Yummy! This was today’s breakfast, my kids were in heaven. What child wouldn’t love piping hot blueberry scones with vanilla icing (glaze) for breakfast? What is better they take such little time, and the kids all come into the kitchen every morning to see what type of treat, I have made. I guess this will be one of their traditions, when they are older and look back at their childhood. I guess there could be worse traditions.
Now, my oldest son has a Gluten Allergy, so while I am photographing the regular flour recipes, I do make him a couple in his own air fryer, that we designated for him.
My mother is a great baker, she always baked every evening, so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late. On most nights, I can remember her baking something special for the next morning and we would grab one of our walks to school each morning. This was great because my sister and I were always running late to school. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was a life-saver in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on all of the days of the week, we are always running late. My youngest son has a half an hour drive to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, as my husband drops him off. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
Everyone always asks me how I get an air fryer scone pan that fits into my basket, well here is my hack—
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
These are light and fluffy, I served them today with a basic confectionary glaze. It is the perfect balance with the bananas.
- 2 packages Jiffy Banana Muffin mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Start by blending the banana muffin mix, flour, butter and sour cream in a large mixing bowl
- Blend until everything is well combined
- I use these scones pans (see my blog post for what I did, and how I got them to fit into the air fryer)
- Press your batter into the mold, making sure to press the edges, firmly in
- Set in the air fryer oven for 12 minutes, after 12 minutes flip them and cook the bottom for about 2 minutes more.
- Plate, serve and enjoy! (I mixed Confectionary sugar and milk, until it was a good consistency, and drizzled it on top)
Keywords: easy air fryer banana bread air fryer banana cake recipes air fryer banana bread recipes power xl air fryer banana bread air fryer banana bread muffins air fryer banana muffins banana nut bread air fryer recipe air fryer banana nut bread