Fancy fish night made easy with our air fryer frozen salmon patties! Whether you’re an experienced home cook or just starting out, we have the perfect recipe for you. This meal is surprisingly simple to make and absolutely delicious — all without hours of prep and clean-up time.
These air fryer salmon burgers come together in under 30 minutes using minimal ingredients, cook quickly in your air fryer, and are sure to be a standout entree that both adults and kids alike will love. Get ready for melt-in-your-mouth flavors that won’t take over your evening — it’s time to make air fryer frozen salmon patties!
Whether you cook this in an air fryer or Ninja Foodi, this is a great way to cook frozen salmon burgers!
Why You Will Love Frozen Delicious Salmon Burger Patties
This high protein seafood burger is aimed at, please! If you’re looking for a delicious and convenient seafood option, then look no further than frozen delicious salmon burger patties! Here are just a few reasons why you’ll love them:
- Ready to eat in minutes: With these pre-made salmon patties, all you have to do is pop them into the air fryer basket and they’ll be ready to eat in under 20 minutes.
- High in protein: These burgers are packed with healthy proteins that will keep you feeling full and energized.
- Easy to customize: Serve your patties however you’d like – add on toppings or mix up the sauces to create new flavor combinations each time.
- Deliciously flavorful: The perfectly seasoned patties deliver mouthwatering flavor with every bite. Plus, they’re great for entertaining – your guests will never guess that they’re made from frozen!
All you really need is your favorite frozen salmon patty and your trusted air fryer.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card t the bottom of this post.
- Frozen Salmon Burgers: whether you use, frozen Costco Brand, Henry & Lisa’s, Aldi, Trader Joe’s Frozen Salmon Burgers, Seapak, or Trident, the recipe will work the same.
- For Serving Serving: Serve With fresh herbs, sour cream, lemon juice, homemade tartar sauce, or lemon wedges.
How Air Fryer Frozen Salmon Burgers
Cooking salmon burgers from frozen has never been easier. If you have been looking for an easy way to cook your frozen patties, for busy weeknights, this is one of the best ways and is such an easy recipe. And it’s a great twist on a traditional burger, that the whole family will love!
Here are the easy cooking instructions:
Step One: Preheating
For best results preheat your air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 380 degrees F, using the air fryer setting.
Step Two: Add Your Frozen Salmon Patties
Place a single layer of frozen salmon burgers in the bottom of the air fryer basket – to avoid overcrowding. Cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping after 5 minutes to ensure even cooking on both sides. Check that your burgers are cooked through and golden brown before serving them with your favorite toppings or condiments!
Best Time & Temperature To Air Fry Frozen Salmon Burgers
For the best results, use an air fryer to cook your frozen salmon burgers at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes. When flipping the burgers halfway through cooking, make sure to check them for evenness – you want both sides to turn golden brown. To ensure that your burgers are cooked through, check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer (it should reach 165 °F). Serve and enjoy!
Remember every air fryer cooks a little different, the cooking time will vary, by the thickness of the salmon patty and the air fryer you are using, so check on your frozen burger frequently, as they cook up.
Storing, Freezing & Reheating
- Storing: Let the salmon patties cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Freezing: For best results only cook how many frozen salmon patties, you want to eat. It is not recommended to re-freeze frozen foods after they have been cooked.
- Reheating: Reheating leftover salmon burgers in the air fryer is a great option. Place them into the air fryer basket and brush them with olive oil, set the temperature to 350 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 3-5 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between salmon burgers and salmon patties?
Salmon burgers and salmon patties are both made with ground salmon, but they have different textures. Salmon patties are typically a bit denser and more compact than burgers since they’re often formed into discs or patties before cooking. Burgers also often include other ingredients like breadcrumbs, herbs, and spices to give them flavor and binding ability. The shape of the burger makes them easier to air fry than the compact patties.
Should I add any additional oil to when using my air fryer?
I usually add a thin layer of olive, to help them reach the golden brown color. But you really don’t need it. No additional oil is needed when air frying frozen salmon burgers. The burgers themselves should provide enough fat for a flavorful and juicy burger. If you’d like to add more flavor, you can brush the top of the salmon burger with some melted butter or olive oil before cooking.\
What temperature do you air fry frozen burgers at?
To air fry frozen salmon burgers, you should set the temperature to 380F and set the cook time for 10-15 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F, check the temperature with an instant-read thermometer. Be sure to turn them over halfway through the cooking time in order to ensure even cooking.
The hot air really makes a quick and delicious air fryer salmon patties!
What to serve with salmon burgers
Salmon burgers pair perfectly with a variety of side dishes, such as roasted potatoes and vegetables, zucchini noodles, or a fresh and tangy coleslaw. You can also serve them with a classic bun or burger-style bread for a delicious sandwich.
Are air-fried salmon burgers healthy?
Air-fried salmon burgers are a healthy and nutritious meal option. They provide beneficial nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals that can help promote good health. Additionally, air frying means that you don’t need to use any oil or butter in the cooking process, making them significantly lower in fat than traditional fried foods.
Do I need to preheat my air fryer?
For most frozen foods, you do not want to preheat your air fryer, since it will make your frozen foods soggy, but for air fryer salmon patties, preheat your air fryer for a couple of minutes, this will help give you the delicious taste of fresh salmon.
Dipping Sauces For Salmon Patties
There are many delicious dipping sauces that pair well with salmon patties. Some popular options include tartar sauce, garlic yogurt, honey mustard, and Greek tzatziki. Lemon aioli is another great option that provides a zesty kick and pairs beautifully with the salmon. You could also try making your own homemade dipping sauce using ingredients like mayonnaise or Greek yogurt combined with herbs, spices, and other condiments of your choice.
Can I add aluminum foil to my air fryer?
I tend not to use aluminum foil in my air fryer, but a lot of people do. My fear is that the foil will heat the heating element and cause a fire or damage the heating element. I would recommend using parchment paper to line your air fryer basket and help your clean up.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Salmon Fillets
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Easy Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Weight Watchers Bagels
In conclusion, air-frying frozen salmon patties are a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy seafood without extra calories or fat. Although the patty texture may feel different in an air fryer, it still tastes great! Plus, the speed of cooking and relative ease make this one of my favorite dinner recipes! When cooking, be sure to coat your patties in all-purpose flour before putting them into the fryer. This will ensure that they are crispy and brown on the outside, with a juicy center. Finally, for the best results and optimal health benefits, serve your salmons patties with a protein-rich side dish or salad. This simple dinner recipe ensures everyone can get their necessary nutrients from wholesome ingredients – enjoy!
Air Fryer Frozen Salmon Burger
- 2 frozen salmon patties
- 2 hamburger rolls
- assorted toppings
- For best results preheat your air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 380 degrees F, using the air fryer setting
- Place a single layer of frozen salmon burgers in the bottom of the air fryer basket – to avoid overcrowding. Cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping after 5 minutes to ensure even cooking on both sides. Check that your burgers are cooked through and golden brown before serving them with your favorite toppings or condiments!
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven