Air fryer cakes are so easy to make and everyone loves cake. You can make this delicious cake recipe from scratch with our simple instructions.
I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
This is the perfect air fryer cake, which you can make into the perfect air fryer angel food cake, or even make air fryer angel food cake churro bites. They make really great air fryer angel food cake bites.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
- 9 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup of cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the egg whites and sugar.
- Mix in the flour, cream of tartar, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Spray a bundt cake pan with olive oil spray.
- Fill about 2/3 the way full
- Set into the air fryer at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 11-15 minutes.
- Let cool, before removing it from the bundt pan.
- Serve with fresh berries and whipped cream and enjoy!