Today, we are going to make some homemade croutons, by using the air fryer, so if you have any stale bread on hand, grab it. I will show you a foolproof way to make Air Fryer Croutons.
Learn how to make homemade croutons from scratch, just by using your air fryer.
Time For Using Leftover Bread–
If you have any leftover bread, this is the perfect recipe for you. Instead of throwing it out, simply air fry it, with a few ingredients. This can be stored for future use. They are amazing in salads, they really elevate the taste
Ingredients For Air Fryer Croutons–
- Bread: The best bread to use is a bread that is a few days old. But, any kind you have on hand.
- Olive oil
- Seasonings: Today, I opted to make an Italian and Garlic Crouton, but any seasonings will do.
How To Make Air Fryer Croutons–
Add the olive oil and spices to the bread.
Place the diced bread on to the air fryer tray or in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 320 degrees for 5 minutes, air fryer setting, after about 2 minutes, shake the basket or use tongs and flip the bread.
Store in an airtight container for about a week.
Some Common Questions Asked About This Recipe–
What Type of Bread Can I Use?
Anything that you have on hand. Some types I have made are from white sandwich bread, French bread, baguettes, loaves, rolls, etc.
Can I Make These in The Oven?
Yes, of course, all you need to do is place the baking pan into a preheated oven at 375 degrees F, for 8-10 minutes.
How Do I Store Homemade Croutons?
The easiest way to store homemade croutons is to put them an airtight container. They will last about 1 to 2 weeks.
How Do I Use Homemade Croutons?
You can add them to any dish, I toss a few into my salad. But, you can use them in soups, stuffings, anything really.
Some Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes–
Don’t Forget to Pin, Air Fryer Croutons–
Some Helpful Products Used In Making This Recipe, Affiliate links Included,
Do Not Forget To Pin–Air Fryer Croutons,
Air Fryer, Homemade Italian and Garlic Croutons
These are really easy to make, They take an ordinary piece of stale bread and make a homemade staple in any household.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 4 slices bread, any type
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Start by laying out your bread on a cutting board. Cut into about 1-inch pieces.
- Place the diced bread into a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and spices to the bread.
- Toss well, so the bread gets covered with the oil. If you need to add more oil, add more.
- Place the diced bread on to the air fryer tray or in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 320 degrees for 5 minutes, after about 2 minutes, shake the basket or use tongs and flip the bread.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for about a week.