or in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 320 degrees for 5 minutes. After about 2 minutes, shake the basket or use tongs and flip the bread.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for about a week.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional