Air Fryer Chili Cheese Fries make for an amazing game day snack or appetizer that the entire family will love.
There is nothing better than homemade Chili Cheese Fries smothered in cheese and chili and garnished with some chives.
They make for a great party food, and everyone loves Air Fryer Chili Cheese Fries.
Today, we used some simple frozen French fries to make this great appetizer.
The air fryer is amazing at appetizers, so if you are looking for some other great Air Fryer Appetizers, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BAKED BRIE, AIR FRYER POTATO WEDGES, AIR FRYER GARLIC BREAD, and AIR FRYER HARD BOILED EGGS.
Air Fryer Chili Cheese Fries
Chili Cheese Fries are amazing, tehy are made with either homeamde French Fries, or frozen, hoemmade chili or store-bought and they are air fried until the cheese is melted and the layers flavor all come togehter.
Today, I give you the eaeiest recipe that the entire family will love.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chili Cheese Fries
- Frozen French Fries
- Black Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Cooked Bacon
How To Make Air Fryer Chili Cheese Fries
Start by pouring the frozen French fries directly into the air fryer basket.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, either shake the basket or use tongs to flip the french fries.
Set the timer for another 7 minutes.
Add heated chili sauce (with or without beans), shredded cheddar cheese, sprinkle with cooked bacon and diced chives, and enjoy!
- Depending on the brand of air fryer, the time will vary within a few minutes. I noticed that air fryer ovens tend to cook faster than basket air fryers.
- Do not overcrowd your basket or tray as they will not cook evenly.
- Use thick chili. This way, the chili does not leak into the French fries, which will turn them mushy.
- For best results, serve right away.
RECIPE VARIATIONS OR SUBSTITUTIONS
- You can use either homemade or store-bought chili; the recipe will work the same.
- You can use Turkey Chili as well, as well as vegan chili.
- Today, I used cheddar cheese, but you can use other options as well, including gouda, feta, pepper-jack, or cheese sauce.
- If you want a vegan option, use vegan cheese.
While today, I went with a simple Air Fryer Chili Cheese Fries Recipe. You can add a lot of toppings to this dish. Some of my favorites are:
- Sliced jalapeno peppers
- Sour Cream
- Diced Tomatoes
- Black Beans
- Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Sliced Green Onions
The best way to store this would be to separate them, so if you store the chili and fries together, they will get soggy.
So, prepare them as you eat them. I usually store the cooked French Fries in a freezer bag and then keep the chili in a Tupperware container.
Other Great Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER GARLIC BREAD
- AIR FRYER LEMON CRAB CAKES
- NINJA FOODI SPICY SAUSAGE QUESO DIP
- AIR FRYER PIZZA EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER PAD THAI CHICKEN EGG ROLLS
- 1 package of frozen french fries
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounces chili
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- cooked bacon-2 slices
- diced chives
- Start by pouring the frozen french fries directly into the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, either shake the basket or use tongs to flip the french fries.
- Set the timer for another 7 minutes.
- Add heated chili sauce (with or without beans), shredded cheddar cheese, sprinkles, some diced cooked bacon, and chives.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 860mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g