Today, was the first day I used my new Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer Oven 360, and I decided to try a simple air fryer chicken dish, which s a crispy panko encrusted chicken breast. Here are the pictures, as I created my dish,
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Olive oil spray
- Start by drying the chicken off with a paper towel.
- Then use a mallet and pound the chicken, until it’s about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs, salt, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Dip the chicken breast into the beaten egg, and then dip into the panko mixture, covering both sides. Use your hands to press the panko into the breast.
- Place the coated chicken breast into the air fryer basket. Spray the coating GENEROUSLY with olive oil, this will help the coating crisp up.
- Allow the air fryer to preheat, and then set the chicken into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes, then flip (pray again with olive oil) and air fry for another 3-4 minutes, until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches, 165 degrees F.