Air Fryer Homemade Coffee Cake –This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. I love making it when we have it on a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning.
Today was the first time I tried making it in my air fryer, and it came out lovely. Nice, light, and fluffy, just the way I like it.
My kids wouldn’t stop eating it, and my husband already packed a piece to go with his coffee tomorrow morning. So, I guess it was a winner.
The coffee cake cooked up nice and quick, and it’s a great staple to make for busy mornings. There is a great flavor of the cinnamon and butter that really comes out.
If you are looking for some other great and easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BANANA WALNUT POUND CAKE, AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY POUND CAKE, AIR FRYER BANANA NUT BREAD, and AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI PUMPKIN QUICK BREAD.
Air Fryer Homemade Coffee Cake
There is nothing better than a piece of homemade coffee cake. Made with the signature ground cinnamon coating on top, it’s a great and easy breakfast, snack, or dinner recipe.
I love it. Making cakes has never been more fun than making them in the air fryer.
Ingredients In Air Fryer Homemade Coffee Cake
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon
How To Make Air Fryer Homemade Coffee Cake
Start by making the batter for the cake, mix all of your dry ingredients, and then mix in the wet ingredients.
Find the largest pan that will fit in your air fryer. Spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan. Then make the topping, mix it all together in a small bowl. Mix well, then sprinkle it on top of the cake.
Place the pan in the air fryer and set the temperature to 325 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 25-35 minutes.
- This recipe will work in any air fryer, including the Ninja Food, Instant Pot Vortex, and other Air Fryer Oven and Basket models.
- This is a great recipe that you can reheat in either the microwave or the Air Fryer, to warm it, before re-serving.
- Add some diced pecans, or walnuts, to the batter.
- Continue to bake, until the toothpick in the center, that you insert comes out clean.
- For best results use a thinner pan.
WHY IS IT CALLED A COFFEE CAKE?
According, to Wikipedia the coffee cake only has its name because it’s typically served with the morning coffee!
Everyone always thinks that I am missing an ingredient, coffee, but the traditional coffee cake has never been made with coffee!
WHAT DOES IT TASTE LIKE?
This is a great quick bread that is very cakey, but it has the district taste of ground cinnamon and brown sugar.
It’s a great way to start my morning—pairs well with a cup of coffee.
HOW DO YOU STORE IT?
For best results, cover and place into the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it again. This way, the coffee cake stays moist.
If you serve it again, you can either reheat it in the microwave or the air fryer for best results.
CAN YOU FREEZE IT?
Yes, my mother used to make a coffee cake for the winter months and freeze it. This recipe doubles perfectly.
I would suggest that you cut it into serving-size pieces and then wrap them several times in saran wrap and then in foil. Place the wrapped coffee cake into a freezer bag. The frozen coffee cake will last for about 1 to 2 months.
To thaw place on the counter or in the refrigerator, until thawed.
WHAT CAKE PANS TO USE IN THE AIR FRYER?
While, you can use any cake pan that you want in the air fryer. You will often find that if you use too thick of a pan, the center will not cook.
Some great options (affiliate links included)
OTHER GREAT AIR FRYER BREAKFAST RECIPES:
- AIR FRYER LOADED BREAKFAST BURRITO
- AIR FRYER BEST CHERRY TURNOVERS
- EASY AIR FRYER BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST COOKIES
- EASY AIR FRYER HAM AND CHEESE BITES
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Homemade Coffee Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Start by making the batter for the cake, mix all of your dry ingredients, and then mix in the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Find the largest pan that will fit in your air fryer. Spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Then make the topping, mix it all in a small bowl. Mix well, then sprinkle it on top of the cake.
- Place the pan in the air fryer and set the temperature to 325 degrees F for 25-35 minutes.
- Note: The exact time of your air fryer will depend on the wattage and how thick the cake is: the thicker, the longer. If you need additional time, add it. You want the toothpick to come out clean in the middle.
- Let cool slightly before slicing.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Baking Pan