This is a really easy way to make candied almonds. They make a great kid-friendly snack or a quick appetizer. My mom used to make these and give them away at family gatherings, she just used to tie them up in a mesh fabric and tie them up with a ribbon. Everyone looked forward to getting them. Now you can make them in the comfort of your own home, and they are absolutely fabulous warm, or you can keep them in an air-tight container for about 1 week. If you need to store them longer, just place them in the refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
This is a really easy way to toast almonds, and the sugar mixture gives a great candy flavor which can be done in less than 20 minutes, from start to finish. They are fabulous warm but feel free to make a batch and keep them in an air-tight container to munch on during the week.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
1 pound whole almonds
- In a bowl, large enough to mix the almonds, add the egg white, vanilla, and water.
- Using a fork, whisk, until the egg, water and vanilla are frothy. Place the almonds in the mixture, and coat them both sides, with the mixture. Then add sugar and brown sugar to the mixture, coat them again with the sugar and brown sugar mixture. Doing the egg mixture first, helps the sugar mixture adhere to the almonds.
- Spread the coated almonds over the air fryer tray or in the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 300 degrees F, for 5 minutes (air fryer setting) after the 5 minutes are up, gently mix the almonds and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer candied pecans air fryer candied nuts candied almonds recipe how to roast pecans in air fryer air fryer candied almonds candied almonds honey healthy candied almonds air fryer nuts recipe