Loaded fries are an unbeatable and irresistible treat that will surely make anyone smile! What if we take it up a notch, adding air fryer waffle fries swimming in melted cheese and zesty flavor? You’ll find yourself with a mouthwatering combination that takes loaded fries to the next level.
Below we turn frozen waffle fries into the best quick snack or appetizer recipe! Whether you are looking for an easy air fryer recipe for your Ninja Foodi air fryer, Cosori air fryer, or Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer, this recipe will turn any air fryer beginners into air fryer pros!
The Best Air Fryer Loaded Waffle Fries Recipe
Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer or snack? Look no further than this recipe for the Best Air Fryer Loaded Waffle Fries.
These waffle fries are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and loaded with all of your favorite toppings. Perfect for game day, movie night, or any time you’re craving something salty and satisfying. With the help of an air fryer, these loaded waffle fries are ready in just a few minutes and will surely be a crowd-pleaser. Let’s get started on this tasty and addictive recipe.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Loaded Waffle Fries
It’s time to take your snack game to the next level. Forget all about deep-fried and greasy, unhealthy snacks you know are bad for you. With a little help from your air fryer, those loaded waffle fries only dreamed of can finally become a reality! You only need a few simple ingredients and your air fryer basket.
Your quest for the perfect side dish or snack is about to be fulfilled with these amazingly delicious Loaded Waffle Fries cooked in an air fryer. You won’t miss that fattening deep-frying oil, either!
Remember the step-by-step directions below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page and the nutritional information.
- Frozen waffle fries. Use any of your favorite frozen waffle-cut fries.
- Shredded Cheese: Use shredded Cheddar cheese or shredded Mexican Cheese
- Toppings: Black Olives, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Salsa, Diced Tomatoes, Jalapeno Peppers, Green Onions, Bacon bits, etc.
How To Make Loaded Waffle Fries In Air Fryer
Loaded waffle fries are a heavenly combo of crunchy french fries and irresistible toppings that usually include cheese, bacon, chives, ranch-style dressing, and more. If you thought making them was only possible through deep frying (which can sometimes be unhealthy), think again! You can make this classic dish in an air fryer for scrumptious results with surprisingly less fat and calories. Here’s how!
Step One: Add Your frozen Waffle Fries
Layout the frozen waffle fries into the air fryer basket. Place the basket into the air fryer and set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes; at around the halfway point, flip the waffle fries with tongs.
Step Two: Add Your Cheese
Then sprinkle the cheese on top, and set it back into the air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
Step Three: Add Your Favorite Toppings
Top with your favorite toppings. Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Pro Tips For The Best Air-Fried Loaded Waffle Fries
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheating the air fryer for a few minutes before cooking the waffle fries will help them to cook more evenly for crispier fries.
- Use frozen waffle fries: Frozen waffle fries work best for this recipe because they are already par-cooked, and they cook quickly in the air fryer.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket: Overcrowding the basket can result in uneven cooking and less crispy waffle fries. Be sure to cook the waffle fries in a single layer and in batches if necessary.
- Extra Crispy Waffle Fries: For extra crispy waffle-cut fries, spray the bag of waffle fries with olive oil spray or vegetable oil.
- Shake the basket: Shake the air fryer basket every 5 minutes to ensure the waffle fries cook evenly on all sides.
- Use your favorite toppings: Customize your loaded waffle fries with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, bacon, green onions, sour cream, or guacamole.
- Experiment with different seasonings: Add extra flavor to your loaded waffle fries by experimenting with your favorite seasonings, such as black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, or cayenne pepper.
- Serve immediately: Loaded waffle fries are best served hot and crispy, so serve them immediately after they come out of the air fryer for the best texture and flavor.
How to store leftover waffle fries
Let the waffle fries cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat the waffle fry nachos in the air fryer.
Best Brands Of Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries
There are many different brands of frozen waffle fries available in the market, and here are some of the best brands that you can look for:
- Alexia: Alexia is a popular brand that offers a wide range of frozen potatoes, including waffle fries.
- Ore-Ida: Ore Ida is another well-known brand that offers frozen waffle fries.
- McCain: McCain is a global leader in frozen foods, and their waffle fries are known for their crispy texture and delicious taste.
- Kroger: Kroger is a popular grocery store chain offering its own frozen waffle fries brand. They offer different varieties, such as regular, seasoned, and crinkle-cut waffle fries.
- Great Value: Great Value is a brand owned by Walmart that offers affordable and high-quality frozen waffle fries. They offer different varieties, such as regular, seasoned, and curly waffle fries.
Toppings For Waffle Frozen Fries
You can use many toppings to make your waffle fries even more delicious. Here are some popular toppings for waffle frozen fries:
- Shredded cheese: Sprinkle some shredded cheddar, mozzarella, or pepper jack cheese over the waffle fries and melt it in the oven or air fryer for a gooey and cheesy topping.
- Bacon: Crumble some crispy bacon over the waffle fries for a savory and smoky flavor. Another option is ground beef.
- Sour cream: Drizzle some sour cream over the waffle fries for a creamy and tangy topping.
- Green onions: Finely chop some green onions and sprinkle them over the waffle fries for a fresh and colorful topping.
- Guacamole: Spread some guacamole over the waffle fries for a delicious creamy topping that adds healthy fats.
- Chili: Spoon some chili over the waffle fries for a hearty and satisfying topping that adds protein and fiber.
- Salsa: Add some salsa over the waffle fries for a fresh and flavorful topping that adds vitamins and minerals.
- Jalapeños: Slice some jalapeños and sprinkle them over the waffle fries for a spicy and zesty topping.
- Dipping Sauce: Honey Mustard, Cheese sauce, barbecue sauce, and ketchup.
Try different toppings and combinations to find your favorite one. Waffle fries are a versatile and delicious snack that can be customized to your liking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use fresh waffle fries instead of frozen?
Yes, you can use fresh waffle fries instead of frozen. However, the cooking time may vary, and you may need to adjust it accordingly to ensure that the waffle fries are cooked through and crispy.
Can I use different toppings?
Yes, you can use different toppings, such as chili, jalapeños, diced tomatoes, or salsa. Customize your loaded waffle fries to your liking.
Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can use different types of cheese, such as mozzarella, pepper jack, or blue cheese. Use your favorite cheese to add extra flavor to your loaded waffle fries.
Can I make loaded sweet potato fries instead?
Yes, you can use sweet potato waffle fries instead of waffle fries. The cooking time may vary, depending on the thickness of the sweet potato fries.
Can I prepare the loaded waffle fries in advance?
Preparing loaded waffle fries in advance is not recommended, as they are best served hot and crispy. However, you can prepare the toppings in advance and assemble the loaded waffle fries right before serving.
How do I clean the air fryer basket after making loaded waffle fries?
Allow the air fryer basket to cool completely before cleaning it. Use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to clean the basket, and avoid using harsh cleaning chemicals or abrasive materials, which can damage the non-stick coating. Wipe the basket dry before using it again.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Loaded Waffle Fries
- 16 ounces waffle fries, frozen
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup bacon , cooked and crumbled
- Layout the frozen waffle fries into the air fryer basket.
- Place the basket into the air fryer and set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Then flip the waffle fries with a pair of tongs, or shake the basket.
- Air fry for about 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Then sprinkle the cheese on top, and set them back into the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer