I had some tremendous leftover crawfish from one of my crawfish boil dinners, so I thought I would make an incredible Air Fryer Crawfish Cakes.
If you love crab cakes, you will love them; they are so light and moist on the inside, but the inside is flaky, moist, and tender. Everything I love about a crab cake or a crawfish cake. So good and so easy.
These make the perfect dinner. Who wouldn’t want to eat one loaded with flavor and crisped up nicely in the air fryer? Absolutely delicious.
If you are looking for some great Air Fryer Seafood Recipes, here are some of my favorites, Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp, Air Fryer Maryland Crab Cakes, and of course, being a New England Gal, here is my favorite Air Fryer Lobster Tails!
Here Is How To Make Air Fryer Crawfish Cakes
- Cooked Crawfish Meat
- Hot Pepper Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Red Bell Peppers
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Crushed Butter Crackers
- Cooking Spray
How to Prepare Crawfish Cakes In the Air Fryer
In a large mixing bowl, mix the crawfish, egg, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, mustard, parsley, red bell peppers, Worcestershire Sauce, and crackers. Form into patties, and then place into the refrigerator to firm up, about an hour.
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, then place the patties into the basket. Spray the tops with cooking spray. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for about 8-10 minutes.
Some Common Questions Asked About Making Crawfish in the Air Fryer-
Can you cook crawfish in an air fryer?
Yes, start by lining the Air Fryer basket with the breaded or plain crawfish. Then using cooking spray, spray the crawfish very generously, as it will help it crisp up. Set the temperature to 330 degrees F, air fry for about 4 to 5 minutes.
SOME GREAT AIR FRYER SIDE DISHES-
- AIR FRYER CLASSIC CORN BREAD
- INSTANT POT ACORN SQUASH
- AIR FRYER CORN FRITTERS
- HOW TO COOK FROZEN CORN KERNELS IN THE AIR FRYER
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE,
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
DO NOT FORGET TO PIN,
Air Fryer Crawfish Cakes
- 1 pound crawfish meat, cooked
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley, fresh or dried
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 1/2 cups butter crackers, crushed
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the crawfish, egg, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, mustard, parsley, red bell peppers, Worcestershire Sauce, and crackers. Form into patties, and then place into the refrigerator to firm up, about an hour.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, and then place the patties into the air fryer basket. Spray the tops with cooking spray. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for about 8-10 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, optional
- Parchment Paper, optional
Tips For Cooking Crawfish In Air Fryer
Cooking crawfish in an air fryer can be a unique and delicious method for enjoying this seafood staple. Here are some pro tips to ensure a perfect batch every time:
- Preparation: Ensure the crawfish are thoroughly cleaned before cooking. You should purge the crawfish in salt water to remove any impurities or grit, then rinse them under cool water.
- Seasoning: Crawfish have a mild, sweet flavor that pairs well with various spices. Season your crawfish well with your chosen spices or marinade. Some people like a classic mix of Cajun or Creole seasoning, garlic, lemon, and salt.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Always preheat your air fryer before adding the crawfish. This ensures even cooking and helps achieve that crispy texture.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. Cook in batches if needed. Too many pieces at once could lead to uneven cooking.
- Shake the Basket: Halfway through the cooking time, give the air fryer basket a good shake to ensure the crawfish are cooked evenly on all sides.
- Check the Doneness: Crawfish cook quickly, so monitor them closely to avoid overcooking. They’re done when they’ve turned bright red, and the meat is opaque.
- Serve Hot: Crawfish are best served hot, right out of the air fryer. You could squeeze some fresh lemon juice over them for added flavor, and don’t forget the dipping sauce!
Remember that all air fryers can vary in their cooking times and temperatures, so you may need to adjust based on your specific model.
What are Crawfish Cakes? Crawfish cakes are similar to crab cakes but are made with crawfish tail meat instead. They are a great way to use leftover boiled crawfish and can be seasoned with various spices.
How do I prepare Crawfish Cakes for the air fryer? To prepare crawfish cakes for the air fryer, you must mix crawfish meat with breadcrumbs, egg, and your chosen seasonings. Form this mixture into small patties, then place them in the preheated air fryer.
How long should I cook Crawfish Cakes in the air fryer? Typically, crawfish cakes must be cooked at 400°F for about 8-10 minutes per side, but the exact timing may depend on your specific air fryer model and the size of your cakes.
Can I use frozen crawfish for Crawfish Cakes? Yes, you can use frozen crawfish meat. Ensure to thoroughly defrost and drain the meat before using it in your recipe to prevent excess moisture, which could make your cakes soggy.
Can I prepare Crawfish Cakes ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare the crawfish mixture and shape it into cakes beforehand. Store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook. They can be refrigerated for a day or two.
How should I serve Crawfish Cakes? Crawfish cakes can be served as an appetizer or main dish. They are often served with a dipping sauce, such as a spicy aioli or a classic tartar sauce. They pair well with coleslaw, french fries, or a fresh salad on the side.
How can I store and reheat leftover Crawfish Cakes? Store leftover crawfish cakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, place them in the air fryer at 350°F until warmed through, about 3-4 minutes. Be careful not to overcook them, as this could dry them out.