Air Fryer Blackberry Turnovers are amazing! If you are looking for something amazing to make in your air fryer for either a great breakfast or a tasty dessert, this is one of my favorites!
Wrapped in a flaky and delicious crust, the inside is warm and delicious. And who doesn’t love blackberries?
I love making turnovers, actually anything with puff pastry in the Air Fryer. I believe it does so well that it was made for the air fryer!
With the hot air spinning around the dough, it rises and cooks absolutely beautifully. And the inside remains so good!
This is so much easier than making a homemade pie, but you will have the same flavors! Serve with some vanilla ice cream for a great air fryer dessert.
If you are looking for some other great and Easy Air Fryer Dessert Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER MINI JELLY DONUTS, AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, AIR FRYER SOFT DINNER ROLLS, and AIR FRYER CINNAMON STICKY BUNS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Blackberry Turnovers
- Puff Pastry
- Blackberry Pie Filling
- Cooking Spray
- Sparkling Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Blackberry Turnovers
Start by laying out the thawed puff pastry on a flat surface. Cut the sheet into 4 squares.
In the center of the puff pastry, add about 2 tablespoons of the pie filling.
Fold the pastry over, making a triangle. Use your fingers to press the dough together. If you have a hard time getting the pastry closed, dip your ginger into water and brush it along the edges.
Spray the top with olive oil, and then sprinkle some sparkling sugar on top.
Set them in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray (both sprayed with olive oil to prevent sticking)
Set in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F (air fryer setting), flip, and air fry for another 3-5 minutes, until fully cooked.
- This recipe will work in any air frfyer basket or oven model, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, and other models. The cooking temperature will remain the same; however, the time may vary by a few minutes.
- You do not need to preheat your air fryer for this recipe.
- If you find that the Air Fryer Blackberry Turnovers are sticking to the basket or tray, spray the basket or tray with non-cooking spray or use a piece of parchment paper to line the bottom.
- I like to spray the top, so the top gets crispy, but you can skip that and use a simple egg wash instead.
- These are best eaten fresh.
How To Store Air Fryer Blackberry Turnovers
If you have any leftovers, let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. They will stay in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 days.
You can reheat them in the microwave or air fryer before re-serving.
How To Freeze
Just like the Pillsbury Frozen Turnovers, you can make your own batch and freeze them. I love double or even triple the recipe and then make a batch for another day.
If you want to freeze, you can either freeze them cooked or uncooked.
How To Cook In the Oven
Of course, anything that you make in the air fryer can be baked in the oven. To do this, prepare as directed, and then preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and bake for about 12 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Check the Blackberry Turnovers to make sure they are fully cooked before removing them.
Other Air Fryer Pastry Recipes:
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON CHURRO BITES
- AIR FRYER NUTELLA CROISSANTS
- EASY AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY POP-TARTS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN FRUIT PUFF PASTRIES TURNOVERS
- AIR FRYER PEACH DUMPLINGS
- EASY AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR APPLE PUFF PASTRY
- AIR FRYER CRISPY CHEESE TWIST
- AIR FRYER RHODES CINNAMON ROLLS
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup blackberry pie filling
- olive oil spray
- sparkling sugar
- Start by laying out the thawed puff pastry on a flat surface. Cut the sheet into 4 squares.
- In the center of the puff pastry, add about 2 tablespoons of the pie filling.
- Fold the pastry over, making a triangle. Use your fingers to press the dough together. If you have a hard time getting the pastry closed, dip your ginger into water and brush it along the edges.
- Spray the top with olive oil, and then sprinkle some sparkling sugar on top.
- Set them in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray (both sprayed with olive oil to prevent sticking)
- Set in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F (air fryer setting), flip, and air fry for another 3-5 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.